#2301 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 04 May 2024 - 08:48 AM

Arsenal with their expected 3 points over Bournemouth. Sit in first with 83 points. 4 points ahead of Man C but City has 2 games in hand so its still really really close. Liverpool has one game in hand but sits back in third with 75 points. For practical purposes the Reds are out of the picture. 

Man C hosts the Wolves in a bit and Liverpool hosts the Spurs tomorrow. Both need Ws but at this point Liverpool stays top 4 with just about any results. They aren't mathematically out of the race so that could be an interesting match.

#2302 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 04 May 2024 - 05:45 PM

Man C keeps pace by pasting the Wolves 5-1. Wolves got a late meaningless goal. One man show today....Haaland scored the first 4 goals of the match. Was just a beast today.

#2303 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 May 2024 - 08:37 AM

Man C has just about done won the title...again...defeating Fulham 4-0. After 36 matches they sit at 85 points while Arsenal is at 83.

Arsenal has away at Man U then home at Everton. Arsenal just about has to beat Man U tomorrow and they are fighting to keep a Europa bid alive. Not to mention their coach's job. This will be a fun one to watch tomorrow morning.

Man C has away at Spurs and home with West Ham.

The Spurs have lost 4 straight EPL matches for the first time in over 20 years. West Ham has gone 1-1-3 in their last 5. Don't see either of these team taking a point from City. But lets say the Spurs pull off an upset and win. Then City goes on to beat the Hammers. City ends up with 88 points. Arsenal would need to win both of its matches to end up with 89. If City draws the Spurs and beats the Hammers they end up at 89 points. Again Arsenal would need to win both matches and then they'd likely still win the title on goal differential although City has closed the gap to 2 goals now.

#2304 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 May 2024 - 08:43 AM

At the other end of the table Luton town has a must win match coming up in a few minutes. They are 3 points behind Forest with 2 matches to go but Forest is way ahead on goal differential so at a minimum Luton Town needs 4 points there last 2 matches and hope Forest drop both. So want Luton to stay up but don't think its gonna happen.

#2305 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,797 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:28 AM

Sheffield surrendered their 101st goal of the season today, a new EPL record.

#2306 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:32 AM

Poor Sheffies. They really are just terrible.

#2307 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 May 2024 - 10:40 AM

Well Luton Town got off to an early 1-0 lead but have since given up 3. 3-1 with 15 minutes to do. Sorry LT fans but down you go.

#2308 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 14 May 2024 - 03:57 PM

Oh when the scum, go second place, oh when the scum go second place, I want to be in that number, OH ARE YOU WATCHING ARSENAL

@fuzydunlop

#2309 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 07:18 PM

Oh when the scum, go second place, oh when the scum go second place, I want to be in that number, OH ARE YOU WATCHING ARSENAL

Spurs fan? If so, help me understand why many of your brethren (or so I read) would root for their team to get knocked out of a UCL spot to spite their rival? Would be understandable if they were firmly mid-table, but they still had something to play for.

#2310 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 May 2024 - 07:33 PM

Spurs fan? If so, help me understand why many of your brethren (or so I read) would root for their team to get knocked out of a UCL spot to spite their rival? Would be understandable if they were firmly mid-table, but they still had something to play for.

Get him!!!!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2311 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 14 May 2024 - 08:19 PM

Because we wouldve needed to win twice (including today) AND have Villa lose at CP. it’s extremely unlikely and we are Spurs. They will break your heart. So it’s redirected heartbreak at the scum. We weren’t getting fourth.

I hate their fans more than Steelers, dook, Yankees, you name it.

@fuzydunlop

#2312 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 08:44 PM

Because we wouldve needed to win twice (including today) AND have Villa lose at CP. it’s extremely unlikely and we are Spurs. They will break your heart. So it’s redirected heartbreak at the scum. We weren’t getting fourth.

I hate their fans more than Steelers, dook, Yankees, you name it.

I don't know man. The Spurs have played well at home against City in recent years, and they have a layup against Sheffield next, while CP has been playing well. I would not have surrendered the UCL spot, but you do you.

I do respect they were kicking Arsenal fans who showed up today out of the stadium. Sure is a breath of fresh air from the Angleos' saying Red Sox fans are the "best in baseball" and welcoming them to Fenway South.

#2313 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 14 May 2024 - 09:35 PM

Spurs had just lost 4 in a row and barely beat Burnley at home over the weekend. They weren’t winning twice.

A draw would’ve been the nightmare. Not enough to get ahead of Villa on GD and it gave the league to the rival. Sonny missing that shot was pure class and a damn fine captain move.

@fuzydunlop

#2314 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 14 May 2024 - 09:39 PM

We lost to Sheffield in the FA cup a year ago. No layups exist at this club.

@fuzydunlop

#2315 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 07:05 AM

Spurs gonna spur.

#2316 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 May 2024 - 08:54 AM

You have to understand something about our friend McNulty.

He's not what you'd call a "non-weird" person!

• McNulty likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2317 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 19 May 2024 - 09:12 AM

Arsenal host Everton on USA

Man C host West Ham on NBC.

EPL Title:

Pretty simple for the last day.

Man C wins they lift the trophy.

Man C draws and Arsenal draw or lose and they lift the trophy.

Arsenal wins and Man C draws or loses and they lift the trophy.

UCL Qualification:

Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Aston Villa are in. Today's results don't matter.

Europa Qualficaiton:

Tottenham is in with a win or draw or a Chelsea draw or loss.

Chelsea is in with a win and a Tottenham loss.

Relegation:

Luton Town, Burnley, and Sheffield United are dropped regardless of today's results.

#2318 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 May 2024 - 08:53 AM

So Man C has won 4 straight EPL titles. Saturday they play Man U for the FA Cup. I suspect Man C will be pissed that they don't have a shot at the treble again this year and take it out on poor Man U. I'll be wearing my Red Devils jersey but not real hopeful....lol

#2319 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 24 May 2024 - 04:12 AM

So Man C has won 4 straight EPL titles. Saturday they play Man U for the FA Cup. I suspect Man C will be pissed that they don't have a shot at the treble again this year and take it out on poor Man U. I'll be wearing my Red Devils jersey but not real hopeful....lol

Would be such a strange ending to a terrible season for Man U to upset City. I hope it happens
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@DaKittenz

#2320 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2024 - 05:25 PM

If Man U pulls off the upset, they’ll clinch a spot in next season’s Europa League, which….meh, if competing in UEFA’s version of the NIT is worth the squeeze, then ok. If they lose, they end up in Conference League, which is European soccer’s answer to the CBI. At that point, if I’m the players and especially ten Hag, I say no thanks, I’d rather have the rest and extra training opportunities, not to mention reducing injury risk, that might help us earn our way back into the UCL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=