Photo

BSL: Terps rocked in Columbus; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,512 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

With all due respect, I would disagree.  There are certainly opinions on both sides, but the more insulting ones come only from one of them.  But hey, maybe I'm biased.

I agree. Not that I haven't been guilty of this myself after a tough loss, but I've tried not to be.

#62 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,483 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

With all due respect, I would disagree.  There are certainly opinions on both sides, but the more insulting ones come only from one of them.  But hey, maybe I'm biased.

My point wasn't about which side is or is not insulting, although that can certainly have an effect. My point is that when you have a subject that is very polarizing, as the coaching situation with UM basketball and football has been for some time now, the people on the extremes will express their opinions (whether respectfully or not) at nearly every opportunity. And the stronger the opinions the greater the tendency to draw in more people from the middle. Hence we all keep going in circles with the same talking points over and over....and I'm certainly not proclaiming myself to be above the fray.

#63 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

We need an Edsall versus Turgeon thread. Then a Gary Williams legacy debate thread. After that, a KA thread.

@levineps

#64 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,483 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

We need an Edsall versus Turgeon thread. Then a Gary Williams legacy debate thread. After that, a KA thread.

Don't forget Friedgen.....make it a Friedgen vs. Vanderlinden thread, since some people think Vanderlinden deserves all the credit for the 10-win seasons since they were mostly his recruits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=