#21 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Bingo.

If the Orioles traded Taylor Teagarden for Mike Trout straight up, Nes would figure out a way to turn it into a negative.

Not really...

@PeterDiLutis

#22 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Not really...

Really. He called the Jim Johnson trade a "fire sale".

It was one player.

To claim that Nestor doesn't have an agenda is silly. He's FOX News, bro.

@beginthebegin71

#23 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Really. He called the Jim Johnson trade a "fire sale".

It was one player.

To claim that Nestor doesn't have an agenda is silly. He's FOX News, bro.

Nestor definitely has an agenda. This is a person who used Tom Clancy's death to take a swipe at Angelos. I don't think individual members of WNST necessarily have an agenda however. That said, I think your workplace influences you. They know plenty of things we don't. Likewise someone who works for MASN, probably sees the team in a different light.

@levineps

#24 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Nestor definitely has an agenda. This is a person who used Tom Clancy's death to take a swipe at Angelos. I don't think individual members of WNST necessarily have an agenda however. That said, I think your workplace influences you. They know plenty of things we don't. Likewise someone who works for MASN, probably sees the team in a different light.

I agree, but if you're around it enough, you start to sound like a broken record..I think Pete (DiLutis, not Angelos) is a great guy, potential star in the business in the future, love the kid to death, but you follow his posts over the years, and it's pretty clear that the company line has been drawn.

@beginthebegin71

#25 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

I agree, but if you're around it enough, you start to sound like a broken record..I think Pete (DiLutis, not Angelos) is a great guy, potential star in the business in the future, love the kid to death, but you follow his posts over the years, and it's pretty clear that the company line has been drawn.

That's my issue with Nestor is he sounds like a broken record since everything seems to relate back to Angelos. But that's part of his shtick. He realizes people follow him on Twitter or are his friend on Facebook to hear exactly what he has to say on this. He didn't build WNST up from being stupid, he's a good businessman.

@levineps

#26 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

That's my issue with Nestor is he sounds like a broken record since everything seems to relate back to Angelos. But that's part of his shtick. He realizes people follow him on Twitter or are his friend on Facebook to hear exactly what he has to say on this. He didn't build WNST up from being stupid, he's a good businessman.

No doubt, and he's probably a good dude, I don't doubt his passion for a minute. He almost gloats on Facebook/Twitter after every loss, and then acts like the biggest O's fan on earth when they're winning..I know his roots with the team go way back, and I guess deep down he wants them to succeed, but he does have an odd way of showing it most of the time. 

The comparing everything to the Ravens annoys the hell out of me too. It doesn't have to be an us vs. them thing. We have two good teams in the city now, embrace it, don't fight it. 

• PD24 likes this
@beginthebegin71

#27 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

No doubt, and he's probably a good dude, I don't doubt his passion for a minute. He almost gloats on Facebook/Twitter after every loss, and then acts like the biggest O's fan on earth when they're winning..I know his roots with the team go way back, and I guess deep down he wants them to succeed, but he does have an odd way of showing it most of the time. 

The comparing everything to the Ravens annoys the hell out of me too. It doesn't have to be an us vs. them thing. We have two good teams in the city now, embrace it, don't fight it. 

I'm sure as a parent you can relate to this, different team have different expectations. You wouldn't expect the same things from your kids. I'm guessing they are strong in different areas.

@levineps

#28 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'm sure as a parent you can relate to this, different team have different expectations. You wouldn't expect the same things from your kids. I'm guessing they are strong in different areas.

Yes, but I still want the best for both, and would love to see them both have success. 

• Oriole85 likes this
@beginthebegin71

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

No. He's not.  He does have some good qualities... he loves Baltimore, and does find ways to give back. I commend him for that.... but he's not a good guy.

#30 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

No. He's not.  He does have some good qualities... he loves Baltimore, and does find ways to give back. I commend him for that.... but he's not a good guy.

Ok, then.  I don't know the man personally, so I'll defer to you on this one. I can only go by his Facebook, and he seems to love his Mother, wife, and Son, so there's that. 

@beginthebegin71

#31 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ok, then.  I don't know the man personally, so I'll defer to you on this one. I can only go by his Facebook, and he seems to love his Mother, wife, and Son, so there's that. 

I'm sure Peter Angelos would side with Chris on this one. :lol:

@levineps

#32 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

NST has been really good for the past few years, at least the parts that I can hear.  Luke and Drew are great in the mornings, and Glenn Clark is so much better with his own show than he was as Drew's sidekick.  He still goes a little nutso on the O's at times, but that's OK. 

Nestor is still awful.  I hate when I tune in in the morning to hear Drew and he's off and I get Nestor instead.  Then I have to tune in to 1300 and hear all-NFL, all-the-time.

Anyway, back to the Yankees, I kind of think we need to get over the whole "bad contract" thing.  When is the last time a decent free agent signed that it wasn't immediately labeled as a bad contract?  I understand the ideas of maximizing value, but unfortunately they don't give awards for teams that spend their money the most efficiently.

• Oriole85 likes this

#33 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I love you Seth, and if I didn't love you and know you as well as I do, I'd probably take offense to this. But rest assured, no offense taken :)

But perhaps I've been exposed to some things that have made me change my opinion of the organization? Did you ever consider that? 

I've also seen, WNST or no WNST, nearly a decade of organizational ineptitude and disappointment since 2004-2005 when I posted on OH and was one of the most optimistic posters. 

