#701 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:21 AM

Biggest surprise to me so far are my boys from Manchester. Man U. There wasn't any question they knew how to score. And they have finding the back of the net 7 times so far. But their defense has been suspect for awhile now. But they have played PSG and RB Leipzig and held them to a combined 1 goal. 

The other surprise is Real Madrid. Only one point in their first two matches. Yikes.

#702 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,292 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:01 AM

CBS Sports: Champions League storylines: Real Madrid, Inter Milan set for showdown; Ajax, Kiev hit with COVID-19 issues
https://www.cbssport...ovid-19-issues/

#703 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,292 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:31 AM

CBS Sports: UEFA Champions League odds, picks, schedule, watch, live streaming: PSG and Barcelona under pressure, more

https://www.cbssport...-pressure-more/

#704 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:43 PM

UCL back for the next three weeks. Guess my internet usage is going to take a bit of a spike....lol.

Chelsea up next but no Pulisic. Lampard hopes he's back this weekend.

Big game next with Dortmund and Club Brugge. Could be two US guys in Reyna and Horvath. Doubt Horvath gets in but a guy can dream.

#705 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:20 PM

So Reyna starts for Dortmund, Dest starts for Barcelona, and McKennie starts for Juventus.

Adams is on the bench for Leipzid and Horvath is on the bench for Brugge.

#706 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,292 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:46 AM

CBS Sports: Champions League matchday 5: Liverpool vs. Ajax and Gladbach vs. Inter headline action-packed Tuesday
https://www.cbssport...packed-tuesday/

#707 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:57 PM

Real Madrid swept by Shakhtar lol

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#708 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:52 PM

Here's the latest standings and teams chances to make the Round of 16.

Group A - Bayern wins the group. Altetico needs a draw to ensure they are in.

Group B - Wide open. All four teams are still in the running to advance since Real Madrid keeps crapping the bed.

Group C - Man City and Porto both advance.

Group D - Liverpool wins the group. Atalanta and Ajax face each other next week to see who moves on. Ajax is home but Atalanta only needs a draw.

Group E - Chelsea and Sevilla are both advancing. They play tomorrow with the winner likely to win the group.

Group F - Dortmund and Lazio have the inside track to advance. Club Brugge has an outside shot if they get at least 4 points in their last two matches and get some help.

Group G - Barcelona and Juventus both advance. Barca has the edge to win the group.

Group H - Recall that I felt this was the Group of Death. That's the case for sure. All four teams have legit chances to advance. Man U is in the drivers seat needing only a draw in their last two matches to advance.

Tomorrow's big match is Man U hosting PSG. Man U is got a lot of injuries but some of their supposed second team guys are outplaying supposed starters.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#709 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:06 AM

Here's the latest standings and teams chances to make the Round of 16.

Group B - Wide open. All four teams are still in the running to advance since Real Madrid keeps crapping the bed.
Group D - Liverpool wins the group. Atalanta and Ajax face each other next week to see who moves on. Ajax is home but Atalanta only needs a draw.
Group E - Chelsea and Sevilla are both advancing. They play tomorrow with the winner likely to win the group.
Group F - Dortmund and Lazio have the inside track to advance. Club Brugge has an outside shot if they get at least 4 points in their last two matches and get some help.
Group G - Barcelona and Juventus both advance. Barca has the edge to win the group.
Group H - Recall that I felt this was the Group of Death. That's the case for sure. All four teams have legit chances to advance. Man U is in the drivers seat needing only a draw in their last two matches to advance.

Tomorrow's big match is Man U hosting PSG. Man U is got a lot of injuries but some of their supposed second team guys are outplaying supposed starters.

Poor Sevilla can't defend their Sevilla Cup Title now!
@DaKittenz

#710 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:39 PM

Here's the latest standings and teams chances to make the Round of 16. Updated after todays matches.

Group E - Chelsea and Sevilla are both advancing. Chelsea gonna win the group barring some weirdness nextweek.

Group F - Dortmund advances. Lazio has the inside track to advance but Club Brugge got a huge win today and Dortmund tying Lazio was the help Brugge needed.

Group G - Barcelona and Juventus both advance. Barca wins the group short of Juve slaughtering them next week.

Group H - Istandbul is out. That's the only for sure at this point. Man U, PSG, and Leipzig are tied with 9 points each. Man U leads goal differential followed by PSG. Each of these three teams has things in their own control. Win and they advance. PSG has the easiest match getting to finish with Istanbul but Leipzig hosts Man U. This group is going down to the last match and probably to late in the matches before we have an answer.

#711 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,292 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:04 AM

CBS Sports: UEFA Champions League predictions, odds, picks: Ronaldo vs. Messi, plus Man United feel elimination pressure
https://www.cbssport...ation-pressure/

#712 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:55 AM

United heading to Europa League 

#713 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:00 AM

As much as I hated for Man U to lose out its not all bad since Leipzig advances putting another Nat into the Round of 16.

#714 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:15 PM

Steffen starting tonight in the CL for City, more good news for UMD and the USMNT https://twitter.com/...743703747170304

#715 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,292 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:43 PM

CBS Sports: UEFA Champions League scores: Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid advance, Inter crash out and more
https://www.cbssport...-and-more/live/

#716 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:25 AM

Round of 16 draw

Monchengladbach vs Manchester City

Lazio vs Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea 

RB Leipzig vs Liverpool

Porto vs Juventus

Barcelona vs PSG

Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund

Atalanta vs Real Madrid

• glenn__davis likes this

#717 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

Gonna have an article up later this week with my take on the Round of 16.

#718 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 19 December 2020 - 12:51 PM

Ok here's a look at the Round of 16.

https://baltimorespo...ue-round-of-16/

• BSLChrisStoner and Mashed Potatoes like this

#719 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 05:59 PM

As much as I hated for Man U to lose out its not all bad since Leipzig advances putting another Nat into the Round of 16.

They need more center-back depth and a CDM in the worst way. The Maguire/Lindelof partnership doesn't work. I like Bailly, but the poor bastard has often been a Mr. Glass. Tuanzebe has promise, but he doesn't get a lot of use and I don't know whether they know what to do with him re: CB/FB.

#720 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

They need more center-back depth and a CDM in the worst way. The Maguire/Lindelof partnership doesn't work. I like Bailly, but the poor bastard has often been a Mr. Glass. Tuanzebe has promise, but he doesn't get a lot of use and I don't know whether they know what to do with him re: CB/FB.

I think I disagree about Maguire/Lindelof but they do need more depth there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=