2487 replies to this topic

#161 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I watched Fox Sports live last night for the second time. The broadcast team is so-so. But In the first 30 minutes they got highlights of every baseball game of the day in. Highlights of the one preseason NFL game. An NFL notable injury round up. Nascar highlights.

Of course they led with the ARod and Red sox story. Ken Rosenthal added his two cents, but then right on to the next game.

That's exactly what I want. No beating a dead horse like the mothership does. I would guarantee the first 30 minutes of SC had 20 minutes of Arod coverage.
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and Markus like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#162 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Fox Sports Live seems to have some potential, for the reasons Mike mentioned.

I was just watching a little bit of Fox Football Daily, which also might have potential, although Urlacher's first comment was awful. When asked about the Le'Veon Bell injury, he said something to the effect of, 'Listen, this is a guy that yeah, we knew who he was, but this isn't a big deal. Other guys will get the job done.' That's pretty brutal to me.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#163 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm loving these Canadian guys.

EDIT: Hah! They just "aboot"ed.

@DJ_McCann

#164 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

Now they threw in a The Soup reference.

I'm in love.

@DJ_McCann

#165 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Now they threw in a The Soup reference. I'm in love.

DJ, make sure you watch/listen to their podcast. Also very funny stuff. First ep is on the Fox Sports Live website and the second should be out soon.

#166 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,513 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

I'm coming around on FS1. We'll see.

I enjoyed The Glove's stories about AI yesterday when they were talking about his retirement.

#167 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I'm rooting for the station. Wish they would replace the athlete "analysts" with people who actually know what they're talking about. Andy Roddick is oblivious, Donovan McNabb doesn't know you can tie in football, and The Glove looks more like The Oven Mitt (stole that). Why not hire someone like Jordan Breen to talk about MMA and get creative with some other hires.

#168 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

How ESPN Manufactures A Story: Colin Kaepernick, Greatest Ever?

@DJ_McCann

#169 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Every time I flip to FOX Sports 1, it's something UFC related...I'm not interested in it, but i do want to give the network a shot.  Is it me, or is there a ton of UFC stuff on there?

@beginthebegin71

#170 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Every time I flip to FOX Sports 1, it's something UFC related...I'm not interested in it, but i do want to give the network a shot.  Is it me, or is there a ton of UFC stuff on there?

That's going to be their bread-and-butter for a while, at least until college basketball starts up.

@DJ_McCann

#171 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Every time I flip to FOX Sports 1, it's something UFC related...I'm not interested in it, but i do want to give the network a shot. Is it me, or is there a ton of UFC stuff on there?

That's the reason it's my new default channel. Like DJ said that's their biggest chip until MLB and college sports get added. But I'm glad it's actually getting respect on a national level.

#172 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

From our pals at ESPN.  And yes this was actually talked about on a show(s) and put on their ticker on the bottom:

The Farmers' Almanac is using words like "piercing cold," "bitterly cold" and "biting cold" to describe the upcoming winter. And if its predictions are right, the first outdoor Super Bowl in years will be a messy "Storm Bowl."

:roll:

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#173 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

From our pals at ESPN.  And yes this was actually talked about on a show(s) and put on their ticker on the bottom:

:roll:

The NFL knew the risk when they gave NY this game, I wouldn't make too much of it, still 5 months away. There could be a blizzard, it could be 55 degrees, it we'll likely be somewhere in between.

@levineps

#174 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

That's the reason it's my new default channel. Like DJ said that's their biggest chip until MLB and college sports get added. But I'm glad it's actually getting respect on a national level.

That's cool if you enjoy, it's just not my thing...College Hoops is my thing , so I'll look forward to that.

• BobPhelan likes this
@beginthebegin71

#175 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

The NFL knew the risk when they gave NY this game, I wouldn't make too much of it, still 5 months away. There could be a blizzard, it could be 55 degrees, it we'll likely be somewhere in between.

Oh no ,I get all that, don't get me wrong.  My issue, if you want to call it that, is ESPN actually taking time on multiples shows/platforms to actually talk about this at all.

Even if it was just for "fun" I don't remember ESPN talking about how multiple sporting events could've possibly been affected by the Mayan Calendar. 

It just struck me as something stupid for them to talk about.  But whatever, it's ESPN so.......

#176 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

They'll have a good bit of college football on Saturdays, starting this week.

#177 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Oh no ,I get all that, don't get me wrong.  My issue, if you want to call it that, is ESPN actually taking time on multiples shows/platforms to actually talk about this at all.

Even if it was just for "fun" I don't remember ESPN talking about how multiple sporting events could've possibly been affected by the Mayan Calendar. 

It just struck me as something stupid for them to talk about.  But whatever, it's ESPN so.......

My comment was directed at ESPN not you.
@levineps

#178 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

My comment was directed at ESPN not you.

Ah okay.  Whew!

#179 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

The Farmer's Almanac is a long-running, successful, reasonably respected publication that people do consult for long-term weather forecasts.

It isn't Skip Bayless going, "I guarantee the Super Bowl will be cancelled by a blizzard!" and ESPN spending the next two days asking every football analyst and player and coach in sight what they think about the prediction.

@DJ_McCann

#180 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

"...and 48 seconds into a show where I promised not to talk about politics, I'm talking about the Governor [Chris Christie] and the President! And I agree with the Governor!"

This is going to be interesting :P

@DJ_McCann

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=