#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Damn, good oppo-drive there, just not long enough.

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Where is everyone? It's nasty out side, a great night to be in watching baseball and chatting on BSL. What the hell gives?

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Where is everyone? It's nasty out side, a great night to be in watching baseball and chatting on BSL. What the hell gives?

Weekend. Sunday afternoon games aren't so bad... Friday and Saturday... not so much.

#24 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Doing research on all our draftees. So I can bitch and complain for the next 3 years!

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

So Chris, that Facebook post you made today - if there's a good post we like without a picture, would you rather us not share it on FB or "Like it" until the pic/thumbnail issue is resolved?

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Loney to Davis. 1 down.

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Weekend. Sunday afternoon games aren't so bad... Friday and Saturday... not so much.

True, especially in the summer I guess. We've had some decent Friday game threads it seems though, this year at least. 

Doing research on all our draftees. So I can bitch and complain for the next 3 years!

Haha, nice!

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

So Chris, that Facebook post you made today - if there's a good post we like without a picture, would you rather us not share it on FB or "Like it" until the pic/thumbnail issue is resolved?

I don't think there would  be any issue there. It's an issue with pics or no pics in our articles. Appears many FB pages having a multitude of issues with adding links.

#29 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Impressed with how Hammel has looked so far tonight. 

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Jennings to Machado with another grounder. 2 out.

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Impressed with how Hammel has looked so far tonight. 

Was thinking the same, trying not jinx him.  Scott to Hardy in the shift...O's coming up in the 3rd.

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

I don't think there would  be any issue there. It's an issue with pics or no pics in our articles. Appears many FB pages having a multitude of issues with adding links.

Well, by "post" I really meant article there... so would you rather not have us add links too on our timeline's given the pic issues? I've noticed the issues too. It seems FB especially like's the MBW logo, haha.

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hardy pops out. 1 down in the 3rd.

Ahh... I see what you saying Ricker.  If you go to share it, and the pic/icon doesn't match the article, probably shouldn't share.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Dickerson with a 1 out walk.

#35 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm a huge fan of having so many people on the team that could steal a base at any given time (and have a good success rate)

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hardy pops out. 1 down in the 3rd.

Ahh... I see what you saying Ricker.  If you go to share it, and the pic/icon doesn't match the article, probably shouldn't share.

Cool, I figured - but just wanted to clarify. Really weird issue they're having. For a company that makes billions mining data through algorithms, you'd think they would figure that out rather easily. 

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Flaherty fouls out, Nate up with 2out.

#38 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm a huge fan of having so many people on the team that could steal a base at any given time (and have a good success rate)

The success rate is key. I think you need to be successful something like 2/3rds of the time in order for the good to outweigh the bad. Not only are the O's 2nd in MLB with 48 SB's (1st in the AL), but they also lead the majors in success rate at 84%. That's pretty sick. Especially in this run environment, it's become all the more important. It's been a great turn around too, not something we have been terribly good at in quite some time.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Cool, I figured - but just wanted to clarify. Really weird issue they're having. For a company that makes billions mining data through algorithms, you'd think they would figure that out rather easily. 

My sense is their algorithms are being adjusted with a preference for comments without external links. It's clear when we write something with no links, it gets seen by more people.

Dickerson to 2nd...  need a single for a run.

#40 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I was going to say that I think Archer is getting squeezed somewhat. Even if pitch-track thinks they were both outside. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=