289 replies to this topic

#281 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Both Dickerson and Casilla would have to pass through waivers.

You're right that Valencia is only the DH against LHP, but I think that's a more important role than backup CF on this team, especially since in a pinch McLouth could slide over there.  That said, I think it likely may be Valencia because Reimold is back for now and, more importantly, he's got options.  If not for the string of lefty starters, I'd say they would definitely be leaning towards him.

If it were me making the decision, it'd be Dickerson.  Casilla if I wasn't concerned about Roberts, as you mention.

#282 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Agree with Mackus. Dickerson isn't playing and rightfully so, thus there's no need to keep him on the 25 man roster.

Also I have no issue with Britton starting Thursday.

#283 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I really wouldn't be surprised if its Flaherty. Yeah he's been hot, but I wouldn't want to risk losing Casilla considering Roberts' injury history.

Let Ryan get everyday at bats in Norfolk. If an infield spot opens up, bring him back up.

Edit: of course, if Buck does Flaherty 2B, Roberts DH vs righties, then I'm fine with that too. That makes Dick/Valencia the odd man out. Really hope they send Gaus back down as well though. He's been impressive out of the bullpen but I want to see him log starter innings.

#284 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

One of the Us cities I want to go to the most.

Great city, I've been twice but one of those was for my cousins wedding. I'd be sure to do one of those boat architecture tours. Great restaurants as well. My one regret was I didn't get to Wrigley for a game because the Cubs werent in town during my leisure visit, but I went to Wrigleyville. Hope to get there for a game before the place was heavily renovated.

@levineps

#285 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

FYI, O's took 2 of 3 from Houston.

I think people in general make too much of the whole "good teams don't lose these kind of games." You are bound to lose these types of games than overachieve against better teams. I get that's its frustrating.

@levineps

#286 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Avoid the winter. Holy shit it's cold.

When I went in May, it got pretty chilly at night.

@levineps

#287 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think Gaus will be up until Chen is back or Stevie is back. They could decide to bring Rauch up for him too.

I can see the argument to let Dick go. I like him as a pure bench player with the PH potnetial and being a great defensive OF.

I come back to I think there wont be a DFA for now. With Flaherty and Valencia having options 1 will be optioned. Valencia would be nice to have tomorrow and Thur against LHP but long term Flaherty is better because he's been hot and can and will give Roberts time off in the field.

Interesting to see what they do. May stick with a 5 man bench for now through the Chi series and option Gaus. Then heading into NY we option Valencia and call up Rauch or another arm.

#288 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Gausman's gonna be in the rotation come August.  Hammel better get his act together quickly.  As of the trade and Chen's return from the DL, he's now the clear weak link in the rotation.

It's interesting how fast this stuff changes.

@levineps

#289 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Interesting another BP appearance for Gausman. Not sure what to think about that.

My take: he's on the 25, you might as well use him. I have to think with some stability lately in that McFarland is rested to pitch long, he'll be sent down.

@levineps

#290 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

One of the reasons for optimism that Feldman can keep that BABIP low and have success throwing grounders to this infield.

It's amazing that those types of plays from Manny aren't even interesting anymore.  He always makes them.

I was thinking that myself, with the play he made in foul territory tonight, I was just expecting him to make it.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=