147 replies to this topic

#121 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 01:05 PM

TBF I think Ruggs was doing 150+ while heavily intoxicated on city streets. Marquise doing 126 is obviously foolish, but if sober, and on an empty highway, a night in jail and dock him a game check for being stupid suffices.

When I was 20 I pushed my pos car to 105 on a flat, straight, vacant, Florida highway at about 3am while stone cold sober. I did it once, and never again. Dumb? Yeah. Did I think I would hurt anyone but myself? No.

I did a 120 twice, both times cold sober.

Very young, and stupid. Something about being young and feeling indestructible. 

#122 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 01:27 PM

Feel for Hollywood.

#123 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 08:22 AM

#124 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:58 PM

Good for him. Was probably scary due to the prior Lisfranc. 

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
Some good news for #AZCardinals WR Hollywood Brown: Following the MRI, his foot isn’t as bad as was initially thought. It’s a small, non-surgical fracture, source said. Recovery time is about 6 weeks. He’s getting a second opinion from Dr. Robert Anderson before moving forward.
4:25 PM · Oct 17, 2022

#125 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 11:40 AM

Apparently an ACL injury for Murray.

#126 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 03:39 PM

Tough loss if it's an ACL for Murray, especially this late in the season in a year they're already eliminated from playoff contention. Gotta think it'll take a few weeks into next season for him to be fully ready to go.

#127 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,734 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 December 2022 - 12:49 PM

JJ Watt set to retire at the end of the season, shame his career wraps up on a terrible Cardinals team.

#128 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2022 - 12:50 PM

JJ Watt set to retire at the end of the season, shame his career wraps up on a terrible Cardinals team.

They really are very bad. Not that I thought they'd be good, but they never looked right all season, even with Kyler was healthy. It'll be an interesting off-season in Arizona I think.

#129 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 01:05 PM

They really are very bad. Not that I thought they'd be good, but they never looked right all season, even with Kyler was healthy. It'll be an interesting off-season in Arizona I think.

Talented family, didnt know his brothers also play in the NFL, until I read the retirement article. He went out with class.

#130 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2022 - 01:12 PM

Talented family, didnt know his brothers also play in the NFL, until I read the retirement article. He went out with class.

His brother TJ in Pittsburgh is a total beast when he's 100%, which I don't think he is even right now. Pittsburgh's defense is so much better when he's in there. He has had trouble staying healthy though the past couple years. That has to be concerning to Steelers fans who followed the arc of JJ's career. His other brother who is also in Pittsburgh, Derek Watt, I believe as a FB - not so much. Mostly a special teams guy, but has gotten a little run here and there as a FB this year. 

#131 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:40 PM

Until I watched the SNF game I didn't even realize he was still playing. He had 9.5 sacks this year though so he's going out on a personal high note at least. Guy was a beast, injuries disrupted his career. Could have been an all-timer. Does he get into HOF? I say yes. 3 time DPOY. 111 sacks as of now.

That said, Jared Allen has similar stats; more sacks and isn't in.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 02:42 PM

Until I watched the SNF game I didn't even realize he was still playing. He had 9.5 sacks this year though so he's going out on a personal high note at least. Guy was a beast, injuries disrupted his career. Could have been an all-timer. Does he get into HOF? I say yes.

3x DPOY, 5x All-Pro.  2010's All-Decade Team. I think he's a lock.

• CantonJester likes this

#133 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2022 - 03:01 PM

I think JJ Watt is a slam dunk HOF guy.  A first ballot guy IMO.

• DuffMan and CantonJester like this
@mikeghg

#134 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,734 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 December 2022 - 03:01 PM

Also raised 37 million for Houston with his GoFundMe!
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike B and BaltBird 24 like this

#135 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,565 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 10:09 PM

Absolute first ballot HOF.

#136 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, J.J. Watt is a first ballot HOF. 

#137 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:00 PM

Kingsbury fired.

#138 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 January 2023 - 01:52 PM

Kingsbury and Lovie Smith might be the only head coaches that have a losing record in both college and the NFL (Doug Marrone is close, he was exactly .500 at Syracuse). Both now fired, and yet it would be no surprise at all if both are head coaches again sooner than later.

#139 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 09 January 2023 - 02:40 PM

Kingsbury and Lovie Smith might be the only head coaches that have a losing record in both college and the NFL (Doug Marrone is close, he was exactly .500 at Syracuse). Both now fired, and yet it would be no surprise at all if both are head coaches again sooner than later.

I KNOW it's a team game, but imagine having a resume that says you were under .500 with Pat Mahomes.

This game is so amusing to me. Mahomes was 52-88 for 734 yards and 5 TDs, plus 85 yards and 2 TD running, but it wasn't enough. Couldn't stop Mixon and Baker.

https://www.sports-r...texas-tech.html

• Ravens2006 likes this

#140 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 January 2023 - 02:49 PM

I KNOW it's a team game, but imagine having a resume that says you were under .500 with Pat Mahomes.

This game is so amusing to me. Mahomes was 52-88 for 734 yards and 5 TDs, plus 85 yards and 2 TD running, but it wasn't enough. Couldn't stop Mixon and Baker.

https://www.sports-r...texas-tech.html

Maybe they should try to lure Lincoln Riley to the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=