#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

My burgers turned out awesome yesterday. Remembered to do the little indent thing this time so they didn't shrink. Eggs, garlic, mccormick's seasoning, salt, pepper and sharp cheddar all mixed in with 80/20 ground beef. Cooked 3 minutes each side for a delicious medium finish.

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

I use this trick more often for meatballs than burgers, but I like to add fresh grated onion (could dice it up in a food pro, but I just use a box grater) to my mix.  About 1/2 of a vadalia onion per 1.5-2 lb of meat.  It doesn't add too much onion flavor but I feel like it adds tons of moisture and juiciness.

Mixing in ground pork as others have mentioned is great, as well.  I usually go closer to 50/50, depending on how much I'm making.

Another awesome way to cook burgers is In 'N Out Animal style, especially if you don't have a grill or don't wanna bother mixing tons of stuff into your ground beef.  Use only ground beef and make really thin burgers, season each side with salt and pepper.  Get a skillet really hot with just a little bit of oil, and squirt plain old yellow mustard directly into the skillet, then put the patty down right on top of your mustard.  Repeat when you flip, then add American cheese (can cover for a minute to get the cheese to melt nicely).  Only need a minute or two per side depending on how thin you get them.  Pile two patties on a potato roll (toasted and buttered if you really wanna get fancy) with lettuce & tomato and perhaps some sauteed onions and mushrooms if you like and they are dynamite.

#43 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Homemade, grilled kangaroo burgers. 

Just a little salt/pepper mixed in, grilled a couple minutes each side.  With a nice bun brushed with garlic butter grilled just a bit with some lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese.  Yeah, it was the tits.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#44 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Homemade, grilled kangaroo burgers. 

Just a little salt/pepper mixed in, grilled a couple minutes each side.  With a nice bun brushed with garlic butter grilled just a bit with some lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese.  Yeah, it was the tits.

Sounds like something worth jumping on.

• Markus likes this
@DJ_McCann

#45 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

If you ever stop in Richmond, when I went to VCU a burger joint called Cary town burger and fries was awesome.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#46 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

My buddies and I made cronut burgers last weekend on a camping trip and they turned out great. Cronut is the bun, burger, cheese, bacon, egg. 

Picture attached.

Attached Files

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#47 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

My buddies and I made cronut burgers last weekend on a camping trip and they turned out great. Cronut is the bun, burger, cheese, bacon, egg. 

Picture attached.

There is an Indy league baseball team out where my wife is from. The Gateway Grizzlies. They have something similar but the bun is Krispy Kreme glazed donuts, burger, bacon, cheese. Yours looks better though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#48 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Clark Burger, next to The Senator Theatre. Wow. Make it a double for sure, but what a great burger.

And they have Poutine!
@BSLMikeRandall

#49 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Jake's Wayback Burger is pretty delicious.

#50 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:03 AM

I went to bacon fest in Easton, PA over the weekend and there's a 50/50 pork/beef burger they sell there that is hands down the best burger I've ever had. Had two of them this weekend.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

I went to bacon fest in Easton, PA over the weekend and there's a 50/50 pork/beef burger they sell there that is hands down the best burger I've ever had. Had two of them this weekend.

Have you ever tried the burger mix from Trueth's in Oella (old EC)?  They only sell it on Fridays I think, but it's 50/50 beef and bacon all ground together.  Sinful. 

I can never decide if they're better as larger grilled burgers and have the inside super juicy and bacon-fatty or to make thin little patties and press them hard on a skillet like In 'N Out does.  

#52 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

Have you ever tried the burger mix from Trueth's in Oella (old EC)?  They only sell it on Fridays I think, but it's 50/50 beef and bacon all ground together.  Sinful. 

I can never decide if they're better as larger grilled burgers and have the inside super juicy and bacon-fatty or to make thin little patties and press them hard on a skillet like In 'N Out does.  

No, never had them but I'll have to give them a try.

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:43 AM

No, never had them but I'll have to give them a try.

Trueth's is a butcher shop, not a restaurant, to be clear.  You buy the ground meat from them (get some steaks as well while you're there) and then make the burgers at home yourself. 

#54 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:16 AM

Trueth's is a butcher shop, not a restaurant, to be clear.  You buy the ground meat from them (get some steaks as well while you're there) and then make the burgers at home yourself. 

Yup. Had a friend who lived down the street from there for years.

• Mackus likes this

#55 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

When we went to Houston last summer, I had Wataburger for the first time. It was pretty damn good. I told my wife, "If we lived here, Id eat here once a week, for sure" My favorite local burger is from Nacho Mama's. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#56 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:24 PM

I had a really good burger recently at the Rathskeller in downtown Elkridge.

#57 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

I had a really good burger recently at the Rathskeller in downtown Elkridge.

I stumbled upon that place on Gmaps recently. I need to check it out.

Had a Five Guys burger "all the way" last Friday. Best FF burger IMO.

#58 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

Best burger I've ever had was at Hodad's in San Diego this summer. And for any NoVA folks out there, Damn Good Burger in Arlington is excellent.

@BSLZackKiesel

#59 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Melt in Leesburg is the tits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=