#201 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

WOW. Thats all I got. Thats two of Davis's homers that were good pitchers pitches on the black or even off the plate outside. Sick plate coverage and power to drive that pitch out oppo. Teams will have to start trying to jam him. Just a different hitter right now than anything I saw last year.

Yep, him hitting those pitches with that much power is very impressive and is something that he didn't do much of last year. Breaking pitches below the zone and fastballs in are how he should be pitched at the moment.

#202 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

wincolumn.jpg

#203 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Good game boys!

#204 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yep, him hitting those pitches with that much power is very impressive and is something that he didn't do much of last year. Breaking pitches below the zone and fastballs in are how he should be pitched at the moment.

Yeah, gonna have to throw him some soft stuff early. SOme get me over curveballs and off speed stuff. He'll have to adjust as they adjust to him but as he has been saying, staying back helps solve a lot. Just that mindframe to stay back will also help with the breaking pitches.

#205 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Missed you guys today due to actually being at the game finally when my cousin came through and got us walk-up tix at 9:30 this morning....Thank you Chris DAvis for being a super hero!  Holy crap, what a game!!!!

oh, and Chris Davis says...

FxJTB.gif

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#206 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

So no first pitch in memory of Earl Weaver?

I might be in the minority on this one, but I didn't like it. Apparently, none of the Ravens were available. I would've liked to see someone. Honoring Earl was great but there's no reason IMO why someone couldn't have thrown out the first pitch. It's something to look forward to on Opening Day

@levineps

#207 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

So no first pitch in memory of Earl Weaver?
I might be in the minority on this one, but I didn't like it. Apparently, none of the Ravens were available. I would've liked to see someone. Honoring Earl was great but there's no reason IMO why someone couldn't have thrown out the first pitch. It's something to look forward to on Opening Day
I have a feeling the no first-pitch was Plan B.

#208 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

I have a feeling the no first-pitch was Plan B.

Great chance of that, but if it was really a Plan B to begin with. Why not have Michael Phelps? Why not have Weaver's widow (or other family member)? Why not have some former Oriole? (it's the 30th anniversary of 1983, Dempsey could've done it) Why not have some dignitary?

The first pitch on Opening Day is something fans look forward to. My friend who I went to the game who isn't much of a baseball fan was pretty disappointed and I could see how other casual fans would be as well.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=