#21 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, if that's true, what a dbag.

Hopefully something is getting lost or there's another side to the story.

Looks like it's true.

http://www.wboc.com/...g-out-young-fan

Glad to hear he got booed when news of this broke. Jackass.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#22 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Looks like it's true.

http://www.wboc.com/...g-out-young-fan

Glad to hear he got booed when news of this broke. Jackass.

I think I'm MORE baffled by the amount of people that want to doubt the story, coming up with hypothesis that the girl is making stuff up for attention. REALLY people?

I don't care HOW it played out, a couple things are true no matter what. A) He didn't want to give up the jersey at first, for whatever reason, which is unacceptable, and B) He never tried to give another account, which says he knew he was wrong. Hopefully it's just a really stupid move, and not a trend.
@JeremyMStrain

#23 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

http://www.lowereast...eman-jason.html

Assuming the story is factual, pretty poor form, IMO

So he couldn't get his girlfriend another jersey? Isn't she pretty embarassed to be dating this ****? Good thing the O's didn't give this guy more $$$ like he tried to hold out for. Hope that Vandy education comes in handy, if this baseball thing might not work out for him.
@levineps

#24 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

I hear Billy Rowell came up to him after the game and said, sarcastically, "Real mature."

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

I hear Billy Rowell came up to him after the game and said, sarcastically, "Real mature."

Yeah right, Billy Rowell gave him a high five and said "YEAH BRO."
@JeremyMStrain

#26 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Complete bust.

.209/.260/.277 (.537), 13 doubles, 2 triples, 5 HR, 51 RBI, 8 SB, 473 AB

#27 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Complete bust.

.209/.260/.277 (.537), 13 doubles, 2 triples, 5 HR, 51 RBI, 8 SB, 473 AB

I know he had a bad year, but isn't it a little early to be labeling a "complete bust?"
@levineps

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I know he had a bad year, but isn't it a little early to be labeling a "complete bust?"

No. There were going to be questions with his bat as progressed up the chain no matter what. That level of performance against the South Atlantic league as a College hitter drafted that high is pathetic.

#29 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

No. There were going to be questions with his bat as progressed up the chain no matter what. That level of performance against the South Atlantic league as a College hitter drafted that high is pathetic.

I know he had three years of college under his belt and it was a massive disappointment. I just wouldn't write him off yet.
@levineps

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I know he had three years of college under his belt and it was a massive disappointment. I just wouldn't write him off yet.

It would not surprise me to see him rebound next year and put up numbers. But it is going to be hard to promote him, and him starting back in the South Atlantic league is poor. Even if he puts up numbers there, it does not matter much; especially with him repeating. He will have to get significant ab's in the Carolina league and put up major numbers for me to give him another look.

#31 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Guaranteed this kid wouldn't have taken as much heat over this if he had put up a big year.

#32 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Guaranteed this kid wouldn't have taken as much heat over this if he had put up a big year.

Are you referring to jerseys-off-the-back incident?
@levineps

#33 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Are you referring to jerseys-off-the-back incident?

Yes.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Probably a legitimate point. I know for me though, while that story does not make Esposito look very good, it does not mean a whole lot to me. I'm just disappointed that a guy many in Spring '11 thought could sneak into the 1st round, could not hold his own offensively in the South Atlantic.

Let's see how hard he works over the Winter, and if he can turn some heads with some positive play next Spring.

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Doubtful... if you're a douche bag, you're still a douche bag even if you're #'s are good.

#36 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Doubtful... if you're a douche bag, you're still a douche bag even if you're #'s are good.

Yeah, but you are forgiven much easier.

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

I don't think so, maybe just the opposite. The better players are usually held to a higher standard.
@levineps

#38 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

No question the guy was an a-hole towards that girl. No excuse for that.

At the same time, I've had employees who were college age... and there were a few of them where I had to flat out tell them that their job description now included "learning how to not be an a-hole". Some of them actually got it. Some of them didn't, but some of them did. When guys are still this young, it's hard to tell who will and who won't.

I think getting lots of fame and money while young makes it harder to get it.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#39 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

No question the guy was an a-hole towards that girl. No excuse for that.

At the same time, I've had employees who were college age... and there were a few of them where I had to flat out tell them that their job description now included "learning how to not be an a-hole". Some of them actually got it. Some of them didn't, but some of them did. When guys are still this young, it's hard to tell who will and who won't.

I think getting lots of fame and money while young makes it harder to get it.

You forgot to give yourself that same memo.

Maybe the incident wouldn't have happened if his numbers were better. I'm sure hes just as disappointed in his numbers as the rest of us. It doesn't excuse it at all just throwing out that possibility.

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I disagree. People may have been more inclined to make excuses but poor behavior especially at eh expense of a kid, gets called out. It was an event for a charity, why did the dope think he could get the jersey back. He is young too but very poor behavior from Esposito.

The only thing that bothered me is the lip service the ShoreBirds seem to give the fans. What happens from this point forward is the Orioles decision. You sit his A## down for a few days and make him do autograph signings to make it up to people.. The Orioles would back that up
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=