• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'd add Curry to that list. No way would the Wiz trade Wall for Curry. GS would have to think about it IMO. 

I think GS would laugh hard.

#22 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

I think GS would laugh hard.

I don't think so. Wall is on his way to becoming a legit superstar PG. If he develops his shot more (which many players have as they progress in their career), he'll be a top 10 player in the league.

Curry had a magical playoff run, but he can be shut down and if his shot is off he isn't anything special. He's not going to shoot like that every game. Not trying to downplay how good he is. He's a stud, but since when has a player most known for his shooting been a legit superstar? 

@PeterDiLutis

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

He got the deal.

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

I don't think so. Wall is on his way to becoming a legit superstar PG. If he develops his shot more (which many players have as they progress in their career), he'll be a top 10 player in the league.

Curry had a magical playoff run, but he can be shut down and if his shot is off he isn't anything special. He's not going to shoot like that every game. Not trying to downplay how good he is. He's a stud, but since when has a player most known for his shooting been a legit superstar? 

IDK, I see Wall as a guy with great physical quickness and slightly better size vs. Curry.

With Curry I see a guy with the same quickness, and the great shooting ability.

I don't know that I see either as a facilitator...    Wall 7.6 assists / 3.2 turnovers... Curry 6.9 assists / 3.1 turnovers...

Wall is younger, so he has that advantage as well.

Curry 46.5% from the floor for his career (15 attempts per), 44.6% from 3 (7.7 attempts per), 90.1% from the FT line...

Wall 42.3% from the floor (14.1 attempts per), 24.3% from 3 (1.1 attempts per), 78.5% from the FT line...

Curry has the ability to get to the line, shoot intermediate, hit from outside...  I think he is always going to score. I do think he is basically a 2G in a PG body though.

I like Wall a lot as a transition PG, but his inability to shoot is a liability for the Wizards, and he's not a great 1/2 court PG.

Outside of the age advantage, don't really see anything really in his advantage.

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

IDK, I see Wall as a guy with great physical quickness and slightly better size vs. Curry.

With Curry I see a guy with the same quickness, and the great shooting ability.

I don't know that I see either as a facilitator...    Wall 7.6 assists / 3.2 turnovers... Curry 6.9 assists / 3.1 turnovers...

Wall is younger, so he has that advantage as well.

Curry 46.5% from the floor for his career (15 attempts per), 44.6% from 3 (7.7 attempts per), 90.1% from the FT line...
Wall 42.3% from the floor (14.1 attempts per), 24.3% from 3 (1.1 attempts per), 78.5% from the FT line...

Curry has the ability to get to the line, shoot intermediate, hit from outside...  I think he is always going to score. I do think he is basically a 2G in a PG body though.
I like Wall a lot as a transition PG, but his inability to shoot is a liability for the Wizards, and he's not a great 1/2 court PG.

Outside of the age advantage, don't really see anything really in his advantage.

Wall is the better athlete.

#26 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Wall is the better athlete.

And the better pure passer and facilitator. Watch him with a better team...

@PeterDiLutis

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Curry is more of a 2 guard playing point.

#28 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Curry is more of a 2 guard playing point.

Yeah, absolutely. He looks for his shot way before he looks to set up his teammates. Not saying that's a bad thing. He's the best scorer on the team by far and should play that way. He's not an ideal PG.

I will give him credit for being a great pull-up shooter as opposed to a guy like Mike Miller who has to stand there and have it fed to him. 

@PeterDiLutis

#29 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, absolutely. He looks for his shot way before he looks to set up his teammates. Not saying that's a bad thing. He's the best scorer on the team by far and should play that way. He's not an ideal PG.

I will give him credit for being a great pull-up shooter as opposed to a guy like Mike Miller who has to stand there and have it fed to him. 

Yea...but he is more of a facilitator than a normal 2 guard would be.

Right now, he is better than Wall...Wall has more upside as an all around talent due to his athleticism.

Paying Wall a lot more is based on him being the #1 pick, the Wizards being awful and believing he can continue to get better....you can't base it off of who he is now.

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'd take one of the very best shooters in the game who can get his own shot over Wall, who I don't have any faith in becoming a decent outside shooter. Yes, Wall is the pure point out of the two, but his skill set is more common than Curry's.

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Either way, that this debate can be had helps show what a bad move this is imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=