Another 1 run win for the birds!
@BSLMikeRandall

#243 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Anyone else think JJs got some sort of substance on the brim of his cap? Looks discolored and he keeps touching it...

When someone has an ump check it this week, I blame you.

@JeremyMStrain

#244 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

That was pretty crisp!!!

Now lets get our first sweep this year.

#245 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Win Column!!!!!!

CHZIpQ9.gif

#246 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,241 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Winning a series on the second day of it is great.

#247 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,241 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Anyone else think JJs got some sort of substance on the brim of his cap? Looks discolored and he keeps touching it...

I thought it was just dirt but he kept touching it after every pitch...

#248 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm the resident Strop fan on the board, but I agree he is out of whack. Thought Palmer made an interesting point of Strop slowing down and finding his mechanics after throwing a slider. You could see him gain back his composure.

I was surprised Buck went to him tonight... I thought he would hide Strop in a few more lower pressure situations, get him going first, before being used in a situation like tonight.

I'll tell you what disturbed me most was how completely scared he was of Encarnacion. He wanted nothing at all to do wit him and his pitching reflected it. Now, I understand choosing yor spots, pitching around guys, etc but that was a spot where he needs to attack. If your gonna pitch around a guy you at least want to pretend your trying to attack. You could noticably see how uncomfortable he was pitching to Encarnacion. I think we were lucky Batista check swinged that first one and got himself out because it probably would have been the same with him. Of course the called 3rd strike to end the inning was fortunate too.

#249 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'll tell you what disturbed me most was how completely scared he was of Encarnacion. He wanted nothing at all to do wit him and his pitching reflected it. Now, I understand choosing yor spots, pitching around guys, etc but that was a spot where he needs to attack. If your gonna pitch around a guy you at least want to pretend your trying to attack. You could noticably see how uncomfortable he was pitching to Encarnacion. I think we were lucky Batista check swinged that one and got himself out because it probably would have been the same with him.

Probably because he just played on a team with him and he saw him up close and personal every day for like a month.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=