#21 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

As Mashed Potatoes stated above, Fuddruckers is my favorite place to get a burger. There is a place that used to have good burgers down in Edgewater called Sue's Deli. I haven't been down that way in years, so I'm not sure if they are as good as they used to be. I haven't tried most of the other places that aren't "fast food" that were mentioned in this thread.

As for "fast food" places, I do enjoy a burger once in awhile from Gino's since they are back (as DJ MC had already stated).

@MKlein76

#22 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yesterday we went to Jake's Wayback Burgers in Annapolis (the original Jake's Hamburgers is in Newark, DE) since we had a coupon. It's off Riva Road near the CVS and BB&T. We had Jake Cheeseburgers - if I remember correctly, two patties, American slices, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, raw red onion slices, and bread-and-butter pickle slices. Got some fries as well. The hamburger was very juicy and sizable, beat the hell out of anything I've gotten at Five Guys in the past year or two. Fries had a great balance of crispness and give, nice color but not overdone, just enough salt. We had iced tea, so no report on their milkshakes (which, like at any place that bothers to sell and promote milkshakes, are pretty pricey). Seating is what you might expect at a Five Guys or some Jimmy John's, except with a warmer ambience (and a large TV toward the back - not sure how much entertainment you'd get out of it, since it was 2:00 and CNN was on when we were there).

There is one in Bel Air also, so if you are more north than me (basically everyone is) and like the idea, that one is probably more convenient.

#23 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Fox NewsTop 10 burger joints in the US

@levineps

#24 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Im not sure how people determine what the best burger is. When I was in New Mexico, driving through this truck stop town, there was this little shack that had the "7th best burger in America" Bobby Flay had been there, did the throwdown against the owner and lost. Id like to be blown away when they say something is one of the best in America. This burger was nothing special at all. Another example is Arthur Bryants "World famous BBQ" in Kansas City...where you expect good BBQ...meh. Ive have better in Parkville.

So what makes a great burger to you? The burger itself, the toppings, size?
@BSLMikeRandall

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Im not sure how people determine what the best burger is. When I was in New Mexico, driving through this truck stop town, there was this little shack that had the "7th best burger in America" Bobby Flay had been there, did the throwdown against the owner and lost. Id like to be blown away when they say something is one of the best in America. This burger was nothing special at all. Another example is Arthur Bryants "World famous BBQ" in Kansas City...where you expect good BBQ...meh. Ive have better in Parkville. So what makes a great burger to you? The burger itself, the toppings, size?

The roll and what they/you put on it is huge to me.

I put all sorts of stuff on mine.

I do agree that the overall quality of the burger is pretty similar for the most part.

#26 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

What's the best painting in the world? Same shit. Burger is art, it's very individual. To me, well seasoned beef, roll that is dense and not fluffy, fresh vegetables. I'm a simple man.

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I think a Brioche bun is a must. I prefer thick burgers over thin pressed out ones. At least 10oz if you want to be considered a burger and not a sandwich.
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

The burger at Towson Tavern is awesome.

#29 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

The quality of the actual patty is the most important and it needs to be cooked to order (medium rare for me or even closer to rare). After that, well it's the quality and amount of everything else that's patty of the burger. What specifically I want on the burger I can generally get wherever depending on my mood, but the quality of everything changes based on location.

#30 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

The Counter is my favorite burger place.
  • Oriole85 likes this

#31 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

What's the best painting in the world? Same shit. Burger is art, it's very individual. To me, well seasoned beef, roll that is dense and not fluffy, fresh vegetables. I'm a simple man.

Yes, it's very individual -- but it's still fun to talk about your favorite pizza, cheesteak, restaurant, vacation spot, baseball stadium and the other "bests" we've discussed here. For many, a burger is just a burger -- I can respect that. For me, I'm not much of a wine aficionado, an expensive bottle of wine doesn't do much for me.

I hadn't heard of that place (didn't know it was a chain), I googled it, turns out there's one in Reston. It's a little pricey. I'd like to try it at some point.

@levineps

#32 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yes, it's very individual -- but it's still fun to talk about your favorite pizza, cheesteak, restaurant, vacation spot, baseball stadium and the other "bests" we've discussed here. For many, a burger is just a burger -- I can respect that. For me, I'm not much of a wine aficionado, an expensive bottle of wine doesn't do much for me.

I hadn't heard of that place (didn't know it was a chain), I googled it, turns out there's one in Reston. It's a little pricey. I'd like to try it at some point.

I wouldn't say it's pricey. Let me know what you think if you go.

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Everyday is some sort of holiday and today is no different. Happy National Burger Day!

@levineps

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Everyday is some sort of holiday and today is no different. Happy National Burger Day!

Nice, had no idea. I'm grilling my delicious home made burger recipe this evening. Some skirt steak as an appetizer. Should be great.

#35 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

"I chill at White Castle 'cause it's the best
But I fly at Fat Burger when I'm way out west"

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#36 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

No need to fly out west for Fatburger anymore...since Orlando Brown (RIP) opened one in Columbia.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#37 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

I tried making these burgers recently (firecracker mix) and they were pretty darned good.

http://howchow.blogs...burgers-in.html

#38 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Huh. I also had a burger earlier. Good times.

No new burgers to report lately.

#39 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

I had two McDonalds McDoubles today for lunch.

*Runs and hides*

@DJ_McCann

#40 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

I had two McDonalds McDoubles today for lunch.

*Runs and hides*

*posted from the toilet.
  • You Play to Win the Game and DJ MC like this
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=