#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Padgett a couple of nice plays on the defensive end, and 2 good drives by Allen and Wells.
Bring more energy guys.
@mikeghg

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Just noticed Turgeon is not wearing a tie. Not sure why that surprises me but it does.

Refs need to make Carter get out of the lane. He is in there all the time.
@mikeghg

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Georgia Tech with a 8-0 run and Terps down 5.
@mikeghg

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Shaq Cleare playing like a man inside tonight. Terps cut 10 point deficit to one, despite horrid play at the point.
@mikeghg

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Maryland falls back again. Down by 5 at half. Allen, Faust and Howard just not getting anything set up on offense.
@mikeghg

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Should be a difficult next 20 minutes. GT hasn't won much at all this year. With them at-home, up 5 at the half... they should be highly motivated/excited about their prospects at adding their 15th win.

Really imperative for MD to play well in the first 5-7 minutes of the 2nd half.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

GT winning on the boards 14-12... Tech has 14 assists on their 16 made baskets. MD has 7 steals.

After 4 turnover in the first 5 minutes, the Terps had just 3 over the next 15.

#28 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

This team makes me want to put my head through a wall sometimes...
@brobey1

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

GT winning on the boards 14-12... Tech has 14 assists on their 16 made baskets. MD has 7 steals.

After 4 turnover in the first 5 minutes, the Terps had just 3 over the next 15.

You were spot on about the Turnover strength for the Terps being mitigated by this GT team in your pre-game analysis.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#30 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

So, what's everybody going to be doing for the last couple of weekends in March? :P

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

You were spot on about the Turnover strength for the Terps being mitigated by this GT team in your pre-game analysis.

I get no credit for any analysis tonight. I thought MD was due to play well on the road, and win fairly comfortably. Terps might still win, but going to have to scratch and claw. Coming out to start the 2nd half, and seeing the GT lead balloon back to 10 sucks.

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I get no credit for any analysis tonight. I thought MD was due to play well on the road, and win fairly comfortably. Terps might still win, but going to have to scratch and claw. Coming out to start the 2nd half, and seeing the GT lead balloon back to 10 sucks.

But you did say the one thing that gave you pause was GT's rebounding. I think we all thought they'd play better than this, but it's also not terribly surprising.

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Terps down 49-39 with 16 minutes left in the 2nd half.

MD up to 10 turnovers. Still losing on the boards 17-14. MD is 1 for 7 from 3... need to get to the foul line more.

#34 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I mean, they just stink on the road. They're absolutely a bottom-tier ACC team on the road.

I said after they won at VT that I had no expectations of them winning another road game on the year.

This one's not over, but certainly doesn't look good down 14 under 12.

BTW, GT doing their best BC impression from the line. 11-11 so far.

#35 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I guess maybe the awful play on the road can be attributed to youth, but damn if it doesn't feel like Turgeon just somehow can't get through to these guys. Hell, even in the Duke game, they made SO many mental errors. I don't know, but this has been some awful basketball. The fact that they might lose by only around 10 is indicative of the fact the GT is not a good team. Playing a good team and they're down 20 right now.

@AdamWolff

#36 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

And boy, Dez just got robbed of a really impressive block. Definitely not a goaltend.

@AdamWolff

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

F this team. And I really, really wanted to spell out the F word.
  • SportsGuy likes this

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

BSL: MD stung in Atlanta; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

It was an unmitigated disaster for the University of Maryland Terrapins in Atlanta tonight. Facing the Yellow Jackets (who entered the game 14-12 overall, 4-10 in the Atlantic Coast Conference, with a Real Time RPI of 140), it was a necessity for Maryland to leave Georgia Tech with a win, to keep their hopes of dancing in the NCAA Tournament alive.

Even if you think MD still has a chance to be on the bubble with wins at Wake Forest, home vs. UNC, at UVA, and a couple of wins in the ACC Tournament; the bottom-line is that if you can not beat Georgia Tech, you don’t really deserve to be selected for the NCAAT.

With the 78-68 loss, the Terps fall to an abysmal 1-6 on the road in Conference play. (19-8 overall, 7-8 in the ACC.) After losing at Boston College last week, I would have expected to Maryland to play with more urgency from the opening tip tonight.

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Team sucks (SUCKS!) on the road.

See ya next year.

/Analysis

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#40 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

This is easily my least favorite Maryland team of all time. There have been some worse teams (though not many) in the 20 years or so that I've been watching, but this is my least favorite.

Just as a group they are so unbelievably bad at knowing how they are supposed to play. It seems so incredible that nobody who handles the ball has any basketball intelligence. Bad shots, bad passes, bad decisions, unforced turnovers, and Turgeon has been completely unable to get anybody to stop playing with such recklessness.

I think Turgeon will get the program to the level it should be at, but it won't be with this class of players. They'll probably make the tournament the next couple years, but just barely. They won't be a legit Sweet 16 and Final 4 contending type team until we get more turnover and get rid of most of these guys and get some guys who have this type of athleticism but also with some amount of basketball sense. Unless they all get lobotomies or something, maybe they can learn how to play and be impressive, but I don't see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=