197 replies to this topic

#161 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

I will wait to see it when it comes out on Blu Ray.  I want to see it but am not expecting a ton.

This is what I'm doing, too.

#162 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,653 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

Yep, total Redbox movie for me. If the reviews were great I would try to get out there but clearly that's not the case.

#163 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

30% on RT.

I know these movies are critic proof but I already have a good idea what to expect off of that.

It's probably time to move on from Zack Snyder as the foster parent of this expanded DC universe.

Honestly I'm surprised it's that high.  This is the worst superhero movie I've ever watched.  The last movie I hated this much was the second Transformers.

• The Epic likes this

#164 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,702 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

Wow. I'll be passing. People hate this movie.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#165 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,653 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

30% on RT.

I know these movies are critic proof but I already have a good idea what to expect off of that.

It's probably time to move on from Zack Snyder as the foster parent of this expanded DC universe.

Honestly I'm surprised it's that high.  This is the worst superhero movie I've ever watched.  The last movie I hated this much was the second Transformers.

Revenge of the Fallen is the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters so that's saying something.

#166 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

I saw about an hour ago and absolutely loved it! I liked the fact it was dark and that it wasn't anything like the Marvel movies! The actors did a great job and the special effects were off the freaking charts! I cannot wait for Justice League! I'll def see this again!

#167 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

Are the people that liked it really big DC comic fans? One of my my friends is a pretty big comics, sci-fi nerd. Absolutely hates the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy. He said the first two sucked, didn't bother watching the third one.

Why? Because he loves Marvel, and "DC blows man".

I don't take his advice when it comes to movies.
@BSLMikeRandall

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

Have to know your own tastes Mike. For me this was better than any Marvel movie... but to each their own.

#169 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

There are a lot of nods to the comic fans in this movie and the Director is not afraid to admit it! That being said, I think DC is just taking a different tact than Marvel to carve out their own niche! The funny thing is that in the comics DC is much less dark where as Marvel has always, for the most part, had the darker side, including having no problem with their heroes killing. DC has defiantly been against their heroes killing, again for the most part, in the comics. The fact that at both have flip flopped their philosophy for the movies is refreshing!

#170 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,702 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

Hasn't Superman died, like, 12 times?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#171 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

Have to know your own tastes Mike. For me this was better than any Marvel movie... but to each their own.

I don't doubt it. I just didn't know if big comic fans are biased toward DC or Marvel. Or if it's just my friend.
@BSLMikeRandall

#172 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

I don't doubt it. I just didn't know if big comic fans are biased toward DC or Marvel. Or if it's just my friend.

I love the Nolan Trilogy, Batman TAS, Batman in general really, in addition to the Marvel stuff.  Fanboyism doesn't factor into my opinion of a movie, with the possible exception of The Force Awakens.  This movie's nonsensical script (which jumps about from scene to scene with no transition), the random dream sequences, the lack of the development of the motivation for any character, Jesse Eisenburg's horrifically bad portrayal of a character they tried to add the psychopathy of the Joker to for no reason whatsoever, the cheap looking CGI villain at the end, and the heavy handed set ups for their next desired movies are just part of what makes this crap so offensively bad.  It could have been so much more, it wanted to be so much more.  Exploring the idea of whether or not beating up bad guys in a suit is the appropriate way to handle things, trying to explore the impact of the collateral damage superhero battles would inflict, they're good concepts.  There's no reason they couldn't make a good story out of the Batman v Superman concept, it's a classic comic book story.  The fact of the matter is they didn't, it's soulless trash that meanders about from crappy action sequence to crappy action sequence and never imparts emotional impact.

I don't know what they showed you guys that actually liked this dumpster fire, but it must not have been what they showed me.  Outside of the brief Batman fighting the bad guys sequence at the end, which was admittedly very well done although they showed most of it in the trailer, I'd rather be stabbed than sit through that movie again.

• You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and Mike in STL like this

#173 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

I love the Nolan Trilogy, Batman TAS, Batman in general really, in addition to the Marvel stuff.  Fanboyism doesn't factor into my opinion of a movie, with the possible exception of The Force Awakens.  This movie's nonsensical script (which jumps about from scene to scene with no transition), the random dream sequences, the lack of the development of the motivation for any character, Jesse Eisenburg's horrifically bad portrayal of a character they tried to add the psychopathy of the Joker to for no reason whatsoever, the cheap looking CGI villain at the end, and the heavy handed set ups for their next desired movies are just part of what makes this crap so offensively bad.  It could have been so much more, it wanted to be so much more.  Exploring the idea of whether or not beating up bad guys in a suit is the appropriate way to handle things, trying to explore the impact of the collateral damage superhero battles would inflict, they're good concepts.  There's no reason they couldn't make a good story out of the Batman v Superman concept, it's a classic comic book story.  The fact of the matter is they didn't, it's soulless trash that meanders about from crappy action sequence to crappy action sequence and never imparts emotional impact.

I don't know what they showed you guys that actually liked this dumpster fire, but it must not have been what they showed me.  Outside of the brief Batman fighting the bad guys sequence at the end, which was admittedly very well done although they showed most of it in the trailer, I'd rather be stabbed than sit through that movie again.

I don't want to out words in your mouth. Are you saying you didn't like it? :P
@BSLMikeRandall

#174 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,561 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

That's a mighty fine post there Dupin.

#175 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

I don't want to out words in your mouth. Are you saying you didn't like it? :P

I've not liked movies before.  This one made me angry.

I feel bad for Ben Afleck.  He was the best part of the movie, and they actually tried to touch on some of the detective work that is a large part of the Batman character, although in the shallow nonsensical way that this movie touches upon anything.  He could be a good Batman if someone locks Zack Snyder away for his crimes against humanity.

• You Play to Win the Game, fishteacher and Mike in STL like this

#176 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,561 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:07 PM

On fire tonight.

I think the mistake you made was having any kind of hopes for this project at all. I just didn't see it from the start.

#177 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:08 PM

Jesus overreact much? It's a movie dude!

#178 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

Jesus overreact much? It's a movie dude!

Well, I mean, so's The Godfather :P

• Mark Carver likes this
@DJ_McCann

#179 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,909 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

What part of Kryptonite was the hard part to grasp.  Bruce leveled the playing field.  It is like a guy who has great standup in the cage.  The wrestler takes him down and destroys that advantage.  Washington could not go heads up with the British so they guerrilla tactics.  Sam Houston could not fight Santa Anna near San Antonio so he retreated and retreated until he had high ground and wiped Santa Anna out in a massacre.  Fighting is not just about strength.  In fact it is less about strength than about strategy.  The examples are endless of where the weaker opponent destroyed the stronger.

Ha!  I love that we're comparing superheroes and comic book material to real historical happenings...so awesome!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#180 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

It's a shame they keep allowing Zack Snyder to direct movies, instead of just being the visuals guy.

• BobPhelan likes this
@DaKittenz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=