22 replies to this topic

#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Seth's a pretty poor option as PG, IMO.  But he may be what we have to go with if Peters either isn't 100% to start the year or just isn't ready quite yet.  Or if he's more of a combo guard like Seth himself, as I've seen suggested.

I think Seth is a good player, he's just not a point guard.  He can't break a press by himself and he isn't great at initiating any sort of a set offense.  He can get to the rim off the dribble and he's very quick, so he's definitely the best option right now, but I'd really like to find an actual point guard and let our players play to their strengths.

#22 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Seth's a pretty poor option as PG, IMO.  But he may be what we have to go with if Peters either isn't 100% to start the year or just isn't ready quite yet.  Or if he's more of a combo guard like Seth himself, as I've seen suggested.

I think Seth is a good player, he's just not a point guard.  He can't break a press by himself and he isn't great at initiating any sort of a set offense.  He can get to the rim off the dribble and he's very quick, so he's definitely the best option right now, but I'd really like to find an actual point guard and let our players play to their strengths.

Totally agree that Turge needs to find someone else. I've heard that both Peters and Trimble are combo guards, but I've also heard that both are truer point guards than Allen. Most scouts say they are point guards, not shooting guards. Obviously they could both be on the floor at the same time in a few years, which will be great.

@BSLZackKiesel

#23 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

http://collegebasket...play-this-year/

Pe'Shon to USC, with a hardship waiver.

@DJ_McCann