#2 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

I have heard people, analyst etc talk about Curry and Thompson being the best shooting tandem in the league and ever.  So I ask who do you think the best shooting teams were/are? 

Instantly what pops into my head are Smith/Maxwell.  I don't know if its because when I grew up and seeing the guys play but I think they would be better then Curry/Thompson..  You may laugh but another team from GoldenState could give them a run Mullin/Hardaway/Sprewell.  Most teams have one guy the really on for threes like Dumars or Allen its tough to come up with a good duo at-least for me. 

• SBTarheel likes this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#3 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have heard people, analyst etc talk about Curry and Thompson being the best shooting tandem in the league and ever.  So I ask who do you think the best shooting teams were/are? 

Instantly what pops into my head are Smith/Maxwell.  I don't know if its because when I grew up and seeing the guys play but I think they would be better then Curry/Thompson..  You may laugh but another team from GoldenState could give them a run Mullin/Hardaway/Sprewell.  Most teams have one guy the really on for threes like Dumars or Allen its tough to come up with a good duo at-least for me. 

Smith and Maxwell were the first names that popped into my head as well. Though admittedly, Kenny Smith is never far from my mind, I love that dude!!

Hardaway/Richmond wasn't bad for those Golden State teams. Mark Price/Craig Ehlo/Steve Kerr played together in Cleveland for a few years as well.

• Cisc-O's likes this
@beginthebegin71

#4 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Richmond was wasted on the Kings roster for so long I forgot about him!  The Allen/Lewis in Seatle was not bad you know there year Ray Allen Took 653 attempts at three points!  WTH man calm down Allen.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#5 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Richmond was wasted on the Kings roster for so long I forgot about him!  The Allen/Lewis in Seatle was not bad you know there year Ray Allen Took 653 attempts at three points!  WTH man calm down Allen.

You should have seen him on the Wizards then...What an epic disaster. We traded Webber for him at the end of Mitch's career. Just awful.

@beginthebegin71

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I saw Mark Jackson talking about that. Reggie Miller and he were a pretty lethal duo the years he played in Indiana.

#7 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I saw Mark Jackson talking about that. Reggie Miller and he were a pretty lethal duo the years he played in Indiana.

Mark Jackson's foul shot was the coolest one ever.

@beginthebegin71

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ray Allen and Michael Redd in Milwaukee were even better, IMO. Can't leave Stockton and Hornacek all those years in Utah off the list.

#9 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Ray Allen and Michael Redd in Milwaukee were even better, IMO. Can't leave Stockton and Hornacek all those years in Utah off the list.

Didn't Allen and Redd have some issues with each other, or I am not remembering correctly? I know Allen got moved to Seattle when Redd really became a star, and I thought there were some issues. I don't remember the specifics.

@beginthebegin71

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Didn't Allen and Redd have some issues with each other, or I am not remembering correctly? I know Allen got moved to Seattle when Redd really became a star, and I thought there were some issues. I don't remember the specifics.

Don't know. I always assumed it was just because the two had a similar skill-set, and Redd was kept because he was younger. I do recall about the time he went to Seattle that Allen had some sort of kerfuffle with Kobe (words, nothing physical).

#11 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Don't know. I always assumed it was just because the two had a similar skill-set, and Redd was kept because he was younger. I do recall about the time he went to Seattle that Allen had some sort of kerfuffle with Kobe (words, nothing physical).

I'm going to have to look this up, i just think i remember Allen speaking out after he got moved. Maybe he felt like he was disrespected since Redd was younger..who knows.

I do remember his "thing" with Kobe for sure.

@beginthebegin71

#12 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm going to have to look this up, i just think i remember Allen speaking out after he got moved. Maybe he felt like he was disrespected since Redd was younger..who knows.

I do remember his "thing" with Kobe for sure.

It might have been a playing-time thing. When Redd started getting more and more minutes, it probably came at Allen's expense.

#13 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

It might have been a playing-time thing. When Redd started getting more and more minutes, it probably came at Allen's expense.

Probably, and Ray probably felt like the Bucks "chose" Redd over him. It worked out well for him, so i guess he won in the long run.

@beginthebegin71

#14 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Probably, and Ray probably felt like the Bucks "chose" Redd over him. It worked out well for him, so i guess he won in the long run.

Ha...so I was looking it up and I found a blurb about the war of words between Allen and Kobe. It was in 2004 right after Shaq was traded, and Allen said "in about a year or two [Kobe] will be calling out to Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me." How prophetic.  :lol:

#15 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

Ha...so I was looking it up and I found a blurb about the war of words between Allen and Kobe. It was in 2004 right after Shaq was traded, and Allen said "in about a year or two [Kobe] will be calling out to Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me." How prophetic.  :lol:

Oh, that's awesome.

@beginthebegin71

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

ESPN: Source: Warriors worth $800 million

http://espn.go.com/n...ion-source-says

450 million (paid for) to 800 million (value) in a few years, wow!

@levineps

#17 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

The Harrison Barnes factor?

:)

@beginthebegin71

#18 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'm thinking the owners are already projecting how big they will cash in on their next national TV deal. Combine that with the fact that you've got a couple billionaires in Seattle who seem willing to toss around all sorts of cash to get a team there (supply vs demand), and that drives value.

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm thinking the owners are already projecting how big they will cash in on their next national TV deal. Combine that with the fact that you've got a couple billionaires in Seattle who seem willing to toss around all sorts of cash to get a team there (supply vs demand), and that drives value.

New arena deal as well?

@levineps

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,098 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

SI: Grading the off-season
http://nba.si.com/20...?sct=nba_t11_a0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users