291 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Lackey vs. Garcia

This Game Thread is brought to you c/o Frankel Cadillac.

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just feels like a Freddie gets hammered day today. Heres to hoping Im wrong.

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Could be a slugfest. Also feels like a Lackey gets hammered day today.

#4 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm going to the game....stop pissing on everyone parade all the time, man.  Your pessimism is really starting to rub me the wrong way...especially when I'm going to the game, so know your role Jabroni and shut 'chyo mouth!  ;-)

• SBTarheel and Matt like this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#5 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm kinda hoping for a slugfest anyways.  Games are WAY more fun to attend when offense is crazy...Oh, and I'm going with two Sux fans, which because we're in a suite, they can't wear their Sux shit....so funny!!! 

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Damn, FT laying the smack. Have fun at the game man!

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm going to the game....stop pissing on everyone parade all the time, man.  Your pessimism is really starting to rub me the wrong way...especially when I'm going to the game, so know your role Jabroni and shut 'chyo mouth!  :wink:

Some good numbers by the Sox historically against Garcia. This is the type of team that will make him throw strikes. Freddy throwing a lot of balls over the plate usually isn't good.

Anyone with a brain can see how today's matchup doesn't favor us. You call it pessimistic, I call it realistic.

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Woah, woah woah ladies... simmer down, the game doesn't even start for another 4+ hours.

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm going to the game....stop pissing on everyone parade all the time, man.  Your pessimism is really starting to rub me the wrong way...especially when I'm going to the game, so know your role Jabroni and shut 'chyo mouth!  :wink:

That's his act -- when you respond, you are encouraging it. I've responded myself, just saying...

• fishteacher likes this
@levineps

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm kinda hoping for a slugfest anyways.  Games are WAY more fun to attend when offense is crazy...Oh, and I'm going with two Sux fans, which because we're in a suite, they can't wear their Sux shit....so funny!!! 

I can go either way on this one. Have you in your suite, never sat at one at OPACY. I'd like to on a dreary night sometime, but can't say it's high on my bucket list.

@levineps

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I can go either way on this one. Have you in your suite, never sat at one at OPACY. I'd like to on a dreary night sometime, but can't say it's high on my bucket list.

It's overrated. I can't complain, it's nice and all, but I'd rather be out there with the common folk. Now, for a Ravens game - I really can't do a suite, not at all. I've been in the bank's suite a few times and you're just robbing yourself of the atmosphere by being in the suite. It's just not even close to the same. The one positive in the Ravens suite is being able to watch some other games and keep tabs on your fantasy team. But again, if you're going to a game, you're just totally robbing yourself of a memorable experience by not being out there with the rabid folk.

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

It's overrated. I can't complain, it's nice and all, but I'd rather be out there with the common folk. Now, for a Ravens game - I really can't do a suite, not at all. I've been in the bank's suite a few times and you're just robbing yourself of the atmosphere by being in the suite. It's just not even close to the same. The one positive in the Ravens suite is being able to watch some other games and keep tabs on your fantasy team. But again, if you're going to a game, you're just totally robbing yourself of a memorable experience by not being out there with the rabid folk.

It's kind of funny if you think about the whole suite experience -- you drive X amount miles in many cases to do what you've done at home -- eat, drink, watch on TV, etc. And of course a private bathroom, but you can get that at home.

I've been in one once at Verizon Center for a garbage Wizards game. That you could argue is more meaningless. Atleast the difference with an O's and more likely Ravens game is on a bad weather game, you don't have to deal with the elements. I like my sports outdoors for the most part after all -- as I'm sure most of you have noticed I'm a big advocate behind the NY Super Bowl.

@levineps

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

It's kind of funny if you think about the whole suite experience -- you drive X amount miles in many cases to do what you've done at home -- eat, drink, watch on TV, etc. And of course a private bathroom, but you can get that at home.

I've been in one once at Verizon Center for a garbage Wizards game. That you could argue is more meaningless. Atleast the difference with an O's and more likely Ravens game is on a bad weather game, you don't have to deal with the elements. I like my sports outdoors for the most part after all -- as I'm sure most of you have noticed I'm a big advocate behind the NY Super Bowl.

I've been to a suite at Verizon for a Caps game, and that was pretty amazing. Mainly because it wasn't an enclosed suite, it was a nice suite box, with two rows of leather seats, per usual, but the "inside" part of the suite wasn't enclosed, so you still felt the cool off the ice and got to enjoy the atmosphere. Of the three, that is definitely the best suite experience. I'm not sure if all suites at Verizon Center are open like that, but this one was and it was awesome.

#14 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Crab cakes, old bay wings, flying dog beers (flowing nicely), and a great day for the O's to get the 3rd game of this series!!!!
  • BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@therealjfisher

#15 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sweat it up, big boy!!!

@beginthebegin71

#16 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Never liked John Lackey for some reason...

No rhyme or reason, just never have.

@beginthebegin71

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Nate running, a double for Manny... 1-0 Birds!

#18 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Kid's good.

#19 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Just wait until these doubles turn into homers...

@beginthebegin71

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Sounded like Hogan's Real American for Nick....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=