#1481 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 October 2023 - 03:24 PM

MLS Playoff bracket is set. I'll have my preview up in a day or two. 

#1482 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 October 2023 - 02:46 PM

https://baltimorespo...f-firsts-again/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1483 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 25 October 2023 - 09:37 AM

394730738_892606975559557_70254977434458

• BSLChrisStoner and DuffMan like this

#1484 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 October 2023 - 08:57 AM

Wild Card round went according to script.

Red Bulls got their attack going and trounced Charlotte 5-2.

Sporting KC had nothing but San Jose had less and still sucks on the road. 0 - 0 with Sporting winning on penalties.

Red Bulls attack woke up and if they do so against Cincy it could be interesting. 

Sporting hates St. Louis so if nothing else it could be a very entertaining match....well unless you happen to be the Center Ref. Poor guy is going to have his hands full....LOL

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1485 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 02 November 2023 - 07:20 AM

Well the first leg of the Round One Best of 3 series have all been completed. And so far every one has gone according to script. Except one and its a stunner.

SKC went into St. Louis and ripped them a new one 4-1. In my preview, although I predicted St Louis to move on, I warned fans to be careful of Sporting and that they could go in to St Louis and pull of the road win. Not shocked they did but sure shocked it was such a thumping. Now St. Louis has to go to Sporting and return the upset favor.

#1486 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 11:57 AM

Well the first leg of the Round One Best of 3 series have all been completed. And so far every one has gone according to script. Except one and its a stunner.

SKC went into St. Louis and ripped them a new one 4-1. In my preview, although I predicted St Louis to move on, I warned fans to be careful of Sporting and that they could go in to St Louis and pull of the road win. Not shocked they did but sure shocked it was such a thumping. Now St. Louis has to go to Sporting and return the upset favor.

I think they said on the broadcast KC has the most wins in MLS in the last 3-4 months? Seems akin to when the Ravens lost to the Titans in 2019. The Titans finished the season 9-1 after inserting Tannehill in as QB, but thanks to an abysmal start, they were good enough for the 6th and final seed. Probably the best 6 seed in NFL history. 

Rivalry game, and the hottest team in the league is an 8 seed, not that surprised either. 

Gioacchini should have been starting too. I am new to getting into this, but from what I've seen from him I don't know why he was benched. 

Must win in "Blue Hell" coming up.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1487 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 05 November 2023 - 07:49 PM

SKC pulled it off and St. Louis goes home with their head hung low.

Cincy moves on but the Red Bull game them a tight match and hit had to go to penalties.

Dallas held serve at home against the Sounders so back to Seattle for Game 3 on the 10th. Lumen field is going to be rocking, But siome bad news for Dallas fans. Alan Velasco had to be subbed off in the first half and its confirmed he has a torn ACL and is undergoing surgery.

#1488 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 01:13 AM

There is no benefit to being the 1 seed. You should try to be the 8 or 9 seed and keep the momentum going.

Am I doing this right, fellow O’s fans? :)
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1489 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 November 2023 - 12:15 PM

Suarez set to join Messi in Miami next season.

#1490 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 November 2023 - 05:38 PM

Conference Semi Finals are set. My bracket prediction solid. Only SKC pulled an upset and bettors were warned about that matchup with St. Louis.  Next matches not until November 25th. MLS was smart and shutdown for almost 2 weeks over the international window.

#1491 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 11:05 AM

CBS Sports: MLS Cup Playoffs: Seattle Sounders, FC Cincinnati and LAFC among the favorites with eight teams remaining

https://www.cbssport...eams-remaining/

#1492 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 11:19 AM

ESPN: MLS Cup playoffs conference semis: Who will make final four?

https://www.espn.com...make-final-four

#1493 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 November 2023 - 08:31 AM

Cincy over Philly and Columbus over Orlando so those two face off for the Eastern Conference final.

Sporting KC faces Houston and Seattle hosts LAFC today and those winners will face off for the Western Confernce final.

Go Sounders.

#1494 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:06 AM

ESPN: LAFC returns to MLS Cup, will face Columbus

#1495 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 08:12 AM

ESPN: MLS Cup playoffs talking points: Columbus' super-subs deliver wild comeback, Hollingshead shines for LAFC

#1496 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:19 AM

ESPN: Crew stay true to identity to land 3rd MLS Cup

#1497 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:16 PM

The final yesterday was a killer fun match. Columbus came out firing the first half then toughed out the second half to hold on. Poured rain a bunch during the match but that didn't seem to curb the enthusiasm for the players or the Crew fans.

#1498 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:23 AM

#1499 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:12 PM

Went to the CONCACAF first round match in STL. A friend of a friend has season tickets in the cheering section. It’s serious. To buy those tickets you have to be sponsored by a club in town who is also in the section, and before you sell a ticket you have to prove to your sponsor that it’s not for profit and not for the away team.

For $35 I stood 5 rows behind the goal, and sung songs the whole game. CITY scored a game winner in front of us in about the 89th minute.

I’m spoiled. Other than game 2 in 2014, there hasn’t been a better sporting experience in my life. And I’ve been lucky enough to enjoy Os, Ravens, Cards, and STL CITY games from a suite. It’s a whole different vibe in the cheering section. The first MLB team to adopt such a thing, other than silence for 90% of the game, until something happens, will be gold.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLSteveBirrer like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1500 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:16 PM

Even at high profile Ravens games I’ve been told to sit down, because the people behind me wanted to sit. Everyone at this game stands 100% of the game.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=