#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hold on, Logan and Jake with 3's and Shaq with a layup. Terps up 5.

I just mean in general, winning this game by less than 15 at home is not remotely impressive.

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Maryland with an actual run going on. Faust a good drive and Wells a nice feed to Len for a dunk. Up 8
@mikeghg

#23 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I just mean in general, winning this game by less than 15 at home is not remotely impressive.

Impressive? No.

Something to be ashamed of? No.

BC is solid, much better than given credit for early in the year. I wish we could combine our front court with their guards.

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Impressive? No.

Something to be ashamed of? No.

BC is solid, much better than given credit for early in the year. I wish we could combine our front court with their guards.

I hear ya, I'm just losing patience a bit in terms of this team getting to where I expected them to be. That said, my expectations were obviously not set in reality. It is what it is. Glad to see them gut this one out, hopefully.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

You are expecting too much IMO. A win works here. The lack of a PG is a real problem and BC has played a lot of close games.

Terps up 4 with 2 minutes to go.
@mikeghg

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,894 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

You are expecting too much IMO. A win works here. The lack of a PG is a real problem and BC has played a lot of close games.

Terps up 4 with 2 minutes to go.

Yeah, I am... I predicted 14-4 going into ACC play. Oops. I'm in the process of re-adjusting my expectations, because at this point I'm just not very encouraged. I am pleased to grab a win here nevertheless.

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Horrible turnover by Faust. Md. up 5 with 26 seconds left. BC ball
@mikeghg

#28 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I hear ya, I'm just losing patience a bit in terms of this team getting to where I expected them to be. That said, my expectations were obviously not set in reality. It is what it is. Glad to see them gut this one out, hopefully.

Trust me, I don't blame you. It's a frustrating team to watch at times.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I am... I predicted 14-4 going into ACC play. Oops. I'm in the process of re-adjusting my expectations, because at this point I'm just not very encouraged. I am pleased to grab a win here nevertheless.

Yea, I think we all underestimated the liabilities of the team. I originally said 10-8 but got caught up and changed to 12-6. Faust makes amends and steals the ball back. Maryland up 5 with 12 seconds. Layman makes first of a one and one.
@mikeghg

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

BC nails another 3 to cut lead to 3.
@mikeghg

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Faust makes 2 to put Terps up 5 with 4.2 left and a missed 3 and terps get a must win game.
@mikeghg

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

BSL: Terps over BC; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#33 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Glad to see them lock down the win, but I have to admit...

I'm a little thankful that I have a cub scout event with my son on Saturday and am going to miss the bloodbath at Duke.

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm a little thankful that I have a cub scout event with my son on Saturday and am going to miss the bloodbath at Duke.

You are probably the lucky one.
@mikeghg

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Going to be a lot of on the ball pressure from K. Obviously going to be tough to deal with.

Will need huge games from Len, Cleare, and Mitchell. They need to be very strong inside. Layman, Aronhalt, and Allen have to hit some shots. Hopefully we see Faust continue to attack with the ball in his hands, and Wells facilitate like he did tonight.

Have to get to the line, and limit Duke's trip to the charity stripe.

I would expect a comfortable Duke win, but I wouldn't concede the game before it's played.

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I thought the Terps played pretty well over the final 10 minutes or so. Was pretty ugly up until then, but they did a lot of smart things from about the 10 minute point on, up until Faust dribbled the ball out of bounds with no pressure on him with 30 seconds left. I was surprised to see them not pull away despite playing well. I think it still boils down to just not being able to finish good looks. How many point blank shots did they miss?

Also, at this point, any mistakes Pe'shon makes are on Turgeon, not him. He shouldn't be playing more than a handful of minutes a game. 20 minutes from him is way too much and could only be justified by trying to jumpstart him into playing better during a game we should have been able to win even with a liability like him playing half the game. He'd be the last guy in the rotation for me, behind even Aronhalt.

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 159,072 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Also, at this point, any mistakes Pe'shon makes are on Turgeon, not him.

One thing that should not happen again this year, is having both Howard and Padgett on the court at the same time. I still think both players can do some things to help a team in spots, but their offensive limitations are so clear; you can't let the other guys be playing 3 on 5 on offense.

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

One thing that should not happen again this year, is having both Howard and Padgett on the court at the same time. I still think both players can do some things to help a team in spots, but their offensive limitations are so clear; you can't let the other guys be playing 3 on 5 on offense.

I agree. I still have some hope that Padgett can be somewhat useful, he seemingly played better last year, but I definitely don't like both of those guys on the court at the same time. Need more offensive threats.

I know we've got a 10-man rotation, but aside from Logan's ability to shoot threes, Aronhalt, Padgett, and Howard (also the only upper classmen) are all pretty questionable as ACC-caliber players. It's the freshman and sophomores who we're gonna need to continue to see improvement out of to make the noise we were hoping the team can this season. At least with young players, there is a reason to expect that can improve as the year goes on.

#39 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Just gonna say it. The sooner we clear out the rest of Gary's trash the better we will be.

#40 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I would expect a comfortable Duke win, but I wouldn't concede the game before it's played.

I never really concede anything as a fan, I always hold out hope that my team will play well.

In fact, if we had anyone, and I mean anyone, who I felt comfortable with handling the ball, I'd think we'd match up pretty well with Duke.

But as it is, Faust and Wells will probably be good for about 5 turnovers each by themselves. Throw in a few offensive fouls as well. Howard should not be playing. Allen just can't buy a shot right now and is best off the ball.

Now, defensively, I actually think we match up quite well. Len can neutralize Plumlee with help from Mitchell and Cleare. Faust, Wells and Layman can bother their perimeter guys.

I just don't see any way we break the 60 point barrier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=