#321 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Including tonight and not including his start on June 28, McFarland has entered the game with the score within three runs either way 17 times in 27 appearances. He has allowed runs in nine of those appearances. He gave up a tie or lead twice.

@DJ_McCann

#322 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

After 15 straight losing seasons, having 2 winning ones back to back isn't really the end of the world. Not saying it's over by any stretch, but damn, some of the negativity around here....

• Markus likes this
@beginthebegin71

#323 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

After 15 straight losing seasons, having 2 winning ones back to back isn't really the end of the world. Not saying it's over by any stretch, but damn, some of the negativity around here....

Seth- were not going to make the playoffs, stop holding on the thread of hope left. No team has ever comeback from our deficit. Is winning 82 games all that aspire to be?

@levineps

#324 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Seth- were not going to make the playoffs, stop holding on the thread of hope left. No team has ever comeback from our deficit. Is winning 82 games all that aspire to be?

I just hope the franchise can survive this remarkable losing streak of 2.

@beginthebegin71

#325 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

At this point we have to hope we can get another winning season. Even that is in doubt now.

It was a fun season for about 4.5 months.

They got me through the summer and close to Labor Day...and that's all I really ask of them.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#326 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

I think the season over, no reason to watch posts are a little embarrassing.

#327 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

At this point we have to hope we can get another winning season. Even that is in doubt now.

It was a fun season for about 4.5 months.

They got me through the summer and close to Labor Day...and that's all I really ask of them.

They're 9 games over 500, sure they could still finish under 500, but I think the odds are pretty good, they'll finish above it, not that that's our goal anymore.

@levineps

#328 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

They're 9 games over 500, sure they could still finish under 500, but I think the odds are pretty good, they'll finish above it, not that that's our goal anymore.

They failed to meet their goal this year of winning the division, or making the playoffs. It's not happening.

The way I see it, they've gone 20-22 since July 1. That's a .476 WP. That's a 17-19 record to finish, which would put us at 84 wins.

However, with the tough competition we're facing to finish the season, and with NY surging, I think a winning season is definitely in jeopardy.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#329 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

They failed to meet their goal this year of winning the division, or making the playoffs. It's not happening.

The way I see it, they've gone 20-22 since July 1. That's a .476 WP. That's a 17-19 record to finish, which would put us at 84 wins.

However, with the tough competition we're facing to finish the season, and with NY surging, I think a winning season is definitely in jeopardy.

Like I said it's possible, but I'd certainly bet against it. I hate using the term "quit," but I don't expect Buck to allow the O's to "check out" no matter what, they could've easily done that in 2010 or 2011.

@levineps

#330 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Like I said it's possible, but I'd certainly bet against it. I hate using the term "quit," but I don't expect Buck to allow the O's to "check out" no matter what, they could've easily done that in 2010 or 2011.

LOL. What do you think the team does every time Johnson takes the mound from here on out?

If ever there was a way to keep the players invested, it's top stop using the player who almost single-handedly destroyed this season.

I am sure they're not quitting, but it's human nature to get down. Especiall against superior competition and a brutal 36 game stretch to finish the season.

This is Baltimore. 30-3, 4-32...nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

#331 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

LOL. What do you think the team does every time Johnson takes the mound from here on out?

If ever there was a way to keep the players invested, it's top stop using the player who almost single-handedly destroyed this season.

I am sure they're not quitting, but it's human nature to get down. Especiall against superior competition and a brutal 36 game stretch to finish the season.

This is Baltimore. 30-3, 4-32...nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

I was waiting for this.

@levineps

#332 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I was waiting for this.

Since Buck arrived the team has played well in August and September. There is that to consider.

But the theme of the 2013 season is "all good things must end" so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

#333 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Since Buck arrived the team has played well in August and September. There is that to consider.

But the theme of the 2013 season is "all good things must end" so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Really, thats your theme for this season???

Listen, I've been saying for over a week now that it just doesn't feel like its in the cards this year. That said, your going overboard with this collapsing stuff. This isn't the O's from 5 years ago. Not even close.

#334 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I think the season over, no reason to watch posts are a little embarrassing.

A lot embarrassing.

@beginthebegin71

#335 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,565 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

This isn't the team from 5 years ago, and I don't think they'll completely collapse... but I do wonder if Buck's handling of the JJ situation has impacted this team's psyche from the standpoint of the bats trying to do too much to secure wins, and thus negatively impacting their AB's. I think it was BRob yesterday they showed an interview with, and he said something to the effect of, if we're going to contend and make the playoffs, we can't continue to blow games. There is 0% doubt that JJ remaining the closer has had a trickle down efffect on this club. I can't quantify it, but it's definitely there, for sure. But again, it is a bit over board, they're not going to completely collapse, it's not how they roll.

• Adam Wolff likes this

#336 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Really, thats your theme for this season???

Listen, I've been saying for over a week now that it just doesn't feel like its in the cards this year. That said, your going overboard with this collapsing stuff. This isn't the O's from 5 years ago. Not even close.

Yeah, thats my theme.

The one-run wins, ended.

The extra-inning wins, ended.

The Oriole Magic of anyone stepping up on any given night and winning a game for us, ended.

Jim Johnson as an elite closer, ended.

This team may not have a 4-32 in it but I could see them losing just enough to finish 79-83 or somewhere thereabouts.

#337 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, thats my theme.

The one-run wins, ended.

The extra-inning wins, ended.

The Oriole Magic of anyone stepping up on any given night and winning a game for us, ended.

Jim Johnson as an elite closer, ended.

This team may not have a 4-32 in it but I could see them losing just enough to finish 79-83 or somewhere thereabouts.

I missed this version of you :)

@DJ_McCann

#338 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

That version is gone. I'm older, wiser and the Orioles had a winning season to exorcise those demons.

the Ravens SB didn't hurt either.

But 2012 is over. The 2013 Orioles pretty much ended all that was magical about that team.

#339 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

That version is gone. I'm older, wiser and the Orioles had a winning season to exorcise those demons.

the Ravens SB didn't hurt either.

But 2012 is over. The 2013 Orioles pretty much ended all that was magical about that team.

You do know that there is a huge chasm between "Orioles magic isn't coming around this year" and 4-32, 30-3 epic failure.

@DJ_McCann

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=