#181 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Wonder if he would step away if the O's won it all.

More likely, but if this is such a good business venture for him, wouldn't he just keep raking in the $$$? OTOH, maybe the franchise won't ever be more valuable. Whatever is best for his estate is the answer.

@levineps

#182 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Know Wieters is never going to be a track star, but I'd love to hear about him spending a winter working with Brady... doing everything he can to maximize his athleticism now (Tucker's piece on catching did have good comments from that scout, about how Wieters does have good athleticism - as shown by his quick movements behind the plate.

Not to discount Brady, but his wife ran cross-country at GT, she might be able to provide some pointers or two.

@levineps

#183 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

More likely, but if this is such a good business venture for him, wouldn't he just keep raking in the $$$? OTOH, maybe the franchise won't ever be more valuable. Whatever is best for his estate is the answer.

I would not expect there to be much of a chance of him selling, I'm wondering if the O's won if he would would step away (turning it over to his son Lou).

#184 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Not to discount Brady, but his wife ran cross-country at GT, she might be able to provide some pointers or two.

Didn't know that, but cross country totally different than training for speed. (Though it is reasonable to believe she would be aware of what is needed.)

There is no amount of training Wieters could do to ever run well, I just want to see him run as good as he can, and maybe raise the bar some now... so when he falls off athletically, it is not any more painful to watch than it is now.

#185 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Yep... yet Flaherty is the whipping boy, when he at least plays a good 2B. Interesting that Reimold has gotten a free pass, at least it seems to me. Regardless, he has been the bigger disappointment to me, but I was also a huge fan (with guarded optimism). I thought any lack of performance from Reimold would have been due to health, not simply ineffectiveness.

Agree on the Reimold-Flaherty comparisons. I think the difference is Reimold looks more like an MLBer. You keep hearing from the Reimold apologists, if he'll just stay healthy, he'll produce. It's only been a little over a month, but he hasn't done much. I had an interesting exchange on Twitter regarding him/the DH slot. And while it's fair to point out how one struggle just coming up 4 times to the plate a game, the truth is with McLouth continuing to do well, the less opportunties Reimold will have in the field. So if he can't produce at the plate, there's a problem.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=