Photo

Camden Chat: Will the O's def be better in '13?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Camden Chat: Will the O's defense be better in '13?
http://www.camdencha...e-manny-machado

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

MASN: The Case for the Defense
http://www.masnsport...-defense-3.html

#3 TomPeace

TomPeace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

The way this front office works and makes moves leading up until spring training, its tough to even say right now if the Orioles will def be better in 2013. Though, as Jeff Long and I talked about on my show, the Birds will be healthy and have younger guys primed to play a full season. That in itself makes me feel confident about this ballclub in 2013.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

The way this front office works and makes moves leading up until spring training, its tough to even say right now if the Orioles will def be better in 2013. Though, as Jeff Long and I talked about on my show, the Birds will be healthy and have younger guys primed to play a full season. That in itself makes me feel confident about this ballclub in 2013.

To be clear, I shortened the title - but it was will the 'defense' be better, not will the O's definitely be better.

Casilla at 2nd should make a difference, as should full years of Nate (even in platoon with Reimold), and Machado.

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

To be clear, I shortened the title - but it was will the 'defense' be better, not will the O's definitely be better.

Casilla at 2nd should make a difference, as should full years of Nate (even in platoon with Reimold), and Machado.

I agree, I am not sure the D will be better than what we saw at the end of last year but based on a full 162 games then we should be improved.
The first thing they need to do in spring training is have a yard sale and sell all Betemit's gloves. That should protect our defense.
@mikeghg

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, it should be much better over the course of the entire season at 3B and there likely will be an improvement in LF. 2B is possible depending on who gets the lion share of the playing time, with Casilla being the best choice by far in regards to defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=