#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

How many running backs could the Ravens carry?

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't go into the season with a "power" back like Allen to change-up from Rice, and Pierce will stick, but Rainey looked REALLY good in the first game. Not just his production against second-string players, but his speed and athleticism reminded me of Rice, and he might be a good guy to keep around as insurance.

Could he make it to the practice squad? Would the Ravens keep four actual running backs to go with Leetch at fullback?

Carrying a 5th RB would lead to Harbs having to cut one of his ST guys. It would more than likely come at the cost of a LB or DB. Either that or the loss of the 6th reciever, more than likely Streeter. I do not see them doing this.
I would not be surprised to see them pick up a vet RB, and that would move Rainey and or AA to the practice squad.
@mikeghg

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Heard something interesting the other day.

My fiance's dad is friends with Stover..they frequently talk.

Stover told him that Cundiff isn't strong enough on his left side and doesnt work on his core strength enough.

He said its very important for a K to have strength in those areas tob successful.

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Heard something interesting the other day.

My fiance's dad is friends with Stover..they frequently talk.

Stover told him that Cundiff isn't strong enough on his left side and doesnt work on his core strength enough.

He said its very important for a K to have strength in those areas tob successful.

Very interesting. It makes a lot of sense too. Stover was a very hard worker and clearly improved from year to year. That comes from work. I am not going to bash on Billy. However Tucker openned my eyes witht he long FG the other night. It was 50 yards and would have gone from 60. that was a wow kick, IMO.

BTW, I still miss Stover. Never more than the AFC Championship game. AutoMattic would not have missed that kick.
@mikeghg

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Berry had a pretty good game the other night, but I still see him behind Rainey.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

I expect Pierce to play a lot on Thursday. I still think the Ravens, want him to step up. Thursday is going to be one where te 1 and 2's get a lot of play. Game 4 will be the game where the next level gets to make their final case.
@mikeghg

#26 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I thought Pierce looked good. He had a lot of guys on him early and was able to break tackles. That's more important to me at this stage than total yardages.

#27 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

http://ravens24x7.co... ... KA.twitter

#28 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/Camp-Notes/Take-1-Projecting-the-Baltimore-Ravens-Final-53#.UDOVK0lUfKA.twitter

Interesting, he leaves Boren out. He'd have to go through waivers so is he assuming he doesn't make it? Not even listed on the bubble, but a guy that was supposedly getting reps at guard this preseason.

Though while there was some really early chatter on him it seems to have died out of late.

#29 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I like Berry but not sure I keep him over Rainey. I think the Ravens keep those 4. Allen gets cut(rightfully so).

I dont think Streeter makes it to the PS.

I think they definitely add at least one player from another team...likely someone on the DL.

I would also be surprised if they only kept 3 safeties.

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I still think we will see a surprise cut to free up saome cap space. McKinnie may be the guy. I think we need a LB and like SG said a DL man. Someone to replace McBean.
@mikeghg

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

FYI - 105.7 The Fan today said that there were rumors of Cundiff saying that he is expected to be cut. Interestingly, shortly after the rumor, LaConfora tweeted that Tucker would get all the kicks tonight.

So far, Tucker is 2/2 + an extra point and has done well on KO's as well. This includes a 53 yarder which split the up-rights with plenty of distance to spare.

I hope this is true.

#32 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

FYI - 105.7 The Fan today said that there were rumors of Cundiff saying that he is expected to be cut. Interestingly, shortly after the rumor, LaConfora tweeted that Tucker would get all the kicks tonight.

So far, Tucker is 2/2 + an extra point and has done well on KO's as well. This includes a 53 yarder which split the up-rights with plenty of distance to spare.

I hope this is true.

UJR8ZNAnRoM
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

My fiances father is involved with the fellowship for Christian athletes. Went to a fundraiser banquet a few months back for this and many ravens players/execs were there.

Cundiff was one of them. He talked about his faith helping him through last year and how his teammates really supported him.

I feel bad for him because he seemed like a nice guy who really cared but the bottom line is this job is about performance and that performance isn't there....and Tuckers is.

#34 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

I hope this is true.

Well, no Cundiff.

I'm guessing that this is true.

#35 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

I never really blamed Cundiff for the Missed FG, if Evans had held onto the ball it wouldn't have mattered. Having said that I have no problem with the team going with Tucker if they feel he is the best option.

#36 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Baltimore Ravens: Late For Work
http://www.baltimore... ... 19192d3406

Cundiff: 'I'll Take My Services Elsewhere'

The 2010 Pro Bowler said he’s made about 90 percent of his kicks inside the 50-yard line the last two years, going 12 of 13 in the playoffs. He added he’s also recorded the most touchbacks in the league over that time.

"I feel like if that’s not good enough, I’ll take my services elsewhere to be perfectly honest," he said in the CSNBaltimore.com video below. "I feel like it’s a really solid track record and I’m not here to deal with hypotheticals."

@MKlein76

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Tucker locked things up last night barring an injury. Absolutely money on that 53 yarder and showed touchback skills as well. Cundiff knows this one is over and while he'll eventually probably find another job it's not likely to be as quickly as he thinks.

- Rainey has locked up not only a roster spot but playing time as Rice's backup. Pierce will make it and play as well but I'm not that impressed by him. He didn't show very good vision a few times last night He needs to hit holes harder and quit running east/west. Berry is gonna be left out and that is a shame as he is a pretty solid RB. In a lot of ways I like him more than Pierce but 3rd round pick will win out Don't be surprised to not only see Berry picked up but running in some games for someone later this year.

- Doss looked good and earned his spot last night. Torrey,Q,Jones,Doss,and LaQuan are locks. It'll be interesting to see if Thompson or Streeter can steal 1final spot.

- Defensively I don't think there is many questions. I think Asa Jackson and Chaike Brown are both likely to make it. The LBs and DL are pretty set IMO. Maybe 1 spot to be decided between all of the front 7. Kindle is likely out.

I bet there is no more than 2 roster spots left up for grabs at this point. Things def cleared up a bit last night.

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Streeter has a sprained foot..there's your reason for IR.

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

http://www.baltimore... ... 3861.story

Money situation for kickers.

#40 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-salary-cap-impact-on-cundiff-versus-tucker-20120824,0,683861.story

Money situation for kickers.

If you think you can win the title with the team you have (irregardless of K), then money is not an issue here and you have to keep Tucker based on performance, not only is practice but is PS games.
@brobey1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=