Photo

Are the orioles looking to trade Reynolds?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

http://www.masnsport... ... ioles.html

#2 weams

weams
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Dan told me no. He said other teams have asked about him.
A nervous breakdown divided into nine innings.

#3 weams

weams
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Dan told me no. He said other teams have asked about him.

Oh, and that for the right return they would.
A nervous breakdown divided into nine innings.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

I guess the O's have to decide how willing they will be to pick up Reynolds $11M option in '13.

I like Reynolds a lot as a 3rd baseman, less so if the O's insist on moving him across the diamond.

Obviously you did not need advanced defensive metrics to know Reynolds had an abysmal year at 3rd last year with far to many errors made. I saw a guy capable of making his share of great plays, who butchered the routine too often. I think he has decent range, especially to his left, and a capable arm. I also think that if you look at his UZR/150 numbers over ’09, and ’10; there is reason to believe he can play the position effectively. While his UZR/150 numbers at 1st last year were better vs. what he did at 3rd; it was not like he was Keith Hernandez out there. He had a -17.4 UZR/150, which is brutal in its own right (and below his ’09, and ’10 numbers at 3rd).

I thought Davis looked stiff at 3rd, and looked better at 1st.

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Yea, the idea they think Reynolds at first and Davis at third is better its pretty poor.

Davis has actually always been regarded as a very good defensive first baseman. Its almost as if the Orioles don't know that. Its like Reynolds looked like Pujols with the glove over at first.

We heard earlier that Seattle could be interested in Reynolds...If they can sign Fielder and Smoak is on the table, maybe a deal can be worked out?

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

We heard earlier that Seattle could be interested in Reynolds...If they can sign Fielder and Smoak is on the table, maybe a deal can be worked out?

Like I said, I'm a Reynolds fan, but if you could potentially get a long-term (under team control) piece like Smoak - that would be ideal.

If you were not able to get a prospect like Smoak, would you have any interest in extending Reynolds through '14?

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Like I said, I'm a Reynolds fan, but if you could potentially get a long-term (under team control) piece like Smoak - that would be ideal.

If you were not able to get a prospect like Smoak, would you have any interest in extending Reynolds through '14?

No...not without seeing defensive improvement at third.

He wasn't even worth 1 WAR last year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=