#621 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:02 PM

The analysis of rings boils down to discussion about the GOAT lists and how you rank them.

Rings matter in that discussion, especially amongst QBs and top NBA players.

However, the problem with what you are saying is that you are implying you need to rest to win a title. That’s bs. 10 times MJ played 80 or more games.

The best ability is availability and if you don’t make yourself available for 20-25% of the season because you are a baby who needs some rest, that’s pathetic...especially at the money they are making and the prices tickets cost.

Now, if you want to take pay cuts or take these guys out of the discussions as GOaTs, be my guest. Kwahi is a guy who doesn’t care about that and that’s fine. But stop with the MJ comparisons and while I think he is the best player in the world, he’s not the guy I’m taking to start a team if he feels he needs to sit out for that many games.

There is no justification for this. Load management 7 games into the season? Wtf?

I certainly did not imply that you need to rest to win a title. I do think it can help depending on the player, though. Everyone is different and is dealing with different issues. What makes sense for one doesn't for another.

MJ is also an interesting example to bring up for two reasons. First, load management wasn't a thing then so players and teams weren't at a disadvantage when they played stars every game for 40ish minutes. Second, MJ did benefit greatly from rest, you know a whole season and another two- thirds of a season off after he was exhausted from the 3-peat.

Anyway, of course one should factor in how much someone plays in a conversation of best player or especially most valuable.

#622 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

Kawhi on his bitch fest tour the past couple days all woe is me about the reax to his resting. What a little bitch. Can't stand out of touch primo donnas like him.

#623 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

The Ringer: In His Clippers Debut, Paul George Showed Why He’s the Perfect Kawhi Complement

#624 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

It's not looking good for the Clippers winning 73+ games.

In a related note to Kawhi, the Raptors are 8-3 after going 18-2 without him last year. Interesting in relation to the best player conversation.
  • JordanKough likes this

#625 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

It's not looking good for the Clippers winning 73+ games.

In a related note to Kawhi, the Raptors are 8-3 after going 18-2 without him last year. Interesting in relation to the best player conversation.

It's interesting to note health, too. Kwahi has missed games now that don't include the back to backs. George missed time and he and Kwahi haven't played together. Shamet has now missed 4 straight since being out in the Toronto game, too.

By MPG, everyone that played 19.5+ min (to include Livingston) played 65+ games and only Barnes and Iggie played fewer than 70. Given the Warriors injury luck of late, it's hard not to factor how lucky their health was then and how unlucky it is recently as a help, too. 

That being said, I don't think LA is going to make anywhere near a historic run and it won't be close...but we still haven't seen this team together yet this year, either. I think it would have been intriguing (or could be next year) to see a fully healthy LA Clippers team and what they might be able to do together. 

#626 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

Oh yeah, they definitely have a lot of talent and great upside when healthy.

#627 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:50 PM

The Ringer: Can Montrezl Harrell Solve the Clippers’ “Big” Problem?

#628 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

The RingerThere’s Nothing Wrong With the Clippers 

#629 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

CBS Sports: Canceled NBA season would increase pressure on Clippers as Kawhi Leonard, Paul George close in on free agency
https://www.cbssport...on-free-agency/

#630 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:32 AM

The Ringer: Can Paul George Reward Kawhi and the Clippers’ Faith?

#631 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

The Ringer: Patrick Beverley’s Exit Leaves the Shorthanded Clippers Even Shorter

#632 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:10 AM

The Ringer: Reintroducing the Contenders: Los Angeles Clippers

#633 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 06:40 AM

ESPN: NBA playoffs: It took 13 months, but the Clippers finally got their first real test

https://www.espn.com...first-real-test

The Ringer: Paul George Awakens As Clippers Drop 154 on Mavs

#634 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 August 2020 - 10:34 AM

Apparently Paul George got some mental health clarity between games. It's definitely helped other individuals that have had varying episodes of "the yips."

It seems to have helped. Good for him. He was getting destroyed on social media. 

#635 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 10:38 AM

Apparently Paul George got some mental health clarity between games. It's definitely helped other individuals that have had varying episodes of "the yips."

It seems to have helped. Good for him. He was getting destroyed on social media. 

He's a phenomenal talent.  If he brings his A game consistently, the Clippers win the title imo. 

If he's playing like he was before last night...  they become very vulnerable to the Lakers or the East winner.

• Mike B likes this

#636 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

He's a phenomenal talent.  If he brings his A game consistently, the Clippers win the title imo. 

If he's playing like he was before last night...  they become very vulnerable to the Lakers or the East winner.

I think George and the Clippers got the wake up call last night.  IMO they are the best team, but this year is strange.  They can not show up half the time or they will be shown the door.

@mikeghg

#637 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

The interesting thing to me is how most teams are still limiting their starters to around 30 minutes a game.  I realize they had to re-start and teams protected their starters and stars during the 8 game schedule, but it is go time and time for the stars to approach 38-40 minutes a game.

@mikeghg

#638 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:55 AM

The Ringer: The Clippers Keep Disappearing When It Matters Most

#639 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators