• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

A few thoughts on the local teams:

Albany at Loyola: Hounds are best all around team in D-1 IMO.  Toomey doesn't care they got the #3 seed, he just wanted a home playoff game. If you've never seen the Thompsons play this is your chance...they are as good as the hype and must see for any lax fan. Two of the three EACH have 100 pts thie year...that's an insane number. If Loyola plays decent defense and doesn't let the Thompsons go nuts, they will win by 3-4 goals.

Cornell at MD: Last year Rob Panell lit up the Terps and the Big Red cruised to the win. Panell is gone, but this is a tough test for MD.  The offense has gone south and they can't win a shootout. If Terps hold CU under 10 they have a fighting chance. The injury to top middie Chanenchuk hurts.

Hopkins at Virginia: The loss at Loyola cost JHU a home game and going to UVA is NOT what they wanted in the 1st round. Two things were disturbing in the loss at Loyola: 1. Faceoffs, usually a Hopkins strength, were not; and nobody on the offense could recognize a double team. Virginia isn't a great team, but they are tough and always play well at home. Hopkins can only win if they own the faceoffs.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@scotk09

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Testudo Times: Tournament Preview
http://www.testudoti...review-schedule

#23 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

If Tillman loses another home game I think he might be in trouble IMO.  

Plus the committee needs MD and/or Hopkins in the final 4 to get fans in the seats.

@scotk09

#24 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Loyola went down in flames against Albany today. The Terps very nearly followed suit, but came back from a 4-goal halftime deficit to narrowly avoid being upset by Cornell for the 2nd year in a row.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#25 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

And down goes Syracuse.  Bryant with the big time upset.  You may not be a fan of Lacrosse but you can certainly enjoy Syracuse losing!

• BSLChrisStoner and Bmore Irish like this

#26 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

The Bryant win was a ginormous upset and a huge gift for MD.  Terps have a MUCH better chance of making it to M&T than Hopkins.  

@scotk09

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

The Bryant win was a ginormous upset and a huge gift for MD.  Terps have a MUCH better chance of making it to M&T than Hopkins.  

O man the storylines would be great if we got a Bryant-Duke final.  Hopkins-Maryland would be awesome as well.  The Thompsons are the real deal I hope Albany makes it to championship weekend as well.

#28 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

The Thompson's on the same attack line is equivalent to the Gait twins on the same midfield line.

How do you defend 2 guys on the same line who are both that good?  You can't cover them w/ just one guy...and then when you slide to double they burn you on a feed to the crease or back side.

Can't wait for the games this weekend.

@scotk09

#29 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

I forget which one did it, but Loyola defender was all over one of the brothers and he's got the stick in his left hand.  And he fires off a one handed shot that was underhanded!  Amazing play, shame it hit the post because that would have been a highlight reel goal.

#30 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

The one shot I saw a few weeks ago, think it was Lyle, caught ball in left hand moving to his right, then switched to right hand and whipped it one handed, behind his back w/ a bounce shot. Insane!

Goalie had no clue.

@scotk09

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

PressBox: Maryland - Bryant match-up an unexpected duel

http://www.pressboxo...unexpected-duel

PressBox: Ryan Brown's Explosive Scoring important for Hopkins Offense

http://www.pressboxo...ue-jays-offense

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,462 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Great start for the Terps vs. Bryant. Terps 3/3 in faceoff's, and 2/2 in shots. 

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,462 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Make that 3/3... 3-0 Terps, just under 3 minutes into the contest.

#34 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Terps rolled over Bryant. Offense was firing on all cylinders today. Number 7 was dominating the X. Lost track of how many times the Terps scored then got the ball right back on the ensuing faceoff.

#35 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Whale of a game going on right now between ND and Albany!

#36 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

That Notre Dame-Albany game was fantastic. Hoping Hopkins can get a run going here like the Irish did yesterday. Neither defense is making stops in this one, so long, quality possessions are that much more important.

#37 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

The ND-Albany was as good a lacrosse game as you will see....and it was in the QF round!

It's just another example of how crucial faceoffs are to the game. ND has NO chance to make that comeback in the 4th qtr if they don't dominate the faceoffs.  Really tough loss for Albany.  

The Thompson trio will be on display at the World Games in July.

As for Hopkins....not surprised at all with the loss to Duke. JHU has a very average goalie and can't match up w/ the Duke middies.  I think Petro made a mistake not pulling the goalie after the first qtr.  Allowing 7 goals is not acceptable.

@scotk09

#38 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

http://www.insidelac...h-ot-goal/28697

I can't embed the video for some reason, so go to this link and watch the highlights of the Albany-ND game.  Just an amazing game, including some incredible goals.  Favorite high light for me was the sequence leading to Albany's 13th goal.  Albany GK with two point blank saves then a 3rd shot off the crossbar leads to the fast break and a goal the other way.  Great lacrosse!!

#39 211sports

211sports
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Duffman....I'm impressed w/ your lax IQ.  Not a lot of that on this site.

The Duke-Denver game should be really entertaining.  

@scotk09

#40 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Duffman....I'm impressed w/ your lax IQ.  Not a lot of that on this site.

The Duke-Denver game should be really entertaining.  

I played most of my youth up through 10th grade in High School.  And have always enjoyed watching it.

As far as Duke-Denver I can't stand Tierny so I rather see Duke win that game.

Also I just wanted to give a shout out to my alma mater Salisbury for beating the Shoremen last night and getting to another D-3 final next Sunday against Tufts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=