DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

http://mlb.si.com/20...for-the-future/

That looks ridiculously cool, though we'll probably never see it.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@DJ_McCann

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

I don't even want to know what a beer will cost in that joint.

• DJ MC likes this

#3 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I don't even want to know what a beer will cost in that joint.

Just as long as the sizes are actually different...

There's actually some things there that Oriole Park has done or moved toward (not surprising, since Populous is the old HOK Sport). Built into the ground, for example. Open to public spaces (at least outside of games).

I do find interesting the idea of building it as part of an actual park. I wonder if cities/regions will start pushing for that as part of the deal in receiving public money.

@DJ_McCann

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just as long as the sizes are actually different...

There's actually some things there that Oriole Park has done or moved toward (not surprising, since Populous is the old HOK Sport). Built into the ground, for example. Open to public spaces (at least outside of games).

I do find interesting the idea of building it as part of an actual park. I wonder if cities/regions will start pushing for that as part of the deal in receiving public money.

It would certainly make good sense to have public funding tied to public accessibility. It would definitely have to be part of a much larger redevelopment project, since I doubt many cities have that much available land close to their downtown area. But since this is a scenario we're talking about for 20 years down the road, a lot can change between now and then.

#5 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

It would certainly make good sense to have public funding tied to public accessibility. It would definitely have to be part of a much larger redevelopment project, since I doubt many cities have that much available land close to their downtown area. But since this is a scenario we're talking about for 20 years down the road, a lot can change between now and then.

I was trying to think of a scenario where the Ravens play elsewhere in the region, and the city and state reconfigure the whole Camden Yards area with a new park as the centerpiece and the rest of the area as open public space (with one gigantic or a series of underground garages).

@DJ_McCann

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

I was trying to think of a scenario where the Ravens play elsewhere in the region, and the city and state reconfigure the whole Camden Yards area with a new park as the centerpiece and the rest of the area as open public space (with one gigantic or a series of underground garages).

Since the shelf-life for stadiums these days seems to be about 30 years, then it's not implausible that we could see something like that in the 2030's. That said, I hate the idea of the Ravens having their stadium somewhere like Finksburg or Cockeysville.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=