#422 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

COULD. But won't. If they weren't making a run right now, they were going to move him at the deadline. Hear the plan is to deal him at the winter meetings. STL is a fit, where a package of like Wacha and Tavares would get it done. TEX was a possibility, hanging on to Profar and Perez, but now after renting Garza, I imagine they are less likely to make a deal in the offseason.

Without Price, I still think they have the best staff in the division and they will add someone with offseason moves.

#423 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Aside from Loney, who I can't see sustaining his success, no one is really doing better or worse than expected.

Scott and Johnson have both been better than expected. I mean they've flashed this type of performance before, but still have easily beaten the reasonable projections for them.

#424 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

This is true, but still, Rob stuck with them all year and called this either way... so did Stoner. I really didn't see it coming. I saw them as the clear 3rd best team in the division, and was pretty adamant about it. Crow doesn't taste so good. ;)

I thought any of the teams had a decent shot to contend. Had the Rays right with the O's, but behind the Jays. My bad.

#425 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

I thought any of the teams had a decent shot to contend. Had the Rays right with the O's, but behind the Jays. My bad.

SHocking.

#426 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Your bad, and a ton of other people's. I was skeptical a bit, but still thought they'd be in the mix, at a minimum. This has been shocking.

#427 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

SHocking.

Where's fishteacher with the "Eat a bag of dicks" pic when you need him?

#428 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Your bad, and a ton of other people's. I was skeptical a bit, but still thought they'd be in the mix, at a minimum. This has been shocking.

I mean, it's not totally shocking to me. I didn't pick them with much confidence and certainly saw the potential downside. Plus like I said, I thought all the teams could contend if some things broke right for them.

#429 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I mean, it's not totally shocking to me. I didn't pick them with much confidence and certainly saw the potential downside. Plus like I said, I thought all the teams could contend if some things broke right for them.

Ah, there is the mweb hedge.

#430 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. Even with the injuries, 13.5 GB on 7/23 is still shocking to me. It really is. I thought the down side, which I saw and believed in, was much closer to like 3rd place/floating around .500. (Which they still may).

#431 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, they may still have another run in them.

#432 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I had TB/O's at the top with Red Sox in the mix with them, Yanks 4th and BJ 5th. I was close I guess.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=