185 replies to this topic

#181 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

He'll get suspended as a repeat offender. Obviously he was really close to a suspension the last time, narrowly avoiding it on the appeal. I don't think his appeal this time will be approved. I agree that it's not particularly egregious on it's own, but the repetitive nature of Ed's hits will come back to burn him. That's his 3rd one this season.

If he's fined it is an automatic suspension. But I don't think that gets fined. That part is not automatic. I don't think his past will influence that part. He clearly attempts to put his shoulder into Cruz's chest, and the helmet contact is incidental.

#182 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

So...if Ed Reed makes a hit it is illegal...i'm convinced.

That was a blatantly illegal hit. No question about it. You can disagree with the rule, I think most of us do, but that is definitely an illegal hit according to the rule. He hit the WR nearly immediately and he hit him in the head (I do think it was more with Ed's shoulder than his own helmet, that doesn't make it not a penalty though)

#183 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

If he's fined it is an automatic suspension. But I don't think that gets fined. That part is not automatic.

If Ed Reed gets fined OR Suspended for THAT HIT (when he hit him with his shoulder in the chest because that IS WHAT HAPPENED) this league is bullshit and should be turned into the Lingerie National Football League....but with chicks.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#184 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

If Ed Reed gets fined OR Suspended for THAT HIT (when he hit him with his shoulder in the chest because that IS WHAT HAPPENED) this league is bullshit and should be turned into the Lingerie National Football League....but with chicks.

He clearly hit him in the head. He also got chest, but there was contact to the head as well.

#185 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Why is Ray Rice still out there?

#186 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Suspend him next week. He shouldn't play anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=