#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Duq keeps pointing out Casillas range and how he thinks he can be above average.

#22 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Duq keeps pointing out Casillas range and how he thinks he can be above average.

Yeah, but what does it mean? lol

Is Casilla anything more than the backup 2B/SS heading into ST? I do believe he gets first crack at the job if BRob looks awful this spring or gets hurt.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, but what does it mean? lol

Is Casilla anything more than the backup 2B/SS heading into ST? I do believe he gets first crack at the job if BRob looks awful this spring or gets hurt.

It says to me that BRob may be an afterthought in his mind.

#24 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

It says to me that BRob may be an afterthought in his mind.

What do you mean by afterthought. I think you have to listen to both Buck and Duquette and put 2+2 together. It's true, I haven't seen Duquette talk much about BRob while Showalter says good things about him like he's going to be the 2B. If Duquette doesn't cut Roberts then I'm pretty sure Buck starts Roberts to start the season. You think it's already a foregone conclusion in Duquette's mind that Roberts isn't heading north with the team?

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

What do you mean by afterthought. I think you have to listen to both Buck and Duquette and put 2+2 together. It's true, I haven't seen Duquette talk much about BRob while Showalter says good things about him like he's going to be the 2B. If Duquette doesn't cut Roberts then I'm pretty sure Buck starts Roberts to start the season. You think it's already a foregone conclusion in Duquette's mind that Roberts isn't heading north with the team?

An afterthought meaning I think Duq believes Casilla gets the majority of the starts at second base this year.

I would expect Buck to say good things about BRob.

Now, I do believe if BRob is healthy, that he is the second baseman on OD but I think DD is writing him off as a productive everyday player.

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

No problem. We have a clear fundamental difference here. Showalter's comments carry more weight with me. I think Reimold has the oppurtunity in the spring to show that he's healthy and swinging the bat well. IF he does, I think he has a starting job either in LF or at DH. I previously thought LF was McLouth's to lose but I no longer feel that way.

Yeah, I'm not sure where, but I think Nolan will have a shot to get reg ABs out of the gate if he performs well in ST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=