20 replies to this topic

#21 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I really do not agree that Reddick and Cespedes are better than our two best. If Reddick were here we would be pointing to his struggles later in the year and wondering if his homer barrage was a one year fluke. I really like Cespedes but wonder if the league will adjust.
I firmly believe that we think players on the other teams are better because we do not see them everyday. We see our guys every day and see the good and the bad. Oakland has good young pitching but I have to wonder if our pitching, especially the young guys would have better numbers if it had the benefit of playing in the Yellow stone park of baseball stadiums.
As for the Orioles being the 4th best team, I am not even sure that holds true on paper. Anyway, as the saying goes, that is why they play the games.

I'd like to hear why you think the Jays, Yanks &/or Rays aren't all better than the O's on paper.

I think they all are, but like you said, that's why they play the games. The O's are more likely to outperform their expectations, where the others are more likely to underperform IMO.
@JeffLongBP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=