No one at WNST is censored. Trust me. Ask anyone. Thyrl posts on here. Ask him. Ask Luke. Ask Glenn. Nestor doesn't micro-manage...he is busy running the business to worry about what his personalities blog about or put on Twitter or FB.

Again. Most people agree the O's are horribly managed/owned. That's what you are accusing is Nestor's agenda. I don't get what is off base about that viewpoint. It's not like he's saying the Ravens are a shitty organization. 

• Adam Wolff and SBTarheel like this
@PeterDiLutis

#34 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I love you Seth, and if I didn't love you and know you as well as I do, I'd probably take offense to this. But rest assured, no offense taken :)

But perhaps I've been exposed to some things that have made me change my opinion of the organization? Did you ever consider that? 

I've also seen, WNST or no WNST, nearly a decade of organizational ineptitude and disappointment since 2004-2005 when I posted on OH and was one of the most optimistic posters. 

No one at WNST is censored. Trust me. Ask anyone. Thyrl posts on here. Ask him. Ask Luke. Ask Glenn. Nestor doesn't micro-manage...he is busy running the business to worry about what his personalities blog about or put on Twitter or FB.

Again. Most people agree the O's are horribly managed/owned. That's what you are accusing is Nestor's agenda. I don't get what is off base about that viewpoint. It's not like he's saying the Ravens are a shitty organization. 

Let's put it this way: Nestor's opinion of the Orioles is along the same lines as what you would characterize as my opinion towards WNST.

@DJ_McCann

#35 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Correct, we all agree that the O's have been mismanaged, no one can or will deny that. However, it's the constant personal stuff on Angelos that gets so old, i mean, it's almost DAILY during the season (or when they make a deal, or when the Yankees or Red Sox make a move), and it's just so over the top. Unless Peter Angelos killed Nestor's dog, then I'd get it.

I'll try to say this without crossing "that" line: You and I share the same Political views so you know what I'm saying:

let's say there was a certain group of people that literally repeated the same "buzzwords" every day, multiple times per day until they become a part of the culture. Even though some of their points are valid, a lot of what they're saying gets lost to much of the public because after a while it just seems too personal.

That's Nestor with his hatred of Angelos...even though a lot of what he says is true...Just like these other people do sometimes have some valid points, after a while, it's just noise.

Oh, and I love you too. :)

@beginthebegin71

#36 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Correct, we all agree that the O's have been mismanaged, no one can or will deny that. However, it's the constant personal stuff on Angelos that gets so old, i mean, it's almost DAILY during the season (or when they make a deal, or when the Yankees or Red Sox make a move), and it's just so over the top. Unless Peter Angelos killed Nestor's dog, then I'd get it.

I'll try to say this without crossing "that" line: You and I share the same Political views so you know what I'm saying:

let's say there was a certain group of people that literally repeated the same "buzzwords" every day, multiple times per day until they become a part of the culture. Even though some of their points are valid, a lot of what they're saying gets lost to much of the public because after a while it just seems too personal.

That's Nestor with his hatred of Angelos...even though a lot of what he says is true...Just like these other people do sometimes have some valid points, after a while, it's just noise.

Oh, and I love you too. :)

Yeah, I understand what you're saying and you're not the only one. Perhaps it's the consistent talking about it and beating the horse, as opposed to the actual view that you disagree with. I can certainly see why. I would justify it by saying that it's affected his business and life tremendously, but as Madison pointed out in another thread, that certainly comes with the territory of owning an independent sports media outlet in Baltimore...

Although, there's lots more people than you think that share the same opinion of Angelos in the business world that have been screwed by him constantly. They just don't publicize it everyday, mostly for political reasons, as doing so clearly rubs people the wrong way...

@PeterDiLutis

#37 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Let's put it this way: Nestor's opinion of the Orioles is along the same lines as what you would characterize as my opinion towards WNST.

You are just such a big contributor to the threads that you post in.

@PeterDiLutis

#38 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, I understand what you're saying and you're not the only one. Perhaps it's the consistent talking about it and beating the horse, as opposed to the actual view that you disagree with. I can certainly see why. I would justify it by saying that it's affected his business and life tremendously, but as Madison pointed out in another thread, that certainly comes with the territory of owning an independent sports media outlet in Baltimore...

Although, there's lots more people than you think that share the same opinion of Angelos in the business world that have been screwed by him constantly. They just don't publicize it everyday, mostly for political reasons, as doing so clearly rubs people the wrong way...

That's it exactly. I have no issues with him having issues with the way the Orioles are run, like we've all said, we all have the same issues and concerns. I'm not even defending Angelos per se, I see some of Nestor's points.

But we get it. The first 75,000 times you posted it on Facebook, Twitter, and your blog we understood your feelings.

Just take it down a notch, and again, stop making it an O's vs. Ravens thing. Two good teams right now, let's enjoy it!

@beginthebegin71

#39 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,765 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Nestor is one of those folks who even if you agree with what he's saying, the way he says it makes you wish you didn't agree. I haven't read any of his stuff in a while though, maybe he'a gotten better or worse.I like most of what I read from the rest of WNST, especially the guys who post here like Pete and Thryl. Usually even if I disagree with them on something, their opinion is soundly based. Drew Forrester is the exception. I've never read anything he's written that wasn't either completely obvious already but presented as if he's the genius who figured out what nobody else knows or was just terribly reasoned and wrong.

• PD24 likes this

#40 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

You are just such a big contributor to the threads that you post in.

I made a valid point. This seems unnecessary, especially for someone trying to defend their employer from what they consider baseless attacks.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=