http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,831 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Amazing performance today. Completely changes my outlook for the rest of the season and gets me much more excited for the playoffs after 5-6 straight mediocre or downright bad performances. Rivals the Bengals game for best performance of the season (Oak was a bigger blowout, but they are too bad to make that a more impressive victory than today or the opener).

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

The "must win" phrase gets overused, but that was as close to a must win as it could get for the Ravens. That they answered it so emphatically is very encouraging.

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Amazing performance today. Completely changes my outlook for the rest of the season and gets me much more excited for the playoffs after 5-6 straight mediocre or downright bad performances. Rivals the Bengals game for best performance of the season (Oak was a bigger blowout, but they are too bad to make that a more impressive victory than today or the opener).

Yeah, this has to make you guys much more optimistic going forward. They should be able to beat the Colts in Baltimore and then they'll likely go to Houston right? Houston would be the best team to play imo as they're the weakest of the top 3 teams.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

The "must win" phrase gets overused, but that was as close to a must win as it could get for the Ravens. That they answered it so emphatically is very encouraging.

Yep, absolutely. It is not just that they won, it is how they won.

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, this has to make you guys much more optimistic going forward. They should be able to beat the Colts in Baltimore and then they'll likely go to Houston right? Houston would be the best team to play imo as they're the weakest of the top 3 teams.

Houston has to win at Indy next week, otherwise they'd have to go to Denver, who have a scrimmage at home versus KC next week.

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Indy is locked into the #5 seed. it will be interesting to see if they play to beat Houston. I would def rather play Hou. Den is by far the worst matchup for the Ravens.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Houston has to win at Indy next week, otherwise they'd have to go to Denver, who have a scrimmage at home versus KC next week.

So I guess all the Ravens fans but Stoner will be rooting for Houston next week. :lol:

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,831 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Well we will probably rest players and lose next week which makes us the #4 seed (or if both us and NE win). If the Ravens win and Patriots lose, then the Ravens are the #3 by virtue of their head-to-head victory.

The Bengals are 9-6 and the Colts 10-5. Even if the Bengals win and Colts lose, If that happens, then Cincy goes to 10-6. Indy is the #5 and Cincy is the #6 regardless of the outcomes, though, because Indianapolis would hold the common-opponents tiebreaker over Cincinnati (they would have identical conference records).

I can't imagine NE losing to Miami. If they win and either Houston or Denver loses, then they'll get a bye as they have the tie-breaker over each. So it's pretty likely that the Ravens are the #4 seed and will host the Colts in the first round. It will then depend on who wins the #3/#6 game to determine where the Ravens travel to for the 2nd weekend if they win.

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

So I guess all the Ravens fans but Stoner will be rooting for Houston next week. :lol:

Count me among the Texans fans next week. Houston or Denver? Choice is pretty easy if you ask me.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,172 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Nah, I'd rather go back to Houston for a 2nd time, vs. having to go to Denver. Manning at home, with Miller and Dumervile as pass rushers (with the crowd noise) would not be a good combo to deal with. While blown out in Houston, the Ravens had the experience of going there, and I think that helps. That said, as we discussed in the other thread, I do think Houston has more overall talent than Denver.

Either way, it is a very difficult match-up. You ultimately don't care who you play, and you focus on controlling what you can control.

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Best game of the year IMO.

This is the offense we should be seeing...no huddle, mixing the run and pass, Joe and the Oline in a good rhythm, they used crossing routes!!!, used the middle of the field, etc...

Just beautiful game planning and play calling all day.

And the defense was beastly...With about 10 min left to go in the game, NY had run 31 plays, had the ball for under 16 min, had just over 100 yards of offense and 5 first downs.

The Ravens kept the Giants from getting first downs today, which was huge as we dominated TOP.

Everything was in rhythm today and that was huge.

End of the day, this was the game we needed to see. Now, next week means nothing....you get a bye.

#13 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think I have it figured out. The Ravens are big into Mayan mythology and had been worried sick about the coming apocalypse for the past month or so. When 12/22 finally came around and they realized that we weren't going to get sucked into the hidden black hole at the center of the galactic alignment, they were so relieved that they decided to show up and play some actual football.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Chykie Brown played great btw.

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Now to be honest, I had a bad feeling about the game. I said multiple times this week that this game was more about the Giants than the Ravens but that turned out to not be the case. The Ravens stepped up in a big way and showed that when they play well they compete with anybody. I guess we really shouldn't be surprised. The Ravens have shown numerous times over the last 5 years that they can step up and win big games when needed. Yeah, they haven;t gotten over the hump in the playoffs but some of that has been bad luck. They've put themselves in position in 3 of the 4 playoff years during the Harbaugh era. SO props to the Ravens for once again answering the bell.

I still think the Broncos and Texans are a good bit more talented and we'll have a hard time going in and beating either one of them but thats a different discussion for a different day.

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Now to be honest, I had a bad feeling about the game. I said multiple times this week that this game was more about the Giants than the Ravens but that turned out to not be the case. The Ravens stepped up in a big way and showed that when they play well they compete with anybody. I guess we really shouldn't be surprised. The Ravens have shown numerous times over the last 5 years that they can step up and win big games when needed. Yeah, they haven;t gotten over the hump in the playoffs but some of that has been bad luck. They've put themselves in position in 3 of the 4 playoff years during the Harbaugh era. SO props to the Ravens for once again answering the bell.

I still think the Broncos and Texans are a good bit more talented and we'll have a hard time going in and beating either one of them but thats a different discussion for a different day.

None of these teams scare you.

If the Ravens are going to run their offense like they did today, they can and would beat anyone.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,831 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

If the Ravens are going to run their offense like they did today, they can and would beat anyone.

Denver and New England both scare me. Houston doesn't.

#18 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Not every team has a Cory Webster. :lol:

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Den in Denver scares me. Hous and NE not nearly as much.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Denver and New England both scare me. Houston doesn't.

They aren't a dominant football team like some teams have been in the past.

Not saying we will beat them or anything like that, just saying that they don't scare me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=