You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,557 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Holy crap dude.

Yeah, I remember the first time I drank dark liquor too. Geez.

#462 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Love the upside of Hunter as a reliever..but that right there is his potential big weakness.

There is no upside as a reliever. He throws 96. So freaking what All he has is a straight fastball that guys will hit over the fence. Upside of Hunter as a reliever. Are you kidding me.

#463 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Buck mismanged this game worse than Sam Peralazzo and Trembley combined. Thats really bad.

#464 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

There is no upside as a reliever. He throws 96. So freaking what All he has is a straight fastball that guys will hit over the fence. Upside of Hunter as a reliever. Are you kidding me.

I think he can be a passable reliever, but he's unlikely to be an asset.

#465 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Yeah, I remember the first time I drank dark liquor too. Geez.

tumblr_m4ifbmql1v1qfw2dno1_250.gif

#466 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

not that you really deserve much attention in this thread with countless dumbass comments you have made but yea, he clearly has a power arm out of the pen and has upside to be a very good reliever. Your inability to recognize his upside is on you, not me.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#467 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

WTF was wrong with the pen tonight? Very depressing. Scoring 7 runs against this bad Rays' offense should be enough.

Get used to it. The pen isn't that good. People can choose to think that is overreacting, but it's not. Just wait and see.

#468 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

That was the worst loss of the season!

• SammyBirdland and JeffLong like this

#469 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Get used to it. The pen isn't that good. People can choose to think that is overreacting, but it's not. Just wait and see.

And you felt this going into the season, right?

#470 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

That was the worst loss of the season!

Easily!

#471 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

not that you really deserve much attention in this thread with countless dumbass comments you have made but yea, he clearly has a power arm out of the pen and has upside to be a very good reliever. Your inability to recognize his upside is on you, not me.

ROFL. He won't even make it through the year as a reliever, at least not as an Oriole but I hope he does so I can point out at the end of the year just how mediocre to bad his numbers will be.

Dude has no upside as a reliever. People that actually know what it is they are watching like myself or RZNJ have been saying that all offseason. If you wanna fall in love with a 96 MPH straight fastball that is on you. You'll look like the dumbass.

#472 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

And you felt this going into the season, right?

I said the pitching was going to regress. How many times did we go over the fact that I said I thought the hitting would improve and the pitching regress. Both starting and BP.  I fully expected Strop, Ayala, and Johnson to regress. I've said numerous times I'm ot a fan of Hunter out of the pen. I do think O'Day can generally be the same type of pitcher he was last year and I think Matusz will continue to be solid out there but the pen is not going to be a top 5 AL pen again. Never thought it was likely.

#473 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think he can be a passable reliever, but he's unlikely to be an asset.

Yes, mediocre at best. Some people think you can throw any freaking SP in the pen and make them good just because they can increase their velocity a couple of ticks. It doesn't work that way. It's foolish thinking.

#474 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Well........... I guess we can only win 161 this year.

• Oriole85 and SammyBirdland like this

#475 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

This is the kind of negative nancy bullshit that people, like you I guess, love. You can say all the negative stuff you want and if it's correct, then you can hit a snarky 'I told you so' and if you're wrong, well, your team is playing well and no one feels like calling you on it because things are going well. I'm not speaking just on your opinion of the pen either, but basically you calling it a loss the 7th inning when the game was tied and other comments. Personally I don't think it takes a whole lot of intelligence to make pessimistic, negative comments like this, but that's just me.

• Oriole85 likes this

@AdamWolff

#476 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

This is the kind of negative nancy bullshit that people, like you I guess, love. You can say all the negative stuff you want and if it's correct, then you can hit a snarky 'I told you so' and if you're wrong, well, your team is playing well and no one feels like calling you on it because things are going well. I'm not speaking just on your opinion of the pen either, but basically you calling it a loss the 7th inning when the game was tied and other comments. Personally I don't think it takes a whole lot of intelligence to make pessimistic, negative comments like this, but that's just me.

Call me out on things that are wrong. I'm fine with that. It doesn't hurt my feelings to be called out.  It's a bad loss. Good job by the O's to battle back a few times in the game but still ends up being a gut punch of a loss.

And I do believe the BP is going to be mediocre to bad. I don;t like many of the pieces out there. O'Day, Matusz, and Johnson.  I think Strop has a good arm and potential but he can be rattled and blow up. He was walking a tightrope long before he imploded in September. Patton is another guy who was very good last year but IMO is mediocre. DOn;t get me started again on Hunter or Ayala.

#477 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

The only surprising performance out of the bullpen was Strop.

Hunter left a straight fastball over the middle of the plate ... that's gonna happen when he's pitching.

Ayala let an inherited runner score ... that's gonna happen when he's pitching.

Strop looked rattled after Tampa took advantage of the defensive shift to start the 7th. A bunt single and then a grounder to short that is usually a routine double play ball. Sure, if they aren't shifting he probably doesn't hit it there but it is still frustrating to watch.

Tough loss but at least the offense looked good tonight. Davis looks like a monster. He's not chasing pitches and he's going the other way.

#478 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

ROFL. He won't even make it through the year as a reliever, at least not as an Oriole but I hope he does so I can point out at the end of the year just how mediocre to bad his numbers will be.

Dude has no upside as a reliever. People that actually know what it is they are watching like myself or RZNJ have been saying that all offseason. If you wanna fall in love with a 96 MPH straight fastball that is on you. You'll look like the dumbass.

i guess you think guys like Tucker and Jon Shepherd are also dumb?

#479 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

i guess you think guys like Tucker and Jon Shepherd are also dumb?

I haven't read their stuff on him, but if they see  solid potential in Hunter as a RP I think they are wrong. He's never going to be better than a medicore RP. Sure, he might have 1 year thats good but it wont be the norm. We know how volitile RP can be.

Look at Strop. Last year makes him look like a very good RP when anybody with a set of eyes knows he's not a very good RP. He might be  above average- solid but not what I consider very good.

#480 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm arguing with a guy that thinks Harold Reynolds is insightful. Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors