russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:13 PM

Terrible opinion, Purple Rain is magic.

Unwatchable.

Good soundtrack except for the title song which sounds like a funeral dirge.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1602 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:41 PM

Clarence had a reoccurring role as Philby in Mystery Woman, a Hallmark mystery series. Who had worked for Secret Agency in a previous career. 

Colon cancer is an ugly way to go. Any cancer is ugly, but colon cancer is bad.

#1603 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 June 2021 - 11:08 AM

Former NY Giants head coach Jim Fassel, 71. He led them against the Ravens in Super Bowl XXXV, and later became the Ravens’ OC.

#1604 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:23 PM

Former NY Giants head coach Jim Fassel, 71. He led them against the Ravens in Super Bowl XXXV, and later became the Ravens’ OC.

Fassel was a good coach but I will never forget the shocked look he had on his face during the post  Super Bowl game interview after the Ravens demolished his Giants.  He seemed stunned about how our defense totally dominated his offense.

RIP Jim.

@mikeghg

#1605 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:37 PM

Fassel was a good coach but I will never forget the shocked look he had on his face during the post  Super Bowl game interview after the Ravens demolished his Giants.  He seemed stunned about how our defense totally dominated his offense.

RIP Jim.

His eventual reward for that season would be to have to try and turn Kyle Boller into a competent QB. I imagine he subsequently had that shocked look a lot.

#1606 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:54 PM

Makes me feel old when coaches from that game that I remember so fondly are getting up there to that age. I’m sure some may even be older.

Was talking with a friend of mine about how I feel like things before my lifetime feel like ancient history. But things we’ve seen don’t seem that long ago. Like I’ve said before I missed the 83’ World Series by a year, so when I was a young adult in 02’, 03’, that seemed like ancient history. Seemed like 100 years ago. Well, there are young adults now that weren’t there to see the 2000 Ravens so that must feel like ancient history to them, but to me, it wasn’t that long ago.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1607 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:27 PM

Makes me feel old when coaches from that game that I remember so fondly are getting up there to that age. I’m sure some may even be older.

Was talking with a friend of mine about how I feel like things before my lifetime feel like ancient history. But things we’ve seen don’t seem that long ago. Like I’ve said before I missed the 83’ World Series by a year, so when I was a young adult in 02’, 03’, that seemed like ancient history. Seemed like 100 years ago. Well, there are young adults now that weren’t there to see the 2000 Ravens so that must feel like ancient history to them, but to me, it wasn’t that long ago.

Was there in person for Game 1 of the '83 WS, so don't even go there.

Fassel was 71, which relatively speaking is not all that old to have your life end. Sounds like it was a heart attack.

• Mike in STL likes this

#1608 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:23 AM

Ned Beatty

#1609 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:38 AM

Ned Beatty, 83... cause of death not announced...

On Homicide, he fell in love... (among other things...) 

In Network he did the best ever job of selling the "big business is our savior", um, er... fib...

• Mark Carver and russsnyder like this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#1610 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 11:24 AM

Good actor, sad to see go.

#1611 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:05 PM

Jim Phelan, who spent 49 years as the head men’s basketball coach at Mount St. Mary’s and is one of the all-time winningest coaches in NCAA history, has died, the school announced Wednesday. He was 92.

#1612 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:12 PM

Remember him from many years of Mason-Dixon summer basketball camp at Mt. St. Mary's.  At the time I think he was the winningest active coach.

#1613 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM

Herb Tarlek

#1614 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:37 AM

Jim Phelan, who spent 49 years as the head men’s basketball coach at Mount St. Mary’s and is one of the all-time winningest coaches in NCAA history, has died, the school announced Wednesday. He was 92.

RIP to the Bow Tie guy.  He was a classy guy.

@mikeghg

#1615 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:43 AM

Herb Tarlek

A key figure in one of the funniest sitcoms ever.  RIP, Frank Bonner.

@mikeghg

#1616 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:31 PM

John McAfee, 75, of anti-virus software fame, in a Spanish prison awaiting extradition to the US on charges of criminal tax evasion. No official word yet on cause of death, but sounds like suicide would be most likely.

https://www.cnn.com/...eath/index.html

#1617 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 02:12 PM

Dusty Hill, bassist for ZZ Top, 72.

#1618 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:22 PM

Jordy Jordison. Drummer for Slipnot 46.

#1619 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:30 PM

Dusty Hill, bassist for ZZ Top, 72.

Damn. That ends their run as the longest running band with the original members still intact. Over 50 years.

I remember my dad talking about a ZZ Top concert he went to in the 80s. Seemed like it would have been a lot of fun.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1620 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

A coworker saw an ad years ago with a poster on our board at work for tickets available.

He was like, what the hell is 22 Top, never heard of them, are they new? :) :) :)

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=