294 replies to this topic

#281 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

O's lose. What's new? We continue to slide.

#282 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Tampa takes sole possession of 2nd.  Can the Yanks come back and bump us down to 4th?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#283 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Time for me to tune out Oriole baseball to find my sanity. Nothing can ruin a day/night for me like shitty baseball.

#284 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Saw wieters at a Q&A once. Said Joe Nathan was the toughest pitcher he's ever faced.

Not gonna win many when 4 and 5 hitters go 1-9 with 8 Ks. And your starter gets the hook at 88 pitches.
@BSLMikeRandall

#285 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Hey, at least the Natinals lost.  A small silver lining on the night.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#286 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hey, at least the Natinals lost.  A small silver lining on the night.

That just means we won't have to worry about any post season baseball in the Baltimore/DC area this year, though they are likely to make it over us.

#287 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

This takes me back in time.  A time when your computer had to use your house phone to call the internet, flannel shirts were still kind of cool, and McGwire and Sosa saved baseball from being only super popular and took baseball to new heights never seen before except for in 1997 and every year before that.  It was 1998 and the O's started off good and then sucked ass.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#288 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Saw wieters at a Q&A once. Said Joe Nathan was the toughest pitcher he's ever faced.

Not gonna win many when 4 and 5 hitters go 1-9 with 8 Ks. And your starter gets the hook at 88 pitches.

At this point of the season Wieters would probably say every pitcher he's faced thus far this season has been the toughest pitcher he's ever faced.

• Pedro Cerrano and Mike in STL like this

#289 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Sucks that they are losing but at least they scored 5 runs without Davis doing anything. This team doesn't really let losses dwell so I expect them to be ready to go tomorrow.

#290 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

What a shitty game for Davis. Haven't been able to say that much this year. Hope he's not cooling off..... we can't afford to not have him murdering the ball.

He just homered on Saturday. If he slowed down some, it really shouldn't surprise anyone. You have to think pitchers are going to find his weak spots more and more, try even harder not to make mistakes around him.

@levineps

#291 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Credit Derek Holland, survived a tough inning and gave the Rangers some flawless innings after that and got out of some jams earlier.

@levineps

#292 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

That just means we won't have to worry about any post season baseball in the Baltimore/DC area this year, though they are likely to make it over us.

I wouldn't be too sure of that at all, they'll probably need to win the NL East, it's looking like at this point.

@levineps

#293 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

He just homered on Saturday. If he slowed down some, it really shouldn't surprise anyone. You have to think pitchers are going to find his weak spots more and more, try even harder not to make mistakes around him.

He's had probably his second worst week of the season, not coincidentally so has the entire Orioles offense. 

3/25 with a 2B, 2 HR, 2 BB, and 12 K over his last 7 games.

Only other stretch of 7 games that bad was Jun 5 - Jun 11, where he went 5/27 with a 2B, 0 HR, 2 BB, and 10 K.  In the middle of that week was his 0/15 or whatever it was stretch.

He came out of that just fine, so I'm not worried, but it's tough when he's not hitting and nobody else on the team is hot except for Markakis slap-hitting some singles every night.

#294 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

He's had probably his second worst week of the season, not coincidentally so has the entire Orioles offense. 

3/25 with a 2B, 2 HR, 2 BB, and 12 K over his last 7 games.

Only other stretch of 7 games that bad was Jun 5 - Jun 11, where he went 5/27 with a 2B, 0 HR, 2 BB, and 10 K.  In the middle of that week was his 0/15 or whatever it was stretch.

He came out of that just fine, so I'm not worried, but it's tough when he's not hitting and nobody else on the team is hot except for Markakis slap-hitting some singles every night.

Safe to say this has been the worst offensive stretch of the year? I haven't looked it up, but I can't imagine they've gone over a week without scoring more than five runs (and until yesterday it was four). On the positive side, aside from yesterday, they've gotten decent pitching(as a whole) during this time.

@levineps

#295 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

At this point of the season Wieters would probably say every pitcher he's faced thus far this season has been the toughest pitcher he's ever faced.

When Wieters comes up to bat, I expect to feel disappointed by the end. Even the homer to make it 8-5 wasn't enough to change my feelings, if he had come through earlier we wouldn't be in that situation.

• BaltBird 24 likes this
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=