#81 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:31 AM

I mean I've never had a conversation with the guy so I don't know anything about his character... but I think draft pundits are over thinking Okafor. I'm convinced he is going to be a star in the NBA. He's poised under pressure and his offensive game is too polished. And so much room yet to develop. I don't take his chill demeanor as lacking drive. He had enough drive to light up the college basketball world and win a title his freshman year.

#82 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,437 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

Actually forget all that.

Draft pickz.

I know you're doing shtick here but I'd much rather have a proven guy like Cousins than Okafor. The issue is also including Randle. Also the Lakers are rebuilding so it's a steep price to pay.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#83 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

I mean I've never had a conversation with the guy so I don't know anything about his character... but I think draft pundits are over thinking Okafor. I'm convinced he is going to be a star in the NBA. He's poised under pressure and his offensive game is too polished. And so much room yet to develop. I don't take his chill demeanor as lacking drive. He had enough drive to light up the college basketball world and win a title his freshman year.

He is an NBA ready post player.

The issues are foul shooting(which is real but the shot isn;t bad and they will start to go in IMO) and the defense.  In the "new NBA", his defense on pick and rolls is an issue.  

But, he can get better, get in better shape and learn.

Doing that and having a great offensive low post game is pretty huge IMO.

#84 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

I know you're doing shtick here but I'd much rather have a proven guy like Cousins than Okafor. The issue is also including Randle. Also the Lakers are rebuilding so it's a steep price to pay.

Well, the issue is Cousins and his attitude.  Heard Broussard say this morning that 3 GMs he talked to wouldn't touch him.

THis isn't just a great player...this is a great player with a ton of baggage.

#85 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Actually forget all that.

Draft pickz.

Well rebuild around Cousins and a bunch of cap space. I do wonder how Cousins and Kobe would mesh.

Maybe they could deal Randle, the #2, and #27 and get the #6 back with Cousins. Would you do that if it were on the table? What if you had to deal Clarkson?

#86 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,437 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

Well rebuild around Cousins and a bunch of cap space. I do wonder how Cousins and Kobe would mesh.

Maybe they could deal Randle, the #2, and #27 and get the #6 back with Cousins. Would you do that if it were on the table? What if you had to deal Clarkson?

If I got the 6 back I would definitely do that deal and include Clarkson. Should be a very interesting night.

@bopper33

#87 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

Well it's not like people aren't high on him, most just don't think he's the best prospect and maybe not the 2nd or 3rd prospect in a year with some tantalizing top of the draft players. Like Rob said, defense is the main issue. If you get an Al Jefferson type, that's fine, but not exactly what you'd hope for with that pick.

#88 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

From what I've read, it seems Karl just doesn't like Cousins. I think something gets done. But it could be post draft, a la Wiggins last year.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

If the 6th pick is on the table, that makes it more enticing because you still end up with a very good talent.

That being said, do you want to gamble your franchise on Cousins? And what if he doesn't sign a long term deal..you end up with the Howard situation all over again.

What I don't get is why the Kings are saying no to this.

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

If you could somehow get Cousins and Winslow tonight... man... that's a pretty damn great night.

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Yea, Winslow is the potential explosive star in this draft IMO.  A potential star on both ends of the floor.

Im still staying away from Cousins though.

#92 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

If the 6th pick is on the table, that makes it more enticing because you still end up with a very good talent.

That being said, do you want to gamble your franchise on Cousins? And what if he doesn't sign a long term deal..you end up with the Howard situation all over again.

What I don't get is why the Kings are saying no to this.

You gamble your franchise because he can be a top 5 player for a long time to come, which is why the Kings are saying no.

I also think the baggage is overblown. He was doing really well in all respects this year until out of nowhere they fired their coach that was doing a fine job and that Boogie really liked.

#93 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

You gamble your franchise because he can be a top 5 player for a long time to come, which is why the Kings are saying no.

I also think the baggage is overblown. He was doing really well in all respects this year until out of nowhere they fired their coach that was doing a fine job and that Boogie really liked.

Yea, he got along with Malone.

Still, even with him "improving" teams are saying they wouldn't touch him.

Scary guy to put the future of your franchise in.

Great talent though and maybe he is maturing...he is still only 24.

#94 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

If Malone isn't fired I think his reputation today would be much better. I'm not that concerned about him. He's the new Zach Randolph in this respect imo.

#95 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

Kings may fire Karl over all of this.

#96 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

CBS Sports: Offseason Report: Talented, rebuilt, are Kings near relevance?

http://www.cbssports...gs-to-relevance

#97 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

So Boogie cursed out Karl, Karl tried to suspend him, but Vlade stepped in and said no. Does Karl make it to December? Does he even want to? What a shitshow.

#98 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,437 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

lol. Unreal.

@bopper33

#99 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,437 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

"Tried to suspend him." Screw the Queens.

@bopper33

#100 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

So Boogie cursed out Karl, Karl tried to suspend him, but Vlade stepped in and said no. Does Karl make it to December? Does he even want to? What a shitshow.

Karl should step down.

SacTown is becoming the worst organization in the NBA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=