120 replies to this topic

#21 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Why isn't it? Right now we are at 20 games, 16 count and 4 don't. With 18 games we'd be at 20 games 18 count and 2 don't. I've never understood the argument against it.

Poor explanation on my part. I mean 4 preseason games, especially say the first and last one are not really fan friendly. And season ticket holders are upset that they have to pay full price for these games. Obviously 18 games that counted would be fan friendly. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Not having Taylor around tonight, isn't helping the evaluation of the WR's.

Hanie is horrible.

• Mike in STL likes this

#23 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Poor explanation on my part. I mean 4 preseason games, especially say the first and last one are not really fan friendly. And season ticket holders are upset that they have to pay full price for these games. Obviously 18 games that counted would be fan friendly. 

Ahhh gotcha, yeah you confused me there. Don't season ticket holders have to pay full price for those already? We do for Redskins tickets. We pay our flat seat rates for 10 games.

I always thought the fans come out way ahead in an 18 game season because they don't have those 2 junk games like you said, and the players are having the risk of playing actually MEAN something instead of similar risk (they probably play half as much in those 2 games) for worthless games.

I dunno, I've been a pretty big fan of going 18/2, if they are going to play the same amount, I'd rather those extra 2 mean something.

@JeremyMStrain

#24 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

That was pretty awesome.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

DJ Bryant with a sack.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Nice throw and catch from Hanie to Mellette.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

With 2nd effort once again, Rainey scores.

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

He is elusive, and causes misses.

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Marlon Brown helping to seal the edge on the run.

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ahhh gotcha, yeah you confused me there. Don't season ticket holders have to pay full price for those already? We do for Redskins tickets. We pay our flat seat rates for 10 games.

I always thought the fans come out way ahead in an 18 game season because they don't have those 2 junk games like you said, and the players are having the risk of playing actually MEAN something instead of similar risk (they probably play half as much in those 2 games) for worthless games.

I dunno, I've been a pretty big fan of going 18/2, if they are going to play the same amount, I'd rather those extra 2 mean something.

Yeah. I guess they would rather pay for one junk game than two

@BSLMikeRandall

#31 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm not a STH, but I look at as a non-refundable deposit of two games for the privilege of season tickets. It's just what the market will demand. I know it's not "fair."

@levineps

#32 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

I'm not a STH, but I look at as a non-refundable deposit of two games for the privilege of season tickets. It's just what the market will demand. I know it's not "fair."

STHs also get first crack at playoff tickets. You could look at it as a non-refundable deposit for that privilege.

@BSLMikeRandall

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

STHs also get first crack at playoff tickets. You could look at it as a non-refundable deposit for that privilege.

Yeah, also all tickets cost the game right? So they're paying less than what could pay market-wise against Pittsburgh and likewise make a profit. It all evens out to some extent.

• Mike in STL likes this
@levineps

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Position battles that maybe up for grabs tonight...

1 RB spot - Bobby Rainey, Anthony Allen, Delone Carter

3 WR spots - Tandon Doss, Deonte Thompson (won't play), Aaron Mellette, Marlon Brown, Laquan Williams

1 TE spot - Matt Furstenburg, Billy Bajema

Top C spot - Gino Gradkowski, A.Q. Shipley

1 WLB spot - Nigel Carr, Brandon Copeland

1 FS spot - Omar Brown, Brynden Trawick

I mentioned on the podcast that Marc Anthony maybe cut, but upon further review, I could see him sticking around during Asa Jackson's 8 game suspension. Anthony Levine maybe a 3rd SS while Christian Thompson serves his 4 games.

Deangelo Tyson is on the bubble.

Does anyone else have this feeling that the Ravens will be hard headed and keep Tandon Doss?

Looks like the competition winners so far are Rainey, Carr, and Omar Brown. Laquan Williams has been awfully quiet, maybe the odd man out as Doss is having himself a game...finally...for what its worth. 

I could be wrong, but did it go A.Q. Shipley, then Reggie Stephens at C? No Gino? As Matt alluded to in his article, Gino may already be starting Center. 

Seen More Dallas Clark than the other two TEs. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Christian Thompson with a big hit.

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Followed by a T. Cody sighting.

#37 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

How in the hell is the Ravens broadcast team calling the game from the sidelines? Is this by choice? How can they tell, for example, who the ball carrier is if they are 70 yards away at field level with a bunch of linemen in the way?

@BSLMikeRandall

#38 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

9th inning of the O's game in a playoff chase must take precedence over the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. Dead silent on this board. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#39 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

You obviously aren't a STH, because that's what the PSL is.  Preseason is extortion, pure and simple.

@fuzydunlop

#40 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Bobby Rainey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users