23 replies to this topic

#21 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

It's not a Philly style, but Ledo's Steak & Cheese sub is definitely severely underrated, IMO.

I guess that's cool if you're going the L/T/M/Provolone route. Last week I had the South Street Cheese Steak (sans peppers), which is a Whiz type - not bad, though I wish the meat/bread ratio was a little more to the steak.

#22 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

For the record, and this will piss people off, but I generally hate cheese, so on my "cheese"steaks I get meat, mushrooms and load it up with ketchup :smile:

Ok, I can't believe nobody mentioned the ketchup.  :cry:  No self respecting person who eats cheese steaks would be caught dead putting ketchup on one, let alone the fact you don't have any cheese on the thing. If I was a store owner(I'm picturing the soup nazi from Seinfeld) I'd tell you you're banned from the store.

I'm sure that was the reaction you were expecting. :wink:

#23 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

Ok, I can't believe nobody mentioned the ketchup.  :cry:  No self respecting person who eats cheese steaks would be caught dead putting ketchup on one, let alone the fact you don't have any cheese on the thing. If I was a store owner(I'm picturing the soup nazi from Seinfeld) I'd tell you you're banned from the store.

I'm sure that was the reaction you were expecting. :wink:

I still like ketchup on mine from time to time, though I rarely do anymore. Tasty.

@DJ_McCann

#24 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Ketchup...I don't think I've seen that method since the high school cafeteria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=