SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Btw, the refs were awful today.

Still don't understand why Jacoby didn't score there.

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Btw, the refs were awful today.

Still don't understand why Jacoby didn't score there.

Pioria, the former head of the NFL refs, said it should have been a TD.

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Pioria, the former head of the NFL refs, said it should have been a TD.

No reason for them to call it otherwise.

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just can't get over how brilliant this team was today.

The penalties were an issue even if some of them were bs.

#25 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Very impressed with the subtle changes to the offense today. Flacco hasn't looked this comfortable or confident in weeks. Though it helps when you get time from your line.

Boldin used in the slot was tough over the middle of the field. The HB middle screen to Rice was deadly as well.

Establish Rice early then use play-action to hit intermediate and deep throws.

Many pass plays were designed to be quick drops and quick strikes. I also noticed receivers running past the sticks on routes and ditching the "catch and run" technique Cam was well loathed for.

As much as the league is pass-happy this offense operates best when running the football and working various actions in the passing game off Rice/Pierce. Play-action, sliding the pocket, quick strikes, and the long ball were all effective today.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#26 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Very impressed with the subtle changes to the offense today. Flacco hasn't looked this comfortable or confident in weeks. Though it helps when you get time from your line.

Boldin used in the slot was tough over the middle of the field. The HB middle screen to Rice was deadly as well.

Establish Rice early then use play-action to hit intermediate and deep throws.

Many pass plays were designed to be quick drops and quick strikes. I also noticed receivers running past the sticks on routes and ditching the "catch and run" technique Cam was well loathed for.

As much as the league is pass-happy this offense operates best when running the football and working various actions in the passing game off Rice/Pierce. Play-action, sliding the pocket, quick strikes, and the long ball were all effective today.

They used the middle of the field...made Lbers cover Rbs and WRs...just like other teams do to us.

Loved the entire play calling today.

A lot of very simple 4-7 yard pass plays for first downs.

You noticed there wasn't a lot of, heave the ball down the field and run as fast as you can plays.

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Great game by the Ravens today and also in a form that they really needed.
1. Flacco was terrific and as some here mentioned, the play calling was different. Loved the balls over the middle, and loved the crossing route to Rice. Joe hit him right in stride, Ray did the rest.
2. OLine was very good. The only sack was on the strange boot leg try on the goal line.
3. DB's played very well. Chykie Brown and Graham were good and Ed Reed provided a lot of help over the top.
4. A few creative blitzes including one from Omar Brown and one from Ellerbe who had it taken away on what looked like a bad call.
The Ravens dominated and that was much needed. Frankly, I was doubtful that this team could win in this form.
What a difference a week makes.
@mikeghg

#28 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I don't think the Ravens can win in Denver.

Would much rather play Houston or NE. I think the Ravens match up better with NE, but I'd rather play Houston because of their inexperience in big games and their lack of Tom Brady.
@PeterDiLutis

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I don't think the Ravens can win in Denver.

Would much rather play Houston or NE. I think the Ravens match up better with NE, but I'd rather play Houston because of their inexperience in big games and their lack of Tom Brady.

I really do not like the matchups with any of the three but hopefully we can get our guys back and make a run.
Honestly, I was wondering if we had a game like yesterdays left in us this year, and we did so maybe we with the troops returning have a run in us too.
The one thing I know is we are getting a shot at it, unlike someone else in the AFC North.
@mikeghg

#30 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Agreed. Peyton Manning gets all the pub in Denver but that defense is fast and aggressive. I'd much rather travel to Houston or New England in the next round. For me it's all about the lineplay and Baltimore hasn't played well against the Texans or Broncos in that department. A game against the Pats would mean another high scoring affair where the offense would need to carry the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=