#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

This is one of those typical games the Ravens always seem to have on the road after a big win at home. Very annoying and frustrating to watch.

Yep...and it's a typical Joe Flacco, struggle on the road game.

The INTs look bad..they weren't all on him but he made several poor throws today.

They just were a terrible football team today..plain and simple.

At least Cinci lost...that's the best thing to happen today. We didn't lose any ground to them...although we should have gained ground on them.

#22 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Pretty inexcusable loss, IMO. 

These type of games really are a lot easier to get over when you're the defending champs, though.  I just can't reach the level of disgust and frustration that I usually feel after games like this.

• BobPhelan likes this

#23 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

As expected, Brad Jackson on TV saying how awful it was the Ravens abandoned the running game. Like I said...talking heads always want to take the easy way out and find someone/something to blame. Also brought up 5 interceptions for Flacco, as though they were all his fault. 

If that's where you're looking for hard hitting analysis then you deserve what you get. He's a clown.

• SportsGuy likes this

#24 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Pretty inexcusable loss, IMO. 

These type of games really are a lot easier to get over when you're the defending champs, though.  I just can't reach the level of disgust and frustration that I usually feel after games like this.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. The Ravens were 3 point favorites. Bottom line is this was a game that good teams lose every single year in the NFL. This is not a marquee game for the Ravens and it's the biggest game of the year for Buffalo outside the New England game on Opening Day.

That's not an excuse saying the Ravens should not come out fired up. I don't even think that they didn't come out with the intensity that they needed. This kind of stuff happens all the time.

The Ravens in the 2nd half had zero running game, a pathetic O-Line, and were running WR sets with Doss, Thompson, and Dallas Clark. They lost by 3.

They'll just be fine. But your line about being inexcusable just reeks of entitlement as though the Ravens should win every single game they play. Not saying this so much to you personally but just in general. The Ravens lose this game 3 or 4 out of every 10 times they play IMO.

@PeterDiLutis

#25 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

If that's where you're looking for hard hitting analysis then you deserve what you get. He's a clown.

I just watch CSN to see the post game interviews.

@PeterDiLutis

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Abandoning the running game in the 2nd half is the reason the game ended up being close. Please people, open up your eyes.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

If the Bills had been at full-strength, I could have seen losing today. With their issues with run defense, and their injuries in the Secondary... not a game the Ravens should lose. All of the picks are not on Joe, but hard to get past 5 picks being the difference.

Allowing 200 yards on the ground when you can't run at all didn't help either.

#28 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Abandoning the running game in the 2nd half is the reason the game ended up being close. Please people, open up your eyes.

I wonder what it would have been like if we snuck in a run from time to time to at least make them think about maybe sticking one in the box I'm not a Caldwell fan.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#29 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I wonder what it would have been like if we snuck in a run from time to time to at least make them think about maybe sticking one in the box I'm not a Caldwell fan.

They probably would have gotten stuffed for 1 or 2 yards and wasted a play and 40 seconds.

@PeterDiLutis

#30 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

If the Bills had been at full-strength, I could have seen losing today. With their issues with run defense, and their injuries in the Secondary... not a game the Ravens should lose. All of the picks are not on Joe, but hard to get past 5 picks being the difference.

Allowing 200 yards on the ground when you can't run at all didn't help either.

The Ravens aren't at full strength either. They have a very good QB. Other than that, I don't see where their advantage was today, other than the D-line which I agree with you and Rob that they should have played much better.

But in the 2nd half when the Ravens were trying to come back, they were playing with a 3 WR 1 TE set of Torrey, Ed Dickson, Tandon Doss, and Dallas Clark after Deonte Thompson was hurt. And Thomspon replaced Marlon Brown. Not to mention Lardarius being out which directly contributed to the long TD by Robert Woods.

@PeterDiLutis

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

The Ravens aren't at full strength either. They have a very good QB. Other than that, I don't see where their advantage was today, other than the D-line which I agree with you and Rob that they should have played much better.

But in the 2nd half when the Ravens were trying to come back, they were playing with a 3 WR 1 TE set of Torrey, Ed Dickson, Tandon Doss, and Dallas Clark after Deonte Thompson was hurt. And Thomspon replaced Marlon Brown. Not to mention Lardarius being out which directly contributed to the long TD by Robert Woods.

It's one game, the Ravens are 2-2... I won't get over worked about it.  You turned it over 5 times and still had a chance to win. However, I think Mackus is right... pretty inexcusable.

#32 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

What this loss should reminds us is that the Ravens are an average team at the moment.

They must find a way to run the football. 

I'm not that shocked that they lost but I did expect them to win with so many match-ups in their favor.

Let's also not forget that the D got run on all day long today. 203 on the ground today.

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think it's time to see Shipley.
  • McNulty likes this

#34 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think it's time to see Shipley.

Gotta shake up the line somehow.  I'm not sure what else they can do besides put Shipley in there.

@fuzydunlop

#35 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think the fact that Ryan Jensen hasn't been put on IR speaks volumes.

#36 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Pitta can't come back soon enough.

F U Dickson!

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#37 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

What this loss should reminds us is that the Ravens are an average team at the moment.

They must find a way to run the football. 

I'm not that shocked that they lost but I did expect them to win with so many match-ups in their favor.

Let's also not forget that the D got run on all day long today. 203 on the ground today.

Right...they're an average team with a very good QB. But, as Rob said earlier, not an elite QB...if he was, he'd make guys like Doss, Brown, etc better. 

@PeterDiLutis

#38 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Right...they're an average team with a very good QB. But, as Rob said earlier, not an elite QB...if he was, he'd make guys like Doss, Brown, etc better. 

I think this is BS. Flacco can't make those guys catch the damn ball. Doss is just not that good and Brown gut hurt. Bottom line is he has very little to work with and the lack of a run game hurts that much more!

#39 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

I think this is BS. Flacco can't make those guys catch the damn ball. Doss is just not that good and Brown gut hurt. Bottom line is he has very little to work with and the lack of a run game hurts that much more!

I love Joe Flacco. But name one WR that's come here that has gotten better or developed more than we thought he would/should? 

@PeterDiLutis

#40 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Our running game was like Roddy White's eyebrows. Non-existent.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=