344 replies to this topic

#101 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

I guess the only way to get someone banned for life from the NFL for domestic violence is if there's video of it.

Ubiquitous video is changing lots of things where people used to get away with terrible stuff but now they don't... provided there's video of it...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#102 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Another failure of justice.

#103 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

As bad as what Hardy did, I'm even more repulsed by Jones' enthusiasm for Hardy, even after the shit he's pulled so far this year. I understand needing to validate the signing but Jones is taking it to a whole new level. Then again, Jones has been able to throw money at problems I'm sure, so I guess game recognizes game.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#104 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

Jones would sign Charles Manson if he believed he could be a capable backup for Romo.

• Dupin likes this

#105 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

Jones would sign Charles Manson if he believed he could be a capable backup for Romo.

To be fair, his helmet would hide the swastika.

@DJ_McCann

#106 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

Deadspin: Inside The Closed-Door NFL Hearing That Reinstated Greg Hardy

At the hearing, Hardy’s private defense attorney was given license to present his version of events in an essentially non-adversarial process. He used the sex lives of Holder and Kristina Laurence, the principal witness for the state, to attack them and their credibility; claimed that Holder merely slipped and fell; and suggested that the judge at Hardy’s bench trial was uniquely biased against Hardy.

Those claims received only cursory testing and pushback from the NFL executives and lawyers in the room.

#107 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

With Romo back, do you think Dallas will run the table (maybe 1 loss) and reach the playoffs?

#108 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

Sports on Earth: Don't Count Out Cowboys Yet

http://www.sportsone...panthers-wee-12

#109 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

3 backs now with Elliott, A. Morris, and McFadden...    not going to take long for Elliott to be the guy imo.

Interesting that the Ravens contacted Dallas about the 4th selection...

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

And there goes Jaylon Smith...  good for him...

#111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

CBS Sports: Are the Cowboys the best of a mediocre division?
http://www.sportslin...stforecast_0522

#112 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

CBS Sports: Jerry Jones has brought the best and worst out of the Dallas Cowboys
http://www.cbssports...dallas-cowboys/

#113 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Deadspin: Ezekiel Elliott's Girlfriend Posts Photos Of Bruises, Claims She's A Victim Of Domestic Violence [Update]

#114 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Sports Illustrated / MMQB: Biggest question facing the Cowboys isn't what you may think

#115 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

The Ringer: The Cowboys Are Ready to Run All Over the NFL
https://theringer.co...1d78#.hig529qcj

#116 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Oh jeez.

After Ezekiel Elliott reportedly visited a marijuana dispensary in Seattle prior to Thursday night's preseason game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones deemed Elliott's decision "not good."

TMZ reported Elliott visited a weed shop named "Herban Legends" just "hours" prior to the game. Although recreational marijuana use is legal in Seattle, marijuana remains a banned substance by the NFL. The website's sources did say Elliott "didn't buy or smoke anything in the store." It sounds like Elliott was being a typical tourist. "Well, I think that in and of itself the reason we are talking about is in a way part of the learning process," Jones said of Elliott's decision to visit the weed shop. "But it's not good. It's just not good. It's just not good."

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#117 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

Jones made his fortune in oil, and he gets to call out Zeke Elliott for visiting a weed shop? It continues to amaze me when uber rich old white dude's criticize black people for harmless activities. This becomes more of a story because of Jones reaction to this. He should have said... he pees clean, he shows up, works hard, etc. so I don't care where he visits.

I realize Jones is probably only upset about the PR, but still. We need to collectively stop treating things like this as bad in any way, shape or form. Unless he was late to the pre-season game, it was on his time, and he didn't break any rules. This is just ridiculous.

That said, Elliott needs to be careful. This summer he's had this news, and the domestic abuse accusations. Doesn't take long for your reputation to get ruined.

#118 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

lol my friend drafted Elliott, Dez, Romo, and Witten in our draft.

Should be fun.

#119 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Romo like out for the first half of the year.

Big loss for Dallas.

Prescott has upside and has performed well but he's not Romo.

#120 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

Despite Prescott's success in the pre-season, remember it IS the pre-season.  Teams are very vanilla and not gameplanning, he has not had a team prepare specifically to face him.  Not saying he can't be good, just saying don't expect him to come in and match the production one would expect from Romo for half a season.  Despite all the hate he gets, Romo is still a great player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=