#22 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Man, this is screwing up my blood pressure.

#23 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

What was that shot?

#24 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Too deep of a look, especially considering it was rushed.

#25 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know they were trying to get a shot off before UNC could foul, but that was poor.

#26 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Awful play. Screw Carolina.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

You get your TO and a chance to call a play to get the 3 you need to force OT and that's the shot you take!?! Ugh talk about anticlimactic :(

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

BSL: Terps lose to UNC; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#29 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Appreciate the heart to keep fighting in this game and I loved Turgeon's energy on the sidelines. Too little too late, a lot of Wells' drives he wasn't finishing like he was earlier in the tournament. Would be fun to see them in the tourney but I doubt that's happening.
@DaKittenz

#30 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Good effort. They waited too long to really start going to Len. He was dominant throughout but seemed like he sat too much in the first. Though, maybe that kept him fresh for the 2nd.

Still don't think they make it, but they at least gave the committee something to think about.

#31 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Great game, fellas...I hope you guys get in, there's no doubt you deserve to.
@beginthebegin71

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Ohh, I think there is plenty of doubt about us 'deserving to'... but we will see what happens.

I think Carolina will be generally overlooked tomorrow when the match-ups come out, but I think they will be a tough out.

Look forward to hearing you on MBW next week Seth. Know you will do a great job breaking down the dance.

#33 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ohh, I think there is plenty of doubt about us 'deserving to'... but we will see what happens.

I think Carolina will be generally overlooked tomorrow when the match-ups come out, but I think they will be a tough out.

Look forward to hearing you on MBW next week Seth. Know you will do a great job breaking down the dance.

I think there's no doubt that they're among the 33 or whatever best at large teams. They're playing very well, and could have won today. Two wins over Duke has to mean something, right?

I hope we get the 8 in Gonzaga's region!!!! I expect a 7 somewhere, maybe a 5 or 6 if we win tomorrow.

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm looking forward to it!
@beginthebegin71

#34 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

That last shot by Aronholt was terrible. I get that they didn't want Carolina to foul, but drive for the layup. You can get the two, or get fouled for two shots, and still have a chance at two points, foul Carolina on the inbounds, and still get the ball back with five seconds or so and, worst-case, down three again. Maybe even get a shot at the three-point play. I can't believe that play was drawn up like it happened, for Aronholt or anyone else (apparently it was meant for Wells or Faust).

They did fight, and came back from at least eleven down (last I saw before the last couple minutes). I can see them getting credit from the committee, but I doubt it makes a difference outside of ranking the first few out and NIT seeding.

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

That last shot by Aronholt was terrible. I get that they didn't want Carolina to foul, but drive for the layup. You can get the two, or get fouled for two shots, and still have a chance at two points, foul Carolina on the inbounds, and still get the ball back with five seconds or so and, worst-case, down three again. Maybe even get a shot at the three-point play. I can't believe that play was drawn up like it happened, for Aronholt or anyone else (apparently it was meant for Wells or Faust).

They did fight, and came back from at least eleven down (last I saw before the last couple minutes). I can see them getting credit from the committee, but I doubt it makes a difference outside of ranking the first few out and NIT seeding.

It's not always easy to pull off, but being somewhat of a veteran Aronhalt should have perhaps tried to draw a foul (since UNC would presumably want to do that) while shooting a 3. Then you get 3 FTs to tie it up....or better yet if the shot goes you can take a 1-point lead. At the very least, he could have come off the screen tighter than he did and would have had a closer shot.

#36 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

It's not always easy to pull off, but being somewhat of a veteran Aronhalt should have perhaps tried to draw a foul (since UNC would presumably want to do that) while shooting a 3. Then you get 3 FTs to tie it up....or better yet if the shot goes you can take a 1-point lead. At the very least, he could have come off the screen tighter than he did and would have had a closer shot.

Right. Even a better look from three would have been OK. But that shot at that time was unnecessary.

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Congrats on the win, but I don't think the Terps "deserve to" get a bid. Between the 8-10 conference record, bad ooc schedule, and playing well the previous two games and putting up a pretty good effort today, I'd say they shouldn't be in. If they got in, I would be happy but I'm not expecting it in the least and won't feel like they got snubbed when they likely will miss it.
@levineps

#38 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Tough loss yesterday. The Terps had their chances especially around the basket as they rallied from being down 13 in the second half. No doubt fatigue was a factor here. There is a reason why the higher seeded teams don't win this tournament. Even though Wells was fairly quiet Len and Faust stepped up and took over on offense. You have to admire the effort that the team displayed yesterday even though they came up short.

From what I remember there were 10 seconds left on the clock which means that a three pointer is the appropriate call there considering time and score. If there was more time on the clock with the same deficit then a two and foul could be a good option but not in this case. The final play itself was thrown off by solid Tar Heel defense. Watch again and you'll see that Aaronhalt was the third option off the play. He was forced out further than he wanted which led to a deep try fading away. He certainly had time to put the ball on the floor to get closer but I would have been surprised if he wasn't immediately fouled at that point.

You should be encouraged about the Terps future. A more than respectable showing in the conference tourney should lead to an NIT bid. It isn't what fans want but if used properly it can carry over into next season where an NCAA bid should be the goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=