• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think Bob Kraft is one of the better owners in the NFL, I can't say the same for the rest of the organization.

Completely classless statement coming from her. RL has his critics, fairly or unfairly, but that should be left to the media and fans NOT organization officials and their spouses.

TO be fair, I am fine with Kraft. Durign my post, I had forgotten that he went in to the Ravens' locker room and congratulated the team.

But Belichick on down, I do not approve of.

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Pollard is right but I doubt whether it will happen. Brady never gets called on his temper tantrums.
@mikeghg

#83 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

TO be fair, I am fine with Kraft. Durign my post, I had forgotten that he went in to the Ravens' locker room and congratulated the team.

But Belichick on down, I do not approve of.

I didn't even know that, he also personally congratulated Arian Foster last week.

Not fan of Belichick, Brady, and many other players either.
@levineps

#84 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

ESPN: Wes Welker's wife apologizes

http://espn.go.com/b...-lewis-comments

Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks:

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

@levineps

#85 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

ESPN: Wes Welker's wife apologizes

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#86 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

http://espn.go.com/b... ... fl-sources

I'd be shocked if they fine him. They should, but they won't.

Posted Image

#87 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I think he'll get fined. Keep in mind that this kick generated a $30,000 fine. Granted, Suh has priors...

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#88 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8868249/2013-nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-slide-being-reviewed-nfl-sources

I'd be shocked if they fine him. They should, but they won't.

Posted Image

http://espn.go.com/e... ... ng-rivalry

Tom Brady is flushed from the pocket, rolls left, and has a decent chance to gain the first down by running. But perhaps he knows Baltimore is furious that at the end of the first half, running in the same spot on the field, he started to slide, then raised his foot high and seemed to try to injure Baltimore's Ed Reed with his spikes. The Ravens were furious about that play -- and Brady may know that it means the next time he becomes a runner, the Ravens will reply with no-holds-barred hits. Brady doesn't want to be hit hard, so he throws the ball away. He throws the ball away on fourth down! Sour.

Later in the article Easterbrook goes onto mention that he thought the Brady slide was dirty.

#89 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think he was trying to "buy" a roughing the passer call by forcing Ed to contact him, moreso than trying to injure or attack Ed with the kick. Cheap, but not exactly dirty. I do expect a small token fine for him. Maybe $10-15k.

#90 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Don Banks:

Ravens make it 6 times in 8 yrs a 4-5-6 seed makes the SB, since Pitts in '05 started trend. Those teams 4-1 in the SB:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=