23 replies to this topic

#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,782 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Speaking of jobs, the new project that I've been splitting my time on over the past year or so launches tomorrow.  We've got two of the cubesats (tiny satellites, each about the size of a loaf of bread) aboard this Minotaur rocket.

http://www.orbital.c...inotaurI_ORS-3/

We're scheduled to launch at 7:30pm tomorrow night.  Will be visible for most of the East coast.  Go somewhere with clear line of sight and look towards Wallops Island, VA.  More details on where to look can be found on that site.  Should be pretty cool, will look like a really fast traveling plane.

I was getting kind of bored with my previous project, it was still a very interesting project but we had really settled into a routine so not much new stuff was going on.  Have really enjoyed working on this new project, where I got to do a lot more hands on stuff and be more involved with the operations plan for the mission.

• Russ likes this

#22 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I love my job.  I wouldn't change it for anything.

@Miller192

#23 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I've never had a job I liked. I come from a family where hard work is the strongest virtue, and hard work means working with your hands and getting dirty. It means taking on shit jobs in the hope someone will recognize your efforts and give you a raise or a promotion. College wasn't exactly discouraged, but you were on your own. I tried it for years and I hated it. Hated getting up at 4am to go work in the freezing cold for 10 hours for crap pay. Then I did sales and I'm not really a people person. Cold calling, walking up to people on the street and just having to be an obnoxious ass wasn't my idea of fun either. I saw a limited window of opportunity for me to change the course of the rest of my life. I said goodbye to all that shit.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Speaking of jobs, the new project that I've been splitting my time on over the past year or so launches tomorrow.  We've got two of the cubesats (tiny satellites, each about the size of a loaf of bread) aboard this Minotaur rocket.

http://www.orbital.c...inotaurI_ORS-3/

We're scheduled to launch at 7:30pm tomorrow night.  Will be visible for most of the East coast.  Go somewhere with clear line of sight and look towards Wallops Island, VA.  More details on where to look can be found on that site.  Should be pretty cool, will look like a really fast traveling plane.

I was getting kind of bored with my previous project, it was still a very interesting project but we had really settled into a routine so not much new stuff was going on.  Have really enjoyed working on this new project, where I got to do a lot more hands on stuff and be more involved with the operations plan for the mission.

Seems like everything went well, congratulations man. That has to be very exciting to be apart of such a big project like this. Hope everything went as well as you hoped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=