2014 NCAA Lax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Congrats on the Salisbury win.  Amazing how that school always contends for the D-III title.

I was shocked at how Tufts pasted RIT.  D-III game will be good....usually is.

I don't mind Tierney and would rather see Denver beat them, but Duke has become a powerhouse and the most consistent team in D-1.  9 straight Final 4 trips is something special.

• DuffMan likes this
@scotk09

#42 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Duke can initiate from all over the field, including with massive Myles Jones who's only gotten better, and Fowler has been pretty valuable controlling the X for them. But they lack depth and now they'll be missing Dionne. Still think they're the favorite.

Seems like both semifinals have pretty similar teams matching up. And no surprise that the ACC is so well represented, but with the parody in the game today, it's still pretty damn impressive.

#43 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

Bmore Irish...agree w/ all you said.

I would go zone against Duke if I was Tierney....at least throw it in to slow them down. The Duke middies can dodge and just make the pass when the double team comes.  I see Denver scoring on Duke and Denver has the advantage in the goal too.

If Duke wins it continues a trend that's been going on for the last 40 years!

Really like both matchups.  

@scotk09

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

SB Nation: MD vs. Notre Dame Preview
http://www.collegecr...-tv-stream-free

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

SB Nation: Denver vs. Duke Preview
http://www.collegecr...-tv-stream-free

#46 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the previews, Chris.  I'm hoping for a MD vs. Denver final!

@scotk09

#47 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Debating whether or not to pick up tickets to any of the games this weekend!

#48 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,733 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

Where's the uproar over the Orioles game being played the same time as the semi final games on Saturday?

#49 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Where's the uproar over the Orioles game being played the same time as the semi final games on Sunday?

Isn't it Saturday, but point taken since it's the same time? My guess is they don't expect a full stadium (capacity is probably set to around 50k for this event) so that alleviates a potential traffic problem.

@levineps

#50 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,733 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Isn't it Saturday, but point taken since it's the same time? My guess is they don't expect a full stadium (capacity is probably set to around 50k for this event) so that alleviates a potential traffic problem.

Good catch, meant to say Saturday.

#51 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Btw, I don't think the O's could put the game at 7 on Sat because of the FOX window. Latest it could begin is at 4.

I know with Seattle when they had a baseball/soccer game at the same time, they limited how many people could be at Qwest. I'm guessing we'll see something similar, but I'm not sure if this is even going to come into play.

@levineps

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Baltimore SunNational TV restrictions force Orioles to set May 24 game for same afternoon as NCAA lacrosse Final Four

The lacrosse Final Four games are scheduled for 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. But the Orioles are prevented from scheduling their game in the evening because they are contractually prohibited from competing with the Fox prime time window from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. that day.

"Essentially, we can't play the game after 4:05 because of national television restrictions," Orioles vice president of communications and marketing Greg Bader said Sunday. "Playing at 12:30 is the best option for Orioles fans to get into the ballpark."

The specific parking plans, however, have not yet been finalized. The parking lots around the two stadiums are used for events at both, but with two events at once, it could create issues.

"It's one of those things that we are going to work out the logistics over the next couple of weeks," Bader said. "Hopefully, there won't be an interruption in the normal routine for our fans."

• DuffMan likes this
@levineps

#53 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

I hate baseball.....

@scotk09

#54 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

I hate baseball.....

Not exactly a popular opinion on this board.

@levineps

#55 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

I looked at ESPN2 schedule for Saturday (the network airing this), they're airing some NHRA qualifying thing after lax and then softball super-regionals at 8 PM. I think they could've made the lax later. Whatever it is, what it is.

@levineps

#56 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I used to love baseball as a kid, but lost interest whn they cancelled the World Series back in the 90s.

Maybe hate is too strong of a term. but I like lots of other sports far more.

And now another example of how a baseball game will have negative impact on another sporting event in Baltimore.

See Ravens season opener last year.

@scotk09

#57 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

I used to love baseball as a kid, but lost interest whn they cancelled the World Series back in the 90s.

Maybe hate is too strong of a term. but I like lots of other sports far more.

And now another example of how a baseball game will have negative impact on another sporting event in Baltimore.

See Ravens season opener last year.

Sorry the World Series being cancelled pissed you off so much, that was 20 years ago. MLB has gone the longest with labor peace of any of the four leagues by far. You could nitpick these kinds of things with any sport IMO. There's nothing wrong with not liking baseball, just because you don't like the sport itself. I'm not much of a lax fan after all.

I don't want to rehash the NFL kickoff debate, but it was a pretty complex issue. We discussed ad naesum here (http://www.baltimore...rioles kickoff).

@levineps

#58 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

All good......to each his own.  You dig baseball more, and others dig lacrosse more.

Both great sports, just comes down to taste.

I root for the Orioles b/c they represent Baltimore, but don't watch many games.

I follow the box scores to see how the players are doing. I'd rather attend a Ravens game or college / HS lacrosse game.

@scotk09

#59 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

All good......to each his own.  You dig baseball more, and others dig lacrosse more.

Both great sports, just comes down to taste.

I root for the Orioles b/c they represent Baltimore, but don't watch many games.

I follow the box scores to see how the players are doing. I'd rather attend a Ravens game or college / HS lacrosse game.

Exactly, no issues there whatsoever. NASCAR doesn't excite me in the least, but it's a pretty popular with a large segment of society. 

@levineps

#60 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Agree w/ you on NASCAR.  I'd attend an Orioles game over NASCAR any day of the week.

I would go to any Os game if invited.  I just prefer faster paced sports where the games have more weight like NFL and lax.

One loss in 162 games doesn't mean that much. One loss in NFL or lacrosse carries a lot more weight.

if you have time, give the lax semi-finals games a watch on TV. Maryland playing will charge the crowd for sure.

I went to the finals at M&T in 2003, 2004 and 2007....all were great events!

@scotk09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=