Photo

BSL: Ravens celebrate Thanksgiving with win over Pitt; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

The Jets got called for being in that white area last week...Tomlin's act was way more blantant.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

Btw...Myles has proven to be a very solid pickup for ST. They got him midseason and he had definitely been making some plays for them.

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

Joe was hilarious here. http://www.csnbaltim...s-purpose-video

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

WR screens!!!

#25 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Huge win. Congrats Ravens fans! I think this team makes the playoffs and anything can happen at that point considering the competition.

#26 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

On Tomlin, things like this that were never an issue In the past spark rule changes, or installation of new ones. The quick fix is from now on, when a player interferes in that manner, a TD is awarded. Interference in baseball, runner is awarded the base. Award the player the endzone. That'll end this nonsense that has happened two weeks in a row now.

The argument against it is that, especially when there wasn't actual contact, there is no way to assume that the runner makes the end zone. Even in this case, the defender was closing fast enough that Jones may well have been tackled either way.

On the other hand, if coaches and players aren't going to pay attention to the rule something should be done to make sure they do.

I guarantee, though, that if this is put in place it wouldn't be long until an overzealous official sees a guy with his foot on the bench edge of the line during a routine play and calls an unnecessary TD.

@DJ_McCann

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Huge win. Congrats Ravens fans! I think this team makes the playoffs and anything can happen at that point considering the competition.

Its as simple as this. If the Bengals lose to the Chargers Sunday, then the Ravens have to just keep pace with them. If they are 1 game back going into Cincy week 17, and win, the tie gives the Ravens the Division. Go Chargers, and match the Bengals wins after that (without letting PIT back in of course).
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Its as simple as this. If the Bengals lose to the Chargers Sunday, then the Ravens have to just keep pace with them. If they are 1 game back going into Cincy week 17, and win, the tie gives the Ravens the Division. Go Chargers, and match the Bengals wins after that (without letting PIT back in of course).

I still think the 6th seed is more likely....but still, whoever loses that game is big for the Ravens.

#29 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm not sure if I'd be rooting for the Chargers if I were you. Higher upside, but more of a risk of not making the playoffs if they win.

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Any chance Upshaw is fined for the Bell hit? Both of them had their heads lowered, but I've seen defenders fined for much less than that...

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Attached File  image.jpg   183.57K   22 downloads

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Blew it up for ya...

YJXFKYZ.png

• SportsGuy likes this

#33 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm not sure if I'd be rooting for the Chargers if I were you. Higher upside, but more of a risk of not making the playoffs if they win.

Eh, they can lose others. I guess Cincy could too, but I want a home playoff game with this teams road woes.

Probably getting way too far ahead of myself.
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's what I said, he wasn't just on the white and close to the field, he actually stepped onto the field. Better be a hefty fine.

The refs tried to screw us in this game, Tomlin pulled a punk move, and we still won. Makes it sweeter.

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

I love me some T. Smith...

I left too many plays on the field...shouldn't have been that close...Great Team Win

#36 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

BTW...he was the only freaking Steeler on that sideline on the white. They are well coached to not be on that white because the ref will flag them. Not only is he the only one, but he pulls the stunt of stepping on the field. Beyond me how that wasn't a 15 yard penalty. The ref actually runs out of his way to run around Tomlin. Pussy my move by the ref. Hopefully, the league gets it right.

• Miller192 likes this

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I love me some T. Smith...

I left too many plays on the field...shouldn't have been that close...Great Team Win

Torrey has to get stronger hands. He has gotten better at pure catching, though he did drop that one on the sideline tonight. The one that bugged me was the one Joe threw up to him in the endzone. Jump ball that he had in his hands and he let Taylor jar it lose. He high pointed it and everything but let Taylor jar it lose on not a overwhelming effort by Taylor.  Strong handed WRs bring that ball in.

• Mike in STL likes this

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

BTW...he was the only freaking Steeler on that sideline on the white. They are well coached to not be on that white because the ref will flag them. Not only is he the only one, but he pulls the stunt of stepping on the field. Beyond me how that wasn't a 15 yard penalty. The ref actually runs out of his way to run around Tomlin. Pussy my move by the ref. Hopefully, the league gets it right.

How the official didn't call that is beyond me.

#39 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Torrey has to get stronger hands. He has gotten better at pure catching, though he did drop that one on the sideline tonight. The one that bugged me was the one Joe threw up to him in the endzone. Jump ball that he had in his hands and he let Taylor jar it lose. He high pointed it and everything but let Taylor jar it lose on not a overwhelming effort by Taylor.  Strong handed WRs bring that ball in.

It's one of the few times my friend texted, "Boldin makes that catch", and I...just didn't have a response.

#40 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

I will also say that it warms my heart that the man that did the Squirrel after his TD dance ended up with the game-losing drop.

Sanders is getting crushed right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=