360 replies to this topic

#101 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

I'd say way down, except for the last game where the fans come in and trash the place.
@BSLMikeRandall

#102 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Heard this morning that the Raiders were last in generating revenue...they only brought in 307M in revenue outside of the Tv/radio money.

Dallas was more than double that.

The new stadium would have been split between the As and Raiders...since not all the revenue would be going to the Raiders, the owners decided they need to make more money, thus why they are moving.

#103 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Heard this morning that the Raiders were last in generating revenue...they only brought in 307M in revenue outside of the Tv/radio money.

Dallas was more than double that.

The new stadium would have been split between the As and Raiders...since not all the revenue would be going to the Raiders, the owners decided they need to make more money, thus why they are moving.

230279.gif?b64lines=

• SportsGuy and Markus like this

#104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

This probably isn't good for the A's either.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#105 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

This probably isn't good for the A's either.

The opposite. It's very good for them.

@fuzydunlop

#106 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Oh. 

OK.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#107 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Oh.    OK.
Ha sorry. I read an article about it yesterday. Should allow them to stop being teased about a stadium being built since it didn't get through with 2 sports trying.

@fuzydunlop

#108 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

You guys all know I am all for people making as much money as they can. It's everyone's right to work as hard and smart as possible and make everything they can.

But something about this is just slimey to me. I look at sports a little differently. Maybe I'm wrong for doing that or even hypocritical but it's still how I view things.

To sit there and say, they are ONLY making 300M in revenue, therefore we have to rip the team out of the city they are known for and away from the fans that love them. That just rubs me the wrong way especially when you consider the amount of money these guys are making.

#109 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Basically, the A's and the Raiders wanted to build on the Coliseum site (well, the A's want to build in downtown Oakland, but there's no reasonable location that they can find). Oakland gave the Raiders first dibs, but since the city won't pay, they're leaving (and one city councilman is apparently looking into voiding the remaining options on their lease, which would be hilarious). Now the A's are left, and they are willing to pay--mostly--for their own place.

Since the Warriors are headed across the bay in a year or two, the A's will have that whole area to build up, plus the whole East Bay to themselves. I'm thinking that they are ecstatic.

Frankly, the city ought to give them permission to at least demolish Mount Davis immediately, since the Raiders are much more likely to end up with blackouts than Black Outs for their games anytime soon.

I'd say way down, except for the last game where the fans come in and trash the place.

There's a sociopathic part of me that cannot wait for that, because that is going to be the biggest disaster in the history of the NFL. I can't see how anyone associated with the franchise makes it out alive.

@DJ_McCann

#110 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

There's a sociopathic part of me that cannot wait for that, because that is going to be the biggest disaster in the history of the NFL. I can't see how anyone associated with the franchise makes it out alive.

The Raiders would have been better off leaving in the middle of the night. Who is actually going to those games as a raiders fan knowing they are leaving? As good as the Raiders got this year, imagine if they hosted the AFC title game for their last home game and no one went. Lol. Has anyone won a championship then skipped town?

Seriously, people are going to die at that game. Impaled by seats and other objects flying out of the upper deck. Might as well just have it be 12 pack D-size battery giveaway day and save everyone a few bucks.
@BSLMikeRandall

#111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

ESPN: Sin City Or Bust
http://www.espn.com/...iders-las-vegas

#112 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

MMQB: Raiders Aren’t Getting Ahead of Things

#113 BSLJasonBHirschhorn

BSLJasonBHirschhorn

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

MMQB: Raiders Aren’t Getting Ahead of Things

Not enough was said this past season about how the Raiders outperformed expectations despite the prospect of relocation looming over them the entire time. Most teams fold in those circumstances, and the Raiders nearly won their division and perhaps would have lasted deep into the playoffs if not for Derek Carr's leg injury.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

Jason B. Hirschhorn is the co-founder of The Leap and an award-winning sportswriter with bylines at NFL.com, SB Nation, Sports Illustrated, and other major outlets. He is also a Pro Football Writers of America member. Follow him on Twitter: @by_JBH

#114 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

CBS Sports: Derek Carr says deal to make him NFL's highest-paid quarterback is not done yet
http://www.cbssports...s-not-done-yet/

#115 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Sports on Earth: Carr Contract Claims Don't Add Up
http://www.sportsone...rr-new-contract

#116 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

SI: Raiders Are Going Full Beast Mode in 2017

#117 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

CBS Sports: Raiders burning question: Will it matter if Beast Mode doesn't turn back clock?
https://www.cbssport...urn-back-clock/

#118 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

The Ringer: The Raiders Can’t Contend if Derek Carr’s Back Injury Costs Him Time

#119 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,167 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

SI: Horribly Disappointing Raiders Have Only Themselves to Blame

#120 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Raiders are going to offer a massive contract to Gruden, including part ownership.

Never have understood the fascination with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=