683 replies to this topic

#681 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 01:36 PM

Another thing Queen brings is leadership. Defensive coordinator Teryl Austin spoke at OTA practice on Wednesday and noted that Queen will wear the green dot this season.

“We signed him because he had a great year, but it wasn’t just a one-off,” said Austin. “He’s played well ever since he was at Baltimore. We think he’s a three-down linebacker for us. He’ll go in with the green dot and he’ll be the guy out there on every snap.”

Wearing the green dot means Queen will be the guy in communication with the sidelines and making the defensive play calls.

steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/06/12/steelers-ravens-patrick-queen-nfl/

I'm not sure which Ravens games Steeler fans were watching before Roquan showed up.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#682 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:12 PM

Don't know if Queen is a green dot guy.

#683 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 08:28 PM

This year will go a long way in finding out who the real Patrick Queen is.  I think it's very safe to say prior to Roquan Smith coming to Baltimore, Queen did not live up to his draft position.  He was serviceable and had his moments, but he was far from a superstar.  Once Smith was added, Queen looked very good.  The big question:  Did he finally bloom once the pressure was off and did he learn from Roquan Smith and is now ready to be a superstar in his own right, or did Smith just carry him and make him look better?  

Jury is still out on that one.  We'll have a better picture around mid season.  

#684 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,442 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 06:13 AM

I think he's an above average non-elite player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